Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2017, 23:12   #1411
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by vprabu View Post
can someone clarify on what this means?
I have the old generation EcoSport and the wrench symbol came up only at the time when the vehicle was due for servicing. Post service the warning disappeared , better to watch for the same as logic dictates that it should not appear for a new car unless something else is amiss.
mazda4life is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2017, 23:17   #1412
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda4life View Post
I have the old generation EcoSport and the wrench symbol came up only at the time when the vehicle was due for servicing. Post service the warning disappeared , better to watch for the same as logic dictates that it should not appear for a new car unless something else is amiss.
Is yours MT or AT model? This page is literally scaring the hell out of me. I am taking the car for check up first thing tomorrow.
Old 5th December 2017, 23:37   #1413
BHPian

Quote:
Today, while starting the car in the evening I saw the 'wrench' symbol appearing the on the dash and the display in the MID said 'See manual'. In the manual it says 'Service Engine soon'. Can someone clarify on what this means?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda4life View Post
Nothing to worry. It is just a service reminder indicator. Have you crossed or neared the first service interval? In that case then there is absolutely nothing to worry. I had it in my first Ecosport too. I had left the car for service a little before it was due as I had to do a long drive. I crossed the 1000km mark while on the drive and the indicator turned on. Shocked I called up the service advisor immediately who then explained the thing and also told me how to clear the indicator. I had to turn on ignition and had to hold the clutch and brake for about 30 seconds or so. Don't remember what I did. But for sure it's not an issue to be worried at all.

I guess Ford needs to hear this. Customers have to be educated about this as it is unnecessarily causing concerns for the customers. Gonna post this feedback on Ford's FB page rightaway.

Last edited by Jude300 : 5th December 2017 at 23:40.
Jude300 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2017, 06:28   #1414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
Nothing to worry. It is just a service reminder indicator. Have you crossed or neared the first service interval? In that case then there is absolutely nothing to worry. I had it in my first Ecosport too. I had left the car for service a little before it was due as I had to do a long drive. I crossed the 1000km mark while on the drive and the indicator turned on. Shocked I called up the service advisor immediately who then explained the thing and also told me how to clear the indicator. I had to turn on ignition and had to hold the clutch and brake for about 30 seconds or so. Don't remember what I did. But for sure it's not an issue to be worried at all.

I guess Ford needs to hear this. Customers have to be educated about this as it is unnecessarily causing concerns for the customers. Gonna post this feedback on Ford's FB page rightaway.
Thanks Jude. Hope it is trivial. I have done only 500kms so far and it is not even close to service interval both by kms and time.

When I called up the SA, I was told the same thing. Then when I reminded her that it is a AT model she got confused too. When we have the MID that can display proper text for service reminders why the symbol is made to pop up for something trivial like this. My BIL is working for Ford and am going to have him checked on this too.

I have owned 9 cars so far and this is the first I am experiencing something like this. My BMW draws the car icon in red and says service due by <date>. Honda Accord had a dedicated service reminder icon as well. Let me check today and I will update you all. Anyone else has faced this issue at the 500kms? I guess one person faced car starting issues. Should we all create a new thread for this or use this thread itself for discussing the issues?
vprabu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th December 2017, 10:36   #1415
BHPian

Quote:
I guess one person faced car starting issues. Should we all create a new thread for this or use this thread itself for discussing the issues?
Hi, I did, I still don’t know why it happened though. The car is working fine right now, must be my mistake somewhere it seems. I hope your issue gets resolved and it’s nothing big to worry about. I think we are experiencing some initial niggles with the automatic variant. I hope they settle down soon.

Last edited by blurust : 6th December 2017 at 10:41.
Old 6th December 2017, 11:03   #1416
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Jude. Hope it is trivial. I have done only 500kms so far and it is not even close to service interval both by kms and time.
Sorry guys I might have misguided here based on the experience with the old Ecosport. I read through the new manual and seems like this is a Powertrain malfunction warning as I dont see the service indicator mentioned.

If this is not a trivial issue, I think it would be good to start tracking the issues in a separate thread. But for now lets wait and see.
Old 6th December 2017, 11:22   #1417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurust View Post
Hi, I did, I still don’t know why it happened though. The car is working fine right now, must be my mistake somewhere it seems. I hope your issue gets resolved and it’s nothing big to worry about. I think we are experiencing some initial niggles with the automatic variant. I hope they settle down soon.
Just an update, the car seems to be absolutely fine. Hope it was just some random incident. I have done close to 75kms since yesterday and car is not showing any abnormality while driving. Dash is clean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
Sorry guys I might have misguided here based on the experience with the old Ecosport. I read through the new manual and seems like this is a Powertrain malfunction warning as I dont see the service indicator mentioned.

If this is not a trivial issue, I think it would be good to start tracking the issues in a separate thread. But for now lets wait and see.
Many from that post I have shared, spoke about loss of power, throttle sensor issue, power train malfunction, PCM issue etc. The Ford people have assured me proper attention in case if it happens again. So, giving that issue a little rest for now.
vprabu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th December 2017, 22:46   #1418
BHPian

How many EcoSport sold in November?
Old 6th December 2017, 23:10   #1419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurust View Post
This is a small first drive observation of my ecosport automatic titanium plus.

[/b]
How do you find the power delivery? Have you had the chance to the Ecosport on to the highway as yet? Look forward to updates!

Also, does the T+ have a larger dead-pedal than the MT variants? I test-drove the Petrol MT, and felt that the dead pedal was too narrow for my feet.
Old 6th December 2017, 23:34   #1420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaqa View Post
How do you find the power delivery? Have you had the chance to the Ecosport on to the highway as yet? Look forward to updates!

Also, does the T+ have a larger dead-pedal than the MT variants? I test-drove the Petrol MT, and felt that the dead pedal was too narrow for my feet.
The power delivery for me hasn't been a concern yet on the highway or the city. If you meant how the power is delivered, then honestly being an automatic its very linear. I am upgrading from a humble figo diesel and this is obviously better. I won't call the power thrilling, it's just adequate.
In S mode though, it is actually a lot of fun. I haven't had the chance to try the S mode a lot, but Once I do, I shall update.
Old 7th December 2017, 10:27   #1421
BHPian

So this morning when I wanted to start the car, after 6 days of being idle, it refused to start.

I guess BluRust has had the same issues. All my other cars never have such problems even after 2 weeks of being idle but something seems terribly wrong with Ford's wiring.

Any ideas on how to make sure this doesn't happen? Have we officially heard from ford?

I have just tweeted to them, will update once I get a proper response.
Vish_Janu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2017, 10:36   #1422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vish_Janu View Post
So this morning when I wanted to start the car, after 6 days of being idle, it refused to start.

I guess BluRust has had the same issues. All my other cars never have such problems even after 2 weeks of being idle but something seems terribly wrong with Ford's wiring.

Any ideas on how to make sure this doesn't happen? Have we officially heard from ford?

Aren't these issues a tad worrisome? We have team-bhp'ians themselves reporting so many issues within the first few weeks of ownership. And we aren't even taking into account all those EcoSport customers who aren't on the forum!
As an owner of 2 generations of Figo diesel, I've never encountered such problems with either with my own or any of my friends' Fords.
spectre13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2017, 10:46   #1423
BHPian

Quote:
All my other cars never have such problems even after 2 weeks of being idle but something seems terribly wrong with Ford's wiring.
I (kinda) have the same problem, because whenever I try starting my 2016 1.5L Ti-VCT after a day or two, it takes more than 2-3 cranks to get the engine started & there have often been times when the car refused to start after sitting idle for a couple of weeks.
I’ve told Delhi Ford about this problem, but their scans have come out completely clean.
This might be due to my extremely low running, as the car has clocked only 5000 KM in the past year and a half.

Last edited by AShubrah : 7th December 2017 at 11:11. Reason: accidentally inserted the emoji
Old 7th December 2017, 11:36   #1424
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Not a healthy sign; six days is not a lot for there to be starting trouble on a new car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AShubrah View Post
I (kinda) have the same problem, because whenever I try starting my 2016 1.5L Ti-VCT after a day or two, it takes more than 2-3 cranks to get the engine started & there have often been times when the car refused to start after sitting idle for a couple of weeks.
I’ve told Delhi Ford about this problem, but their scans have come out completely clean.
This might be due to my extremely low running, as the car has clocked only 5000 KM in the past year and a half.
That isn't normal. I have a June '16 petrol AT (with push button start) and it cranked on the first go after having left it idle for three months.

Low running is fine but is it too far and between? (say, a lot of kms in one go and nothing for a long period?). Any accessory pulling out charge?

Get the battery checked from an independent store (Exide/Amaron).
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2017, 11:48   #1425
BHPian

Quote:
=============
Any connection of this to do with the ICE update on your car? Or is this problem restricted to the AT version of EcoSport?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed