Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2017, 23:22   #1096
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Can the 'L' mode be used for engine braking while driving downhill?

Will it be useful during overtaking?
Old 14th November 2017, 07:15   #1097
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vish_Janu View Post
Guys, I ordered LED tail lamps from AliExpress couple of weeks back for my soon-to-be-delievered Ecosport, as I think its rear illumination is inadequate.
Why am I feeling that the new lamps might not fit in properly? I am not able to see any small acute angle like the one at the top right corner of the lamp on the car. In the LED ones the shorter side looks almost having right angles. Is that an optical illusion?

Edit: I think now I got it. This piece is not for the one on the door right?

Last edited by bijubalan : 14th November 2017 at 07:18.
Old 14th November 2017, 08:04   #1098
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murugan View Post

Yes, it can be used while driving downhill, not useful for overtaking. I also noticed this difference between Titanium plus and Trend plus variants. This will be clear once the official review is completed
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-at_variant.jpg  

Last edited by deehunk : 14th November 2017 at 08:27.
deehunk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th November 2017, 08:21   #1099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by findviru View Post
I am in the market for a new car and looking at Scross, Ecosport, Vitara Brezza, Nexon, WRV and Creta as options. One thing that bothers me apart from car features and cost is the sustainability of the brand. I want to keep the car for at least 10 years and not sure if Ford will be still selling the cars in India after 5 years. What if they go GM way and close the shop. I may find it difficult to service my car. I know company is mandated to provide service even after shutting down but ground reality can be different.
Yes, I do have the same concerns, though I really like the build quality of Ecosport and safety feel that comes with it. Again, I am among the group who like to keep it for 10 years or so,

Friends, any thoughts on the above?
blrboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2017, 08:41   #1100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blrboy View Post
Yes, I do have the same concerns, though I really like the build quality of Ecosport and safety feel that comes with it. Again, I am among the group who like to keep it for 10 years or so,

I am another one like you guys believing in keeping the car for longer duration. There are some videos from carguru saying there is nothing like ford going out of India etc. but some of the companies may not participate in auto expo 2018, which was interpreted as their exit from India. I am not sure about ford.
Apart from this, what are the best service centers in Bangalore for Ford? We need to have some good and consistently performing service centers around to maintain it. Any ford owners, please chime in here.
I loved this new ecosport and have shortlisted between top 2 for a buy in near future (addition: Maruti might launch Brezza petrol next year and just waiting for that , other cars test driven are Baleno, Jazz and i20 active and dropped).
Old 14th November 2017, 08:42   #1101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Ford will be there in India and their service cost is very light on the pocket too. Ford Ecosport diesel is highly fuel efficient. Maruti S-Cross and Vitara Brezza are same cars under the hood but with different clothing. Tata's strategy will depend on the success of Nexon, you may see new vehicles in future with the new diesel engine if Nexon is successful. WR-V is neither a C-SUV nor a crossover. It is a hatchback with higher GC and claddings all over the body. But it is the most spacious car in its segment and an ideal car for sedate drivers. The WR-V is also fuel efficient in both petrol and diesel version.
Old 14th November 2017, 08:45   #1102
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by findviru View Post
One thing that bothers me apart from car features and cost is the sustainability of the brand. I want to keep the car for at least 10 years and not sure if Ford will be still selling the cars in India after 5 years. What if they go GM way and close the shop. I may find it difficult to service my car. I know company is mandated to provide service even after shutting down but ground reality can be different.
Quote:
If you liked the car, I would say go ahead and buy it. GM closed its operations doesn’t mean that the other Americans has to follow. From a sales volume, investment, and infrastructure point of view Ford indeed is in a better shape compared to many other brands operating in India.

Infact I would say there are more possibilities of a S-Cross going off the market than the Ecosport.

Last edited by vb-saan : 14th November 2017 at 08:46.
vb-saan is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th November 2017, 09:24   #1103
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
the 'L' ... Will it be useful during overtaking?
That will be like using 1st gear for overtaking - when you are already at high speeds. Do you want to try it ?
condor is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 14th November 2017, 10:11   #1104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Yes, electrical warranty will be void. And this is quite obvious fitment which cannot be missed.

Scuff plates are to avoid scratches due to constant rubbing of footwear during ingress/ egress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bijubalan View Post
Why am I feeling that the new lamps might not fit in properly? I am not able to see any small acute angle like the one at the top right corner of the lamp on the car. In the LED ones the shorter side looks almost having right angles. Is that an optical illusion?

Edit: I think now I got it. This piece is not for the one on the door right?
Then I will consider returning them.

Another question As an audiophile, I'm pretty sure I would want to upgrade the audio system as well, installing components instead of usual speakers, and a woofer as well - supported by an amp. Would that void the warranty as well??
Old 14th November 2017, 10:29   #1105
BHPian

Accessories price list for the new Ecosport. Looks ridiculously priced.

* Spare wheel cover for the old Ecosport was for 8500. It is now available for 12,500
* Leather steering cover for 9000
* Sun roof (Internal opening) 2,12,500
* Sun roof (External opening) 1,15,000

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-ford.png

Need advise on the Essential pack:
The dealer is offering Mud flaps, Floor mat & Trunk mat for 6000 as part of the Essential pack. When I look at the price list - Mud flaps are for 800 and Trunk mat is for 850. There are multiple floor mat options available. I am not sure which one is the dealer offering as part of the Essential pack

2 questions:
1. Is Carpet floor mat good enough?
2. Is Trunk mat really required?
damager21 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th November 2017, 10:37   #1106
Team-BHP Support

Ford seems to have learnt the importance of a sun-roof in the Indian market; interesting move. Can't comment on how the market perceives the price but I'm not comfortable with a sun-roof not fitted on the assembly line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
* Spare wheel cover for the old Ecosport was for 8500. It is now available for 12,500
From what I recall, it was 12k in 2016 as well.

Quote:
Need advise on the Essential pack:
The dealer is offering Mud flaps, Floor mat & Trunk mat for 6000 as part of the Essential pack. When I look at the price list - Mud flaps are for 800 and Trunk mat is for 850. There are multiple floor mat options available. I am not sure which one is the dealer offering as part of the Essential pack
I got the Essential Pack complimentary but it only included fabric Floor mats (4+1) and Mud-flaps. I'd recommend getting mud-flaps from the dealer and floor mats from outside (good rubber ones).

Quote:
By this you mean the basic floor carpet? I wouldn't want it damaged from all the dirt and wet shoes.

Quote:
If you don't anticipate using the trunk, it may not be required. But I think it is necessary to avoid dirt accumulating on the carpet and potential damage?

Last edited by libranof1987 : 14th November 2017 at 10:39.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2017, 11:02   #1107
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Accessories price list for the new Ecosport. Looks ridiculously priced.

2 questions:
The spare wheel cover was expensive right from 2013. Here's the pricelist (2013). Check out the side step . Think the one on XUV was a lot cheaper.

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-20130725_112726.jpg

I would recommend you to get the mud flaps from Ford and get the floor and trunk mats from outside. You get really good and practical ones. Here's what I got and it was very practical. The entire thing came around 2k including cutting (5 piece interior mats and a trunk mat). Ford mats are really soft and comfortable but the dust easily flies around and if it's dirty, it really shows up.

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-20131012_114749.jpg

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-20131012_114942.jpg

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-mat.jpg
naveen.raju is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th November 2017, 11:26   #1108
VR4
BHPian

[quote=aryayush;4304787]
Out of curiosity, what does the engine guard do? And what do you guys recommend for the floor mats?

Go for 3M Nomad car mats.
Old 14th November 2017, 11:33   #1109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
... Suffice to say that though the ES may sound /look better, the S-Cross is more than sufficient.

.... For all that the Ecosport offers, there are better options in both - the size and price.
More than features alone reasons like a higher seating position, styling, NVH and SUV'ish looks could easily tilt the decision in favor of Ecosport- as happened with my in laws who just booked an Ecosport over Scross and Brezza.

Regarding the power-trains, I felt that the 1.5 tdci is more refined and performs noticeably better than 1.3 ddis where it matters most to us- narrow busy streets of Kerala.
xjosephjacob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2017, 11:58   #1110
BHPian

Quote:

The L mode in the fiesta held on to the selected gear until it reaches the redline unless you used the manual gear selector to upshift. The trend+ variant seems to be missing the paddle shifters, but from pics I can see that the button based gear selector is still available. So in all possibility you can use the L mode along with the buttons as a manual mode. So, you can use it for overtaking.
civic-sense is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks