Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2017, 11:59   #1426
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Not a healthy sign; six days is not a lot for there to be starting trouble on a new car.
Hope Ford put a powerful enough battery on the Ecosport petrol. This is one of the vehicles I am considering to replace my wife's Swift petrol and hence keenly following this thread
bhpfaninblr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2017, 12:05   #1427
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
After a long wait my Lightning Blue 1.5D Titanium Ecosport has been billed and should reach the dealer by Sunday.
Its never been a cake walk for getting my hands on the Ecosport. 4 years back, waited 3.5 months and suffered a price hike of about 50000 since the date of booking till I took delivery.
Congratulations! You would be the best person to rate on Ride quality of new EcoSport, since you got Titanium which comes with same 16 inch profile tires.

How has your experience been so far on varied terrain with new EcoSport? This would be my biggest deciding factor during my replacement of Esteem, I also have new Jazz which rides good but feels jittery on rough surfaces and is choppy on concrete highways.
Old 7th December 2017, 12:29   #1428
BHPian

Quote:
Low running is fine but is it too far and between? (say, a lot of kms in one go and nothing for a long period?). Any accessory pulling out charge
The car is run almost every alternate day by my mother, but only for 8-10 KM at max.
I did have a bass tube in the car for about 6 months, but it had a switch to power it on & off, so there wasn’t any battery wastage there.
My father recommended me to take the car on the highway, since it’s only run in the city, thinking it would solve the starting problem, but even after a Delhi-Agra round trip, the problem persists.
I would also like to specify that the starter makes a “kit-kit-kit-kit” sound when the car is cranked for the first time after a few days, as if the starter is trying hard to keep the car on, even though the engine is dying on it. I’ll try & upload a video of the same whenever I see the car next.

P.S - The battery tests done during the second free service showed that the battery was performing optimally, as the multimeter was constantly displaying a solid 13.9 volts.
Old 7th December 2017, 13:30   #1429
BHPian

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20171207-1.16.02-pm.jpeg
Finally, The beast came home yesterday. 1.5 Titanium D. Thank You all Bhpian's for helping me make an informed choice.Cheers !!
harmanjeet14 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 7th December 2017, 14:25   #1430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmanjeet14 View Post
Attachment 1703389
Finally, The beast came home yesterday. 1.5 Titanium D. Thank You all Bhpian's for helping me make an informed choice.Cheers !!
Let me be the first one to congratulate you on your purchase.
Wishing you countless miles on your new steed.
Hoping to see an ownership thread come up very soon, sir.
AShubrah is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2017, 14:54   #1431
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations! Wishing you all the very best and happy miles.

Awaiting the delivery of my Titanium MT (petrol) scheduled for Monday (11th Dec). So excited and curious.
ajishanand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2017, 15:07   #1432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vish_Janu View Post
So this morning when I wanted to start the car, after 6 days of being idle, it refused to start.

I guess BluRust has had the same issues. All my other cars never have such problems even after 2 weeks of being idle but something seems terribly wrong with Ford's wiring.

Any ideas on how to make sure this doesn't happen? Have we officially heard from ford?

I have just tweeted to them, will update once I get a proper response.
I will be starting my car after 12 days and will see if i face the same issue.
manish_symc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2017, 15:21   #1433
BHPian

Does the new Ecosport come with under-body coating ? We're taking delivery of our Trend + AT tomorrow, and hence wanted to take a call on this at the earliest
Old 7th December 2017, 15:27   #1434
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish_symc View Post
I will be starting my car after 12 days and will see if i face the same issue.
Quote:
So this morning when I wanted to start the car, after 6 days of being idle, it refused to start.

Any ideas on how to make sure this doesn't happen? Have we officially heard from ford?
It can be due to:
1) The Car battery not having be charged enough initially itself since being bought. (Too few kms and too far between.) - Solution would be to get the car battery charged really well once with a long drive.

2) Any electrical accessories that may have been bought initially as "official accessories" they do tend to drain the battery.

3) Loose contact between the battery and the battery wire coupler. Could have let to intermittent charging.

4) Maybe the battery was charged but did not start the car due to either a wire being cut off by rats or water getting into an electrical part during water washing of the engine bay. (Has happened to me a couple of times.) Generally though the car would start with no problem after being let to be for a few hrs. - not requiring any battery charging, and also would not charge with a booster battery.)

If the battery is not holding charge for more than 5 days though it is none of the above then it could be a case of a defective battery. You should ask for it to be replaced.

The EcoSport does go into a power saving mode after a few days and the door may require to be opened by the manual key (instead of remote) but that would not prevent the car from starting.
ACM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th December 2017, 17:06   #1435
BHPian

Quote:
That isn't normal. I have a June '16 petrol AT (with push button start) and it cranked on the first go after having left it idle for three months.
).
I also have a May 16 AT and haven't had any such issues and cranked on the first go after leaving it idle for over a month. In fact even my earlier Fiesta did not have any problems and original battery lasted for 6 years.
Old 7th December 2017, 17:27   #1436
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
It can be due to:
1) The Car battery not having be charged enough initially itself since being bought. (Too few kms and too far between.) - Solution would be to get the car battery charged really well once with a long drive.

2) Any electrical accessories that may have been bought initially as "official accessories" they do tend to drain the battery.

3) Loose contact between the battery and the battery wire coupler. Could have let to intermittent charging.

4) Maybe the battery was charged but did not start the car due to either a wire being cut off by rats or water getting into an electrical part during water washing of the engine bay. (Has happened to me a couple of times.) Generally though the car would start with no problem after being let to be for a few hrs. - not requiring any battery charging, and also would not charge with a booster battery.)

If the battery is not holding charge for more than 5 days though it is none of the above then it could be a case of a defective battery. You should ask for it to be replaced.

The EcoSport does go into a power saving mode after a few days and the door may require to be opened by the manual key (instead of remote) but that would not prevent the car from starting.
Guys, after checking the car for most of the day and giving me quite a loss due to fuel usage), Harpreet Ford is now telling me that my amplifier is draining the battery and I shouldn't use it. I frankly find the argument idiotic.

I would appreciate if you guys can suggest workarounds for this, they are saying direct connection to battery drains power via amp, even if car is off.

What can I do/suggest?
Vish_Janu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2017, 20:46   #1437
BHPian

Quote:
Harpreet Ford is now telling me that my amplifier is draining the battery and I shouldn't use it. I frankly find the argument idiotic.
I would appreciate if you guys can suggest workarounds for this, they are saying direct connection to battery drains power via amp, even if car is off.
If that’s actually the reason why the problem is persistent, then it’ll be the same in my case, because my amplifier is powered directly from the battery as well, but I also have the same amplifier & basstube setup in our Nissan Sunny, and it seems to be working wonderfully, even with a battery older than the actual age of my EcoSport.
If the root cause of battery drainage had to be a direct connection from the battery, I’m pretty sure that half the vehicles on the road would’ve had a problem as well.

P.S - I’m running a switch that allows me to switch on the basstube when required in the EcoSport, but the connection is direct in case of the Sunny, as the basstube turns on as soon as the key is in accessory mode. Won’t this act as a safeguard mechanism to prevent battery drain, instead of actually draining it?
AShubrah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2017, 08:50   #1438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, after checking the car for most of the day and giving me quite a loss due to fuel usage), Harpreet Ford is now telling me that my amplifier is draining the battery and I shouldn't use it. I frankly find the argument idiotic.

What can I do/suggest?
Going by that logic, other cars should be facing the issue. I have two amplifiers in my car and both of them are connected to the battery and the battery has been running flawlessly for the last 5 years. Ask him how other cars are running with amplifier. He is just trying to wash off his hands.
Old 8th December 2017, 10:18   #1439
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 1703389
Congrats buddy on your new drive!!! Your is the first Titanium diesel to be taken delivery on T-BHP. Mine too is the same variant and colour. Hope I get it by next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
Congratulations! You would be the best person to rate on Ride quality of new EcoSport, since you got Titanium which comes with same 16 inch profile tires.

How has your experience been so far on varied terrain with new EcoSport? This would be my biggest deciding factor during my replacement of Esteem, I also have new Jazz which rides good but feels jittery on rough surfaces and is choppy on concrete highways.
My car is still with the dealer as my lease formalities are not yet over. The wait is just too long and frustrating

I would definitely put up a ownership thread and will keep you updated as an when I get my car.
Jude300 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th December 2017, 11:49   #1440
BHPian

Hi Friends,

Finally took the delivery of my car yesterday. The silver ball – Titanium Diesel. All excited. Thanks to all BHPians for helping me make this decision.

Being my first “own” car, I need some help with some doubts /queries with regards to the documentation:

These are the following documents I received from Metro Ford:
1. Invoice – With Ex-showroom Value (not the OTR value)
2. Receipts – For all my down-payments made (booking amount + down-payments)
3. Extended Warranty – A 2 page printout, that looks like a photocopy
4. Owner’s manual which also includes the free service list etc.

For the Loan from SBI, I received 2 documents:
1. Sanction Letter
2. Arrangement Letter

Smart Card / RC Book – will be couriered home
Road Tax Invoice – will be given to me on Monday as they have apparently not yet received it!

Below are my doubts/queries:
Invoice – If only the ex-showroom value is mentioned in the invoice, how does the “Invoice Cover / Return to Invoice” protection on the Insurance work? Since my invoice shows only ex-showroom value will this added protection be of any benefit? I have added Invoice Protection to my Insurance that I purchased on my own via coverfox.

Loan – Does one receive only 2 documents with regards to loan? Sanction Letter and Arrangement Letter? Or do I need to obtain / receive any other document? This is my first loan ever.

Road Tax Invoice – why would they delay the delivery of the road tax invoice? I understand that only after one pays the Road Tax, one gets a number plate? It’s strange!

PUC Certificate – When asked for one, I was told that as this car is a new vehicle, there’s no PUC certificate. Is this true?

Sales Certificate – they apparently don’t give a copy of the sales certificate to the customer. Only submitted to RTO. If required, I can have a photocopy but not an original

I took my insurance on my own, so no worries on that.

Original Warranty –Is there a separate document for this? Or included in manual?

Extended Warranty – Sadly only a printout and not a booklet. My activa / fascino have extended warranty booklets. No booklet for a 12L car and just a printout?

There’s no document for warranty on third party parts such as battery / tyres etc. What should I do on this?

I also have not been given an invoice for the basic accessory kit I purchased (Mats and mudflaps). When asked for one, they said that they don’t have one as its a basic accessory kit.

I cross checked all other documents and spellings and also did a thorough PDI before registration and prior to the delivery. The car runs awesome. No complaints on that. Only on the documentation front.

Sorry for a long list of doubts. Your suggestions / feedback will be extremely helpful.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-img20171207wa0004.jpg  

theapollohelios is offline   (8) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks