Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2017, 20:12   #1381
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Posting a walkaround (not done by me of course!) of the base Ambiente variant. I find the glossy black grill more appealing and sporty as compared to its chrome variety.

Old 3rd December 2017, 21:55   #1382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurust View Post
Guys, today my car, titanium plus AT, refused to start, Any ideas ??
These kind of issues will not be good for Ford's reputation that it has built so far in the market.
These issues point towards a big gap in the quality assurance process being employed at Ford India.
Have heard that a similar issue was faced by someone while taking the delivery of the car.

This is quite concerning.

Would request you to get a complete RCA done for this issue, and let everyone know for your benefit as well as for the benefit of other fellow Team BHP members and readers who have either received or booked their new Ford Ecosports.
jatinbindra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2017, 06:46   #1383
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Guys, today my car, titanium plus AT, refused to start,
These are not expected to happen and requires a thorough check. Please take it to the service centre and get it checked. In most cases it could only be a loose connection or a faculty electrical issue. Check fuse box too for anything loose.

Do you have rat menace where you park your car? Not suggesting anything but just could be a possibility.
Jude300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2017, 10:09   #1384
BHPian

Hi Friends,

Saturday I went for a PDI for my Ecosport Titanium Diesel. I kept staring at the her as she sat there waiting for me to take her home.
I was allowed to drive her within the compound. During pickup alone, I noticed that the engine clatter is quite loud. It wasn't the same when I drove the test diesel car.

Is it normal for a new car to have quite loud engine clatter during pickup? Once the rpm rises, it's normal.

I still have the chance to change the car allotted to me.

Your suggestions / inputs would be extremely valuable.
Old 4th December 2017, 11:21   #1385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theapollohelios View Post
. During pickup alone, I noticed that the engine clatter is quite loud. It wasn't the same when I drove the test diesel car.

Is it normal for a new car to have quite loud engine clatter during pickup? Once the rpm rises, it's normal.

I still have the chance to change the car allotted to me.

Your suggestions / inputs would be extremely valuable.
If this is your first diesel car, you will hear many different sounds and think something is wrong.

On the 1.5 TDci, I have noticed that on cold start, for the first km, the clatter is more audible when the revs increase.
But, once the engine reaches operating temp, it is normal. Best way to avoid that clatter- drive in low revs for the first few kms which is good for the engine as well.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2017, 12:00   #1386
BHPian

Came across this on you tube, showing the options given in the 2018 US model ecosport. We are missing quite a few features in the Indian model.

Last edited by GTO : 4th December 2017 at 17:57. Reason: Correcting YouTube link :). Simply cut-copy-paste the url from your browser
Dramitn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2017, 13:50   #1387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinbindra View Post
These kind of issues will not be good for Ford's reputation that it has built so far in the market.
These issues point towards a big gap in the quality assurance process being employed at Ford India.
Have heard that a similar issue was faced by someone while taking the delivery of the car.

This is quite concerning.

Would request you to get a complete RCA done for this issue, and let everyone know for your benefit as well as for the benefit of other fellow Team BHP members and readers who have either received or booked their new Ford Ecosports.
Thanks a lot, I’ll keep this thread updated about the issue.
I have contacted ford on social media as well and they have been very very patient and prompt.
Mechanical issues can crop up so no problems with that, if the manufacturer is prompt in resolving my issues, I’m a happy chap.
blurust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2017, 14:00   #1388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dramitn View Post
Came across this on you tube, showing the options given in the 2018 US model ecosport. We are missing quite a few features in the Indian model.
Wow! Excellent features, specifically the 'Hill roll prevention' for newbies. 'Blind sport vehicle detection radar' may not so much needed at Indian speeds i guess. It would be great to get atleast the 'Roll controller' for Indian roads.
Old 4th December 2017, 15:00   #1389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash View Post
Wow! Excellent features, specifically the 'Hill roll prevention' for newbies. 'Blind sport vehicle detection radar' may not so much needed at Indian speeds i guess. It would be great to get atleast the 'Roll controller' for Indian roads.
Isn’t roll controller same as ESP ? If same these two features are available in titanium plus diesel and petrol.
Old 4th December 2017, 18:29   #1390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash View Post
Quote:
Isn’t roll controller same as ESP ? If same these two features are available in titanium plus diesel and petrol.
Indian version of EcoSport Facelift doesn't come with Blind Spot vehicle detection. However, Titanium+ in both Petrol AT and Diesel Manual is now available with TCS (for slippery roads), ESP - Electronic Stability Program (called as Roll controller in the video) to balance the rapid and HLA (Hill Launch Assist) aka Hill Hold Control.

Though not related to EcoSport, the below video is useful to understand how these safety features are very useful demostrated using XUV 5OO with Bosch technology.

Hats off to Ford for bringing these features to sub 4 meter CSUV as segment first at this price point.

-Ravi

Last edited by ravib : 4th December 2017 at 18:38.
ravib is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th December 2017, 22:03   #1391
BHPian

I have the following questions ever after clocking almost 500 kms in my Titanium + AT.

1. Any idea how to make the auto rain sensing work? I have followed the instructions given in the manual. However, it does not have any effect at all. During last week heavy rains in Chennai, the wipers didn’t start as expected. (Menu->Adv settings->vehicle->wipers->rain sensing = checked)

2. Auto door lock. All my cars have this and I know it is there as well. However, I am not hearing the doors clicking to lock after the car moves and gains some distance. At least, I am unable to see the yellow light coming on, on the door lock status led. Does this need keyfob programming? If so, is this not the default setting?

3. Any help on the settings under lock would be appreciated esp. that says mislock, system inhib etc

Thanks

Last edited by vprabu : 4th December 2017 at 22:04.
Old 4th December 2017, 22:40   #1392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vprabu View Post
I have the following questions ever after clocking almost 500 kms in my Titanium + AT.

1. Any idea how to make the auto rain sensing work? I have followed the instructions given in the manual. However, it does not have any effect at all. During last week heavy rains in Chennai, the wipers didn't start as expected. (Menu->Adv settings->vehicle->wipers->rain sensing = checked)

2. Auto door lock. All my cars have this and I know it is there as well. However, I am not hearing the doors clicking to lock after the car moves and gains some distance. At least, I am unable to see the yellow light coming on, on the door lock status led. Does this need keyfob programming? If so, is this not the default setting?

3. Any help on the settings under lock would be appreciated esp. that says mislock, system inhib etc

Thanks

I too have the same question and was above to post the same question?
The reason why we don't hear the auto lock locking because it doesn't lock it by itself when we hit a certain speed, sure this feature is there in the car probably one has to program it I guess or may be one can activate/deactivate it from the MyKey settings, may be an not sure, I don't even see the sensors coming into play while the reverse can is on do you too witness this?
Old 4th December 2017, 23:38   #1393
Senior - BHPian

In my test drives, i noticed that in T+ variants, after we engage the reverse gear, the camera immediately switches on and we can see the rear view in 8" touch screen. Once we are done with reversing and shift to 1st gear for forward movement, the 8" touch screen was still showing up the rear view for may be about 15 to 30 seconds although i started moving forward and car crossed about 20 to 50 metres. The touchscreen content didn't switch to prior screen (like Radio/Settings/Navigation etc).

Are the new owners of T+ seeing this problem? Or was it just a test drive car issue. No idea if there was any specific reason to have it designed, if it is intended that way.

-Ravi
Old 4th December 2017, 23:42   #1394
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
In my test drives, i noticed that in T+ variants, after we engage the reverse gear, the camera immediately switches on and we can see the rear view in 8" touch screen. Once we are done with reversing and shift to 1st gear for forward movement, the 8" touch screen was still showing up the rear view for may be about 15 to 30 seconds although i started moving forward and car crossed about 20 to 50 metres.

-Ravi
It's much easier in case you have to go forward and reverse in quick succession. My vw also has the same feature. Very nifty.
H_Dogg72 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th December 2017, 23:47   #1395
BHPian

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched a...

I believe that is intentionally done to give a better experience from a reversing perspective.

Last edited by ranjithrnair : 4th December 2017 at 23:49.
ranjithrnair is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks