Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2017, 12:22   #961
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Just back from the showroom and after seeing the Race Red in flesh, I have decided to go with my booking choice, the lightning blue and did not want to change the colour. Till date nothing impresses me like the Mars Red for the EcoSport.

Things I confirmed during the visit.

1. The central armrest does not slide.
2. Though ford has removed the reclining feature for the back seat, the new seats are well contoured and we'll reclined and give a more comfortable seating.
3. The parcel tray under the passenger seat is only available in the Titanium+ variant. Most of my kit stayed there all the time. The kit included a candle, match, torch, comb, tooth brush, small soap etc that will be of much use in an emergency like if I had to do an unplanned stay or so. Now I need to find a place in the car to keep them.
4. Though I couldn't check it personally, the salesman did confirm that a speaker / woofer is available behind touch screen.
5. Diesel variant has a sump guard but the petrol variant doesn't. This was an important thing for me.

Last edited by Jude300 : 10th November 2017 at 12:25.
Jude300 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2017, 12:25   #962
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
On Sep 11 Cess hike happened and the prices of Ecosport should have been hiked. From the pictures you posted, Sep 6 prices are before Cess hike.
I think there was no cess applicable on small cars i.e. less than 4 meters and as per engine capacity rule. So clearly the price was increased by Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
They are not playing fool. Ford silently hiked the prices in October for two reasons
Technically they are within their right to increase the price but morally they are playing the fool. I totally agree that Ford has understood the psychology of the Indian customer and that’s why I believe morally they are cheating us!
On the contrary, I believe that a person in India won’t mind spending extra 15 to 20k for a price increase for a facelift especially when we are talking of the premium segment in the hatchback range.

Last edited by pareshraheja : 10th November 2017 at 12:27. Reason: grammer correction
Old 10th November 2017, 13:04   #963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post

Woofer behind the touchscreen in Titanium+ variant
Attachment 1694498
Are you sure this a woofer, and not a normal speaker?
Old 10th November 2017, 13:26   #964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Prices in Bangalore

Attachment 1694511

( received from JSP Ford)
Here Comes another Googly!

The prices mentioned by price list as received by you states for Titanium Diesel ex-showroom price is 9,95,900 and the insurance is 34,397.

When I plug in the details on policy bazaar for Titanium (O) variant and same IDV and new car, its shows the premium to be nearly half. Pls see screenshot below. Of-course it considers the pre-facelift Ecosport and I have entered my current car number as I could not leave it blank but, I suppose it should not matter as long as the IDV and car model remain same.

Again, am I missing something or yet again the dealer is just making money in name of buying insurance through him.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-insurance-quote.png  

Old 10th November 2017, 13:40   #965
BHPian

Ford is either charging a premium of Rs.10,000/- on the Petrol Titanium+ AT variant or the Petrol Trend+ AT variant is subsidized by Rs.10,000/-. Take your pick

(The price diff of Trend/Titanium variants of Petrol & diesel have been extrapolated to find the price of the missing Petrol MT variants)
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-ecosport2017.jpg  

r0nit7 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th November 2017, 14:03   #966
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurust View Post
Guys I think this pricing is introductory.
Have a look at this.
I seriously wish they dont keep increasing the price as they did last time post launch.
It would take a serious dent on the sales.

At first I thought those prices are really stellar.
Once you start comparing them with Nexon, variant by variant, Ecosport loses it by almost 70-80K margin.

But all said this is a proven car and trusted brand name on Indian roads, considering the service costs claimed by Ford, it ticks all boxes for a potential customer.
Old 10th November 2017, 14:08   #967
BHPian

Why hasn't ford launched Petrol Trend+(without AT) as a variant, and give an option to the customer for AT. That would have added up another variant into the list making it 11 for the offering. Am i missing something
Old 10th November 2017, 14:09   #968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja View Post
Again, am I missing something or yet again the dealer is just making money in name of buying insurance through him.
Every dealer makes money on the insurance sold through him. You can always buy insurance on your own from outside, but do check the coverage of the insurance offered by the dealer and from outside.
Old 10th November 2017, 14:17   #969
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nit7 View Post
Ford is either charging a premium of Rs.10,000/- on the Petrol Titanium+ AT variant or the Petrol Trend+ AT variant is subsidized by Rs.10,000/-. Take your pick

(The price diff of Trend/Titanium variants of Petrol & diesel have been extrapolated to find the price of the missing Petrol MT variants)
Could the difference be because of the duties/taxes on differing prices?
Old 10th November 2017, 14:21   #970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviraj View Post
Every dealer makes money on the insurance sold through him. You can always buy insurance on your own from outside, but do check the coverage of the insurance offered by the dealer and from outside.
Just checked from a car insurance dealer outside, and the same zero dep insurance for my Titanium+ AT in Delhi is Rs 23,000 less - as compared to one offered through Ford showrooms.
Old 10th November 2017, 14:42   #971
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vish_Janu View Post
Just checked from a car insurance dealer outside, and the same zero dep insurance for my Titanium+ AT in Delhi is Rs 23,000 less - as compared to one offered through Ford showrooms.
Insurance from dealer would be higher as they always make money on accessories and insurance. Another gimmick is handling charges. You can take insurance from outside and transfer the no claim bonus from your existing car to the new car.
Old 10th November 2017, 15:00   #972
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vish_Janu View Post
Do note that the dealer might not offer cashless if you take insurance from outside. I'm going through this issue now.

I have raised this with Ford as well but they direct me to the dealer who says that they can only offer cashless if the insurance policy has the dealer code.

Ultimately, you have to decide if you want to shell out the extra money for the peace of mind that cashless offers. During my recent visit to the A.S.S., I was sitting alongside someone whose EcoSport ran over the divider and in process, a big chunk of the underbody along with bumpers were damaged. The estimate was upwards of a couple of lakhs. Without cashless, this can be quite an awful situation to deal with.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2017, 15:02   #973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Do note that the dealer might not offer cashless if you take insurance from outside. I'm going through this issue now.

The estimate was upwards of a couple of lakhs. Without cashless, this can be quite an awful situation to deal with.
Being the optimist (and the avgeek) I'm, this (god forbid) can also be a great opportunity to earn credit card miles for free, as that money will come back via cheque later. Just sayin
Old 10th November 2017, 15:26   #974
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Ford should not allow this to happen. It is an arm twisting tactic by the dealer. The customer is just buying a car from them, not insurance.

I have changed the insurance provider for my Hyundai car during renewal and did not face any issue. They offer cashless for insurance providers with whom there is a tie up, irrespective of whether you renew the insurance from them or now. So get the approved list of insurance providers for cash less from the dealer.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 10th November 2017 at 15:28.
PatienceWins is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2017, 15:34   #975
BHPian

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched a...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja View Post
I think there was no cess applicable on small cars i.e. less than 4 meters and as per engine capacity rule. So clearly the price was increased by Ford.

What I can recall is that Ecosport, Aspire and Figo with 1.5L petrol engine saw a price hike as it breached the 1200cc (for petrol) bracket defined by the Government. Hence this might be the reason that Ford hiked the Ecosport AT (Pre-facelift) price.

Last edited by gk.93 : 10th November 2017 at 15:56.
gk.93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed