Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2017, 19:35   #1081
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dushmin View Post
Hi,
Can I expect numbers of around 13kmpl from the petrol AT?
Since most of your driving is on the highway, you should get an average of 12kmph.

I drive a Petrol Duster CVT and get 9-10 kmph within the city, B2B Blr traffic and around 12-13 on the highways.
raamki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2017, 19:37   #1082
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryayush View Post
Now I am confused. Is it essential or not, and where do I get a fibre one from if not officially from Ford?

If the engine was susceptible to damage from below, would Ford not have added something to guard it before it left the factory?
Ford shipped the diesel Ecosport with an engine guard (a softer material) and left the petrol versions unprotected. Ford knows best, so if the petrol doesn't need one, it doesn't need one. But that should not prevent you from getting one, if you'd sleep better with one installed.

I am running without one for 4 years now. Neither did my Civic have one.

Quote:
Hi,
I test drove the EcoSport Titanium +. Petrol AT yesterday. Coming from a 2009 i20 , it felt really good to drive.

I am planning to get a new car and after this test drive am super confused.

I need an automatic car for sure. I drive over 90Km a day , over 3.5 hours every day.Drive being 70 km highway , 20km stop-go traffic.

Polo GT and Vento Tsi were the contenders so far. Now i have no clue what to buy.

I want something super reliable but the fuel efficiency numbers seem a bit off for the EcoSport. Can I expect numbers of around 13kmpl from the petrol AT?
On the highway, you would easily get around 14-15kmpl, but that 20km of stop-go traffic is going to play spoilsport. With a torque converter I don't see it returning more than 5-6kmpl in the city. 13kmpl, probably, but with that kind of running I suggest you look at the Rapid diesel DSG.

Last edited by civic-sense : 13th November 2017 at 19:44.
civic-sense is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th November 2017, 19:40   #1083
BHPian

Nah, I’d rather skip it. I never went out and installed one on my Santro or Verna and never had any troubles with the engine getting damaged from below. Thanks for the advice.
Old 13th November 2017, 19:49   #1084
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I need an automatic car for sure. I drive over 90Km a day , over 3.5 hours every day.Drive being 70 km highway , 20km stop-go traffic.

Polo GT and Vento Tsi were the contenders so far. Now i have no clue what to buy.

I want something super reliable but the fuel efficiency numbers seem a bit off for the EcoSport. Can I expect numbers of around 13kmpl from the petrol AT?

I am surprised you are actually looking for a Petrol? For your kind of mileage diesel is the way to go. If budget permits, Creta automatic diesel will be my choice for your requirement or the Vento/ Verna diesel automatic.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2017, 19:52   #1085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre13 View Post
This is really weird! How can the car cost 10k more in the same city at 2 different dealers? The price at SC Ford Malad is 13.12L for T+ AT. Looks like Kavish is charging more for the RTO registrations. No guesses for where the extra amount goes to
You are right, there is a 10k difference for Titanium+ AT. Rates for all other variants is matching. This seems to be day light robbery

Registration charges
Hare Krishna Ford, Mulund - 130,669
Kavish Ford, Powai - 141,880

That is a difference of 11,211

Can you please post the pricing you received from SC Ford. Will confront the SA tomorrow with both the pricing. Also,

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
From photo, I can make out it is Trend + variant. But I think I can see Sports mode there. Any idea, how it would work without paddle shifters? Are there any buttons on the side of the gear knob?
Trend+ has L mode and not S mode

Quote:
I am thinking of getting the following accessories from Ford for my Titanium+ AT:
  • Air Deflectors: ₹3,750
  • Engine Guard: ₹8,200
  • Illuminated Scuff Plates: ₹5,150
  • Mudflap Kit: ₹900
  • Rear Spoiler: ₹5,500
  • Roof Cross Bar: ₹7,100
  • Sun Blinds: ₹3,500
I would consider Engine guard and Spare wheel cover
Old 13th November 2017, 20:04   #1086
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Can you please post the pricing you received from SC Ford. Will confront the SA tomorrow with both the pricing.
Here you go! I apologize for the poor quality of the image..

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-1510583610898.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 13th November 2017 at 20:21. Reason: Image inserted in-line.
spectre13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2017, 20:16   #1087

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
I am surprised you are actually looking for a Petrol? For your kind of mileage diesel is the way to go. If budget permits, Creta automatic diesel will be my choice for your requirement or the Vento/ Verna diesel automatic.
Budget is the primary concern . The stretch to Vento or even the EcoSport Titanium is the max I can go.

EcoSport really impressed me . I was content getting the VW till a few days back.

The Dsg twins do not give me peace of mind owing to reliability concerns.

Another offtopic thing , but the tyre size in Titanium+ of EcoSport is practically not available . A web search could not find any other brand than Bridgestone ecopia( same as the OEM ones). Could be a source of trouble considering the fact that the sidewalls are not very tall and that Indian roads are not very forgiving on low profile tyres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post

On the highway, you would easily get around 14-15kmpl, but that 20km of stop-go traffic is going to play spoilsport. With a torque converter I don't see it returning more than 5-6kmpl in the city. 13kmpl, probably, but with that kind of running I suggest you look at the Rapid diesel DSG.
The budget constraints do not allow me exceeding 12.5l on road Delhi. The fuel efficiency concerns worry me , may end up just buying a Polo GT and save 2 lakhs for the fuel expense.😁

Not a fan of diesel cars , the initial high cost makes them out of reach. I generally prefer top end variants . I dont find any diesel auto top ends in my budget.

Last edited by aah78 : 13th November 2017 at 20:50. Reason: Posts merged. Please use QUOTE+/MULTI-QUOTE when responding to multiple posts. Thanks!
Old 13th November 2017, 21:48   #1088
BHPian

Quote:

It has an L mode and there are +/- buttons on the gear knob.
Why is there an 'L' mode on the 2017 EcoSport AT Trend+ compared to the 'S' mode on my 2013 Ford Ecosport AT?The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-img20171113wa0048.jpg

What are the differences, if any? If there is no difference, why has the nomenclature changed? The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-img20171113wa0047.jpg
Murugan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2017, 21:58   #1089
BHPian

Guys, I ordered LED tail lamps from AliExpress couple of weeks back for my soon-to-be-delievered Ecosport, as I think its rear illumination is inadequate.

Would installing these on the rear pillar void warranty in any way?

Also, confused about scuff plates, and what purpose does it exactly serve?
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-img_0933.jpg  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-newledtaillightsmodifiedcolumnlampfor.jpg  

Old 13th November 2017, 22:13   #1090
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vish_Janu View Post
Guys, I ordered LED tail lamps from AliExpress couple of weeks back for my soon-to-be-delievered Ecosport, as I think its rear illumination is inadequate.

Would installing these on the rear pillar void warranty in any way?

Also, confused about scuff plates, and what purpose does it exactly serve?

Yes, electrical warranty will be void. And this is quite obvious fitment which cannot be missed.

Scuff plates are to avoid scratches due to constant rubbing of footwear during ingress/ egress.
Old 13th November 2017, 22:17   #1091
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Another offtopic thing , but the tyre size in Titanium+ of EcoSport is practically not available . A web search could not find any other brand than Bridgestone ecopia( same as the OEM ones).
You do have alternates like Bridgestone, Pirelli, Michelin, Goodyear, but in a slightly different sizes likes 215/60/ R17, or 215 /55 R17. This should not be too different from the stock 205/60 R17.
Old 13th November 2017, 22:48   #1092
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
You do have alternates like Bridgestone, Pirelli, Michelin, Goodyear, but in a slightly different sizes likes 215/60/ R17, or 215 /55 R17. This should not be too different from the stock 205/60 R17.
The stock Titanium+ Size is 205/50 R17
Old 13th November 2017, 22:57   #1093
BHPian

Quote:
Nah, I’d rather skip it. I never went out and installed one on my Santro or Verna and never had any troubles with the engine getting damaged from below. Thanks for the advice.
Never installed one and never had any issues. Agree with aryayush that this may not be neceessary
Old 13th November 2017, 23:02   #1094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murugan View Post
This is the photo sent on request.Attachment 1695742
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
From photo, I can make out it is Trend + variant. But I think I can see Sports mode there. Any idea, how it would work without paddle shifters? Are there any buttons on the side of the gear knob?
Quote:
Why is there an 'L' mode on the 2017 EcoSport AT Trend+ compared to the 'S' mode on my 2013 Ford Ecosport AT?Attachment 1695837

What are the differences, if any? If there is no difference, why has the nomenclature changed? Attachment 1695838
I felt like I caught the 'L' in the first picture but wasn't sure - in fact, I recall one of the video reviews (maybe ACI) mentioning the lack of an 'S' mode in the Trend+.

This is quite disappointing. As per the reviews, the 1.5 dragon is not really fast - maybe sufficient, but lacks punch, and with a torque converter instead of a DCT, I was looking forward to the sport mode.

Since the gearbox is exactly the same, I wonder how changing the mode (which must be a software map which holds gears differently) - actually saves cost. I'd assume that creating a different version of the same 'box would cost more from a manufacturing / ops and process efficiency standpoint, no?

Anyway, this means I have to consider the Titanium+, if at all I consider the ES auto. And while it was very VFM for 10.7 OTR Delhi, 12.9 puts things in a completely new perspective!
Old 13th November 2017, 23:10   #1095
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why is there an 'L' mode on the 2017 EcoSport AT Trend+ compared to the 'S' mode on my 2013 Ford Ecosport AT?
I think it means lower gear or something like a first gear which can be used in manual mode.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks