Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2017, 01:34   #1171
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Checked out the new Ecosport in person. Did not drive it as yet.

I own the previous Ecosport DCT AT 1.5L version.

My Take:
1) Shifting to the new 6 Speed Torque converter AT Transmission should reduce cost of the gearbox and make it more affordable, but gain in Engine BHP are likely to be lost in real world speed terms by moving from DCT high speed changing gearbox to conventional Gear Box gear shifting speeds. (That said the DCT in the earlier Ecosport itself was not as fast as the VW Group Dual Clutch setups).
2) The Colour Blue is making a major impact on Indians. Most Hexa that I have seen on the roads happen to be Blue and now many brands are launching vehicles with Blue as a primary colour.
3) Interiors did not impress me enough over the earlier one. The reason being that while the touchscreen needs to be closer to the driver for practicality that make the dash too close to the driver in the central area and make it feel a bit claustrophobic. I am not a fan of touchscreen displays in vehicle and prefer buttons and prefer the screen to be a bit further away. I do understand that this is the trend, yet..
4) The Front Grill and headlights do look good.
5) Integrated arm rest in the rear seat bench is a major improvement in my view.

Improvements in a newer version of a vehicle must be such that people sell their earlier vehicle and buy the new version of the same. The Honda City, Maruti Dzire, Toyota Corolla and Toyota Innova are examples of vehicles managing this.

This sadly feels like the earlier Toyota Innova facelifts that would not make a person buy the newer version after selling the earlier one.

Good effort though.
ACM is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th November 2017, 01:53   #1172
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Awesome! Congratulations @Vish_Janu. I guess you are the first person reporting in this thread in our TBHP community about new EcoSport delivery. Am very glad

I know you won't be able to have a peaceful sleep tonight with new car arrival

However, hope the night passes away soon and let the saturday begin early for you, so that you can fully enjoy the car and post us with more updates and initial ownership details.

Enjoy the drive my friend!

-Ravi

PS: BTW, Have you thanked Amazon for helping to get the car delivered so soon?
Thanks, Ravi

If I remember correctly I was the first person to book it also, in mid-october. I had been waiting for this since last year's LA auto show. You are absolutely right about the lack of sleep bit. Besides researching on which active subwoofer to install, I'm very tempted to take it out for a late night spin right now and test out that S mode asap

Also, haven't thanked Amazon as I believe my early delivery was influenced by me paying the dealer long back, and regularly writing to Ford team about it. Amazon booking definitely pushed it slightly more for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay89 View Post
Congratulations buddy on your new ride, sure the new ecosport looks stunning inside-out comparatively. I myself am considering AT, if you could give me insight as to how is the AT to drive in terms of its performance and the feedback you get while driving considering what ever little time you have spent with it by far.
Thanx
So farI have driven for an hour only in the D mode and I haven't felt any lag. The power came on smoothly and the car did well in start-stop traffic. My left leg feels great after 15 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
Congratulations! The car looks awesome in that color. You have a cover for the car already - That tells us that you will care a lot for the car.

Happy mile munching!
Thanks man! I ordered the cover and foot mats last week itself on Amazon. The window shades were completely mismatched, so returning them.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 18th November 2017 at 14:57. Reason: Smileys = 2 per post. Thank you.
Vish_Janu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th November 2017, 06:41   #1173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vish_Janu View Post
Guys,

I have got it. Finally my wait of acquiring the new Ecosport got finished this evening

Just back home after a visit to the temple, after the delivery.
Congrats buddy! Thus we have the first new EcoSport in Team-BHP. Wish you a million happy miles in your new car.

Waiting to hear more about the car.
Jude300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2017, 11:47   #1174
BHPian

Got invited for launch of Ecosport at a tier 3 city jsut few days ago. The event started nearly an hour and half late. The Sales VP from Ford who spoke added no value over what world already knows / brochure speaks.

Local dealership handled it well and entire staff was quite courteous. No ATs on display and was told 2017 make and model delivery possible only in 2018. On probing who would buy an year old car beginning of the year, was told that the people need to change the mindset.

It was first ever car launch event that I attended and now decided that I will avoid any such events in future. No Q&A, tried to strike a chat with VP later but he cut it abrupt, middle level managers in my organisation deliver far better presentations. VP addressed the new engine instead of gearbox as 6 Speed Automatic Engine 3 times post which I kind of stopped listening and continued hearing. There were other glaring mistakes as well. No reference to competition and ES advantages were discussed. Gave me feel that 3rd 4th rung cities are treated inferior.

Local dealership is quite responsive so higher ups of makers shouldn't matter.

Interiors of Nexon felt leagues ahead. Overall through Nexon was better put together.

Guess better wait for Nexon Diesel AMT. Recent acquisition of used Nano XTA has increased my faith in AMT technology.
sindabad.sailor is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th November 2017, 12:39   #1175
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

I have got it. Finally my wait of acquiring the new Ecosport got finished this evening

Just back home after a visit to the temple, after the delivery.

Driving an auto felt so good and smooth. I felt the power also came along nicely in the D mode, will try out S tomorrow, especially after I get my registration done, and number plate installed
Congrats. Thats great news. I am really looking forward to hearing a detailed driving experience using 'S' mode and how did you feel.
Also do let us know how did you feel driving on a rough terrain and on a steep incline.
Would be very interested in knowing about the power delivery.
Did you feel any engine noise creeping inside the cabin?
Also how do the brakes feel? Have heard that brakes don't have that kind of bite, so would like to know the real world experience.
Which audio system are you looking forward to, do post the details regarding that and also the performance of the same.
Old 18th November 2017, 14:32   #1176
BHPian

Will be interesting to see the opinions of those who owned a Ecosport DCT and upgraded to the new Ecosport CVT. What do they feel about the new automatic?
Old 18th November 2017, 16:20   #1177
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
Will be interesting to see the opinions of those who owned a Ecosport DCT and upgraded to the new Ecosport CVT. What do they feel about the new automatic?
The new Ecosport with the dragon engine gets a 6 speed torque converter. Ford doesn't bother with a CVT
Old 18th November 2017, 17:06   #1178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Was at a , it has weird brackets towards the seat end, which could restrict how bags are placed
This is to raise the floor of the boot to make a flat loading area. works well, but am not sure if the board will be able to bear weight.
Old 18th November 2017, 17:25   #1179
BHPian

Visited Kavish Ford to discuss 3 bits today

1. Their Registration charges for Titanium+AT is the highest amongst 3 dealers in Mumbai. 1.41 lacs Vs. 1.31 lacs offered by other 2 dealers.

Following are the Registration charges
Hare Krishna Ford, Mulund - 130,669
SC Ford, Malad - 130,969
Kavish Ford, Powai - 141,880

SA told me that the amount offered by both Hare Krishna Ford and SC Ford is wrong and they have now corrected their pricing sheet and charging Registration fees of 1.41 lac for Titanium+ AT

Can anyone from Mumbai who booked it recently or visited either of these 2 dealership confirm if the Registration charge indeed is 1.41 lac and not 1.31 lac

2. They are offering Zero depreciation insurance for 54k Vs about 30k which is available in the market. Told SA that I would rather buy from outside. He told me that for new cars, insurance is offered by company as a package. Told him that I would want to talk to his senior about this.

He will connect with his senior and come back to me on Monday

3. Spoke to Finance guy for car financing. They are offering car loan at 8.51% interest rate from private banks like ICICI or Axis and 8.7% from SBI. One can take loan for the entire ex-showroom price and pre-pay after 18 months without any penalty. Have asked him to offer a better price. He too will come back to me on Monday

Finally, white Ecosport Titanium+ was on display. I must say that I was surprised to see how good white looks in the new Ecosport, much better than what I expected
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-1.jpg  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-2.jpg  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-3.jpg  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-4.jpg  

damager21 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 19th November 2017, 10:16   #1180
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Am driving the EcoSport Facelift. I like how Ford doesn't penny-pinch. You can see it in the quality of the EcoSport vs the Vitara Brezza.

Case in point = the reversing camera & display quality . It's easily on par with what I've seen in high-end German cars (including my 530d). Simply fantastic. This was taken last (dark) evening:
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-20171118-18.21.01.jpg
GTO is offline   (35) Thanks
Old 19th November 2017, 10:46   #1181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I like how Ford doesn't penny-pinch. You can see it in the quality of the EcoSport vs the Vitara Brezza.

Case in point = the reversing camera & display quality: thumbs up. It's easily on par with what I've seen in high-end German cars (including my 530d). Simply fantastic.
Maruti pays little attention to such things, just see how they have maintained their power windows console for a decade. Is it an official review GTO, if so are you driving the diesel variant also?
Old 19th November 2017, 11:31   #1182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasunBannerjee View Post

Touchscreen is the best across segment, but probably not the sound.
Ingress and egress is pretty easy, which makes it a better contender against the Nexon. This point alone may break deal of the Nexon for few people, including me.
What is the issue with ingress and egress in the Nexon---I don't remember reading about it. Is it an issue for tall people?

Also, I am pretty disappointed to know about sound being not that great. Ford always provided the best ICEs in the segment till now.

BTW, thanks for your detailed observations. One area of concern is the low placement of the AC vents. Perhaps the side vents are high enough to direct to the face of the front occupants?
Old 19th November 2017, 11:42   #1183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
What is the issue with ingress and egress in the Nexon---I don't remember reading about it. Is it an issue for tall people?

One area of concern is the low placement of the AC vents. Perhaps the side vents are high enough to direct to the face of the front occupants?
The ingress and egress are not difficult due to the wide opening door and slightly curved seats. I too think that centre AC vents are placed low, the AC was an absolute chiller in the previous version.
Old 19th November 2017, 12:12   #1184
BHPian

So yesterday was spent mostly getting my stock audio upgraded. Have shared more details in the ICE section.

Also, that speaker behind the screen is just a centre speaker, NOT A SUBWOOFER.

and the stock speakers mentioned no brand, so they aren't Kenwood, as speculated earlier.

My limited run in S mode was fun, there's too much traffic on Delhi roads to test it out properly. Hopefully I will play with it properly tomorrow while going to work, and in those cyber city underpasses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post

Also, I am pretty disappointed to know about sound being not that great. Ford always provided the best ICEs in the segment till now.

BTW, thanks for your detailed observations. One area of concern is the low placement of the AC vents. Perhaps the side vents are high enough to direct to the face of the front occupants?
The placement of AC vents hasn't been of any concern to me so far, but the size of the glovebox definitely is. It is tiny compared to my i20.
Vish_Janu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th November 2017, 12:21   #1185
BHPian

Quote:

Also, that speaker behind the screen is just a centre speaker, NOT A SUBWOOFER.

and the stock speakers mentioned no brand, so they aren't Kenwood, as speculated earlier.

Congratulations for the new car Vish_Janu

It is sad that we get conflicting and sometimes erroneous information from SA . I had got exactly those info from Elite ford, KR puram Bangalore.

BTW, how is the new Automatic and dragon combination working? Will you be able to compare it with the dct+ sigma petrol combination?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks