Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2017, 12:13   #1441
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Going by that logic, other cars should be facing the issue. I have two amplifiers in my car and both of them are connected to the battery and the battery has been running flawlessly for the last 5 years. Ask him how other cars are running with amplifier. He is just trying to wash off his hands.
Just got a call from Ford India telling me the same thing, about the amp sucking the power out of the battery has led to drainage. I frankly don't buy that argument.

Having hard time figuring out what to do. Is there another way of connecting the amp, so it does not suck out battery when the car is off?
Old 8th December 2017, 12:42   #1442
Team-BHP Support

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by theapollohelios View Post
Hi Friends,

Finally took the delivery of my car yesterday. The silver ball – Titanium Diesel. All excited. Thanks to all BHPians for helping me make this decision.
Congratulations! Have a wonderful ownership period.

Quote:
Below are my doubts/queries:
Invoice – If only the ex-showroom value is mentioned in the invoice, how does the “Invoice Cover / Return to Invoice” protection on the Insurance work? Since my invoice shows only ex-showroom value will this added protection be of any benefit? I have added Invoice Protection to my Insurance that I purchased on my own via coverfox.
Same as mine; it mentions the ex-showroom price and the VAT paid on it.

Quote:
Loan – Does one receive only 2 documents with regards to loan? Sanction Letter and Arrangement Letter? Or do I need to obtain / receive any other document? This is my first loan ever.
By physical email, I received a scanned and stamped copy of the entire application form (around 12 pages) from HDFC.

On the NetBanking website, I can see all the other documents: Loan Document (mentioning the vehicle details, terms of loan) and a repayment schedule.

I'm sure SBI would have something similar once the loan shows up on your Account.

Quote:
Road Tax Invoice – why would they delay the delivery of the road tax invoice? I understand that only after one pays the Road Tax, one gets a number plate? It’s strange!
I got the Road Tax Invoice a week or so after I took delivery (I got the car home without having the reg. no.)

Quote:
PUC Certificate – When asked for one, I was told that as this car is a new vehicle, there’s no PUC certificate. Is this true?
Yes; a new car is exempt from PUC from anywhere between 6 months to a year (which version applies to you depends on the mood of the cop).

I waited for a year.

Quote:
Original Warranty –Is there a separate document for this? Or included in manual?
I did not get any Warranty booklet from Ford; I did get one from Honda and Hyundai a few years ago. But the Warranty (2+2) shows up on their system and my account on the Ford website.

Quote:
I also have not been given an invoice for the basic accessory kit I purchased (Mats and mudflaps). When asked for one, they said that they don’t have one as its a basic accessory kit.
I got these complimentary and it was only mentioned on the initial invoice we agreed the deal upon. Hand written (but on the dealer official template).

Last edited by libranof1987 : 8th December 2017 at 12:44.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2017, 13:02   #1443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Friends,

Finally took the delivery of my car yesterday. The silver ball – Titanium Diesel. All excited. Thanks to all BHPians for helping me make this decision.
Congrats on the car. You might have to change your front number plate if you are using the car in Bangalore. BTP is conducting lot of drives against non-standard number plates and better to play safe.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2017, 14:21   #1444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vish_Janu View Post
Just got a call from Ford India telling me the same thing, about the amp sucking the power out of the battery has led to drainage. I frankly don't buy that argument.

Having hard time figuring out what to do. Is there another way of connecting the amp, so it does not suck out battery when the car is off?
This is a common issue with the amp. Did you take the power input through any of the tap available in the wiring or directly took it from the battery. If it is from the battery terminal this will happen . If it is from some tap points, then this should not happen.
Old 8th December 2017, 14:24   #1445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Congrats on the car. You might have to change your front number plate if you are using the car in Bangalore. BTP is conducting lot of drives against non-standard number plates and better to play safe.
Yes, absolutely. I'm surprised they put such a small number plate on the front. The rear looks fine though. I paid an additional Rs. 1200 for IND number plates, hoping they'd put good ones as per the new rule. Will change it sometime soon. Thanks
Old 8th December 2017, 15:05   #1446
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Friends,

Congrats buddy.. wish you a million happy miles in your new car.

Just noticed that the registration plate had the IND hologram on it. Is it not banned to use that? Do check if it is allowed now a days.
Jude300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2017, 15:27   #1447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
Congrats buddy.. wish you a million happy miles in your new car.

Just noticed that the registration plate had the IND hologram on it. Is it not banned to use that? Do check if it is allowed now a days.
Is have no idea whether it is banned or not. Is it banned? I've read news articles that stated that it is banned, while I've also read those that say its legal.
Old 8th December 2017, 17:05   #1448
BHPian

Quote:
You might have to change your front number plate if you are using the car in Bangalore. BTP is conducting lot of drives against non-standard number plates and better to play safe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
Quote:
Is have no idea whether it is banned or not. Is it banned? I've read news articles that stated that it is banned, while I've also read those that say its legal.
I guess there is some confusion here. I assume this is the number plate which we are getting from RTO nowadays. I also have the similar number plate in my car but the only difference is I got it after one month of delivery date. Initially I was provided with a temporary number and dealer told as per the new guidelines we get the number plate issued from authority which has IND and a hologram printed on it. Using aftermarket number plate in newly registered vehicle is not allowed anymore.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Refer below pic.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-untitled.jpg  

Last edited by roby_dk : 8th December 2017 at 17:07.
Old 8th December 2017, 17:19   #1449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
I guess there is some confusion here. I assume this is the number plate which we are getting from RTO nowadays. I also have the similar number plate in my car but the only difference is I got it after one month of delivery date. Initially I was provided with a temporary number and dealer told as per the new guidelines we get the number plate issued from authority which has IND and a hologram printed on it. Using aftermarket number plate in newly registered vehicle is not allowed anymore.

Refer below pic.
The one you have is the correct size and no issues . The one which theapollohelios has is of same type but of smaller size(two wheeler). Bangalore Traffic Police here insist on having just number(not even IND) but so far the IND number plates have been spared.
Old 8th December 2017, 17:51   #1450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post

Refer below pic.
In Bangalore, the RTO does not provide IND number plates. The IND number plate on my car is an aftermarket one, and was done through a local number plate maker by the dealer.

Quote:
The one you have is the correct size and no issues . The one which theapollohelios has is of same type but of smaller size(two wheeler). Bangalore Traffic Police here insist on having just number(not even IND) but so far the IND number plates have been spared.
True, it is sadly the size of a two wheeler inspite of paying extra and requesting them to follow the new BTP rules. Will be getting it changed.
Old 8th December 2017, 18:23   #1451
BHPian

Quote:
Ah my mistake. I didn't noticed the size is smaller than the normal number plate. I focused particularly on the IND and hologram part.
Old 8th December 2017, 21:00   #1452
BHPian

Is the car auto locking while the car hits a certain speed, mine is not, saw a few posts saying the same, tried a setting from the MID, no use it still doesn't auto lock, new owners pls throw some light!!
Old 8th December 2017, 21:34   #1453
BHPian

Took delivery of Trend + AT today evening. Initial driving impressions are positive. Suspension is well balanced, NVH is fantastic, the D mode does the job well in most conditions and the car masks the speed very well. Surprisingly, under very heavy foot the D mode is only happy to hold on a gear till redline. Went for a 20 km roundtrip on the NH just now where I maintained light footed 70-80 speeds (I mostly drive sedately only)- average mileage shown was 17 plus.

Going for a 200 km roundtrip tomorrow and hopefully I'd be able to confirm on mileage numbers under more practical conditions.

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-img20171208wa0022.jpg
xjosephjacob is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 8th December 2017, 22:24   #1454
BHPian

I am getting this type of number plate from my dealer. Is it has approved font and format?
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-img20171207wa0001.jpg  

Old 8th December 2017, 22:44   #1455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay89 View Post
Is the car auto locking while the car hits a certain speed, mine is not, saw a few posts saying the same, tried a setting from the MID, no use it still doesn't auto lock, new owners pls throw some light!!
It doesn’t you’ll have to lock the doors manually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjosephjacob View Post
Took delivery of Trend + AT today evening. Initial driving impressions are positive. Suspension is well balanced, NVH is fantastic, the D mode does the job well in most conditions and the car masks the speed very well. Surprisingly, under very heavy foot the D mode is only happy to hold on a gear till redline. Went for a 20 km roundtrip on the NH just now where I maintained light footed 70-80 speeds (I mostly drive sedately only)- average mileage shown was 17 plus.
Congratulations, wish you happy ownership with the car. You summarised the gearbox perfectly.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks