Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2017, 16:51   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Mod Note: Our EcoSport Facelift Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Ford EcoSport face lift spied testing in India, speculating an Sept-Oct-17 launch

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-2017fordecosportfaceliftrearthreequarterspiedinindiaforthefirsttime.jpg

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-34140601120_df062734ff_b.jpg

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-34396221851_873c389599_b.jpg

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-.jpg

Link

Last edited by GTO : 16th January 2018 at 11:52. Reason: Link to review :)
volkman10 is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 8th May 2017, 16:52   #2
BANNED

Re: Ford EcoSport facelift launched at Rs. 6.79 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Ford EcoSport face lift spied testing in India,

Attachment 1637099
Great catch. Can even see the new design of the spare wheel cover in the car in front, I like the new stylish design better.
Old 8th May 2017, 18:52   #3

I hope we get the new interiors with Sync 3. I hate the button overload in the current Ecosport. From the video, if you look closely, the leading car is having a covered dashboard with a protrusion in the middle which looks like the screen. I hope I'm not just seeing things. It might very well be some testing equipment too. But then, why cover it.

Exterior changes are much more subtle I feel - new grille, bumpers and lights - standard fare for a facelift.

Last edited by ashwinsadeep : 8th May 2017 at 19:11.
Old 8th May 2017, 21:09   #4
BHPian

Looks like very subtle changes, except, maybe, the Sync 3- if that makes it to production. I would have loved to see some surprise new variant- a top and mid spec 1.0L Ecoboost + AT versions maybe? But Ford's management has always been low-risk, conservative- so I doubt it.
I hope they don't "soften" the suspension though, hearing the occasional rant from customer. Once I got used to the well-tuned ride dynamics, I don't even like seating in any other car short of the Jetta. It just needs some getting used to, that's all.
Contrapunto is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2017, 08:00   #5
Senior - BHPian

Looks like that blue one is the new Titanium+ variant. Projector headlights​, 17" alloys (gulp!) and a better looking rear wiper can be seen.

Ford should have given it frameless wipers for the front too like in the Fiesta.

Hopefully, we will get an AWD also soon.
deetjohn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th May 2017, 08:56   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Looks like that blue one is the new Titanium+ variant.
Ford should have given it frameless wipers for the front too like in the Fiesta.

Hopefully, we will get an AWD also soon.
Frameless wipers are available for EcoSport, if you like it you can get them from open market. I got them for Euro 34 from Germany (set of 3). I checked they are available in India through Aliexpress and Bosch, could be even cheaper.
Old 9th May 2017, 09:04   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
Frameless wipers are available for EcoSport, if you like it you can get them from open market.
We got a Fiesta, so I have them stock already.

Frameless wipers on standard arms look really awkward. The arms don't sit parallel and snug on the windshield like it does when it comes stock.

And EcoSport/ Fiesta needs it badly due to the way the wiper sits on the windshield.
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2017, 09:26   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ford EcoSport face lift spied testing in India
That's a nice catch. The wheels on the blue EcoSport looks absolutely gorgeous. As much as I think these won't make it to India, I wish Ford proves me wrong and offer these for the Indian market.

Ford seems to be going in the right direction as far as the EcoSport is concerned. Four years after it's launch, the EcoSport is still the best-looking compact crossover out there in my opinion. The Vitara Brezza looks decent but there is nothing that warrants a second look unless it's the dual-tone variant. The TUV3OO is a hit or a miss, mostly the latter. That speaks volumes about the futuristic design the EcoSport came with at launch in 2013.

The interiors need a complete revamp though and that's precisely what Ford has in store for us. I love the new-look of the cabin and the touchscreen's placement which looks as if its stuck on.

It will never sell as much as the Vitara Brezza but if this facelift helps sustain EcoSport's sales at the current levels for the next couple of years, that's still a success for Ford.
arvi86 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2017, 11:58   #9
BHPian

I can hope and pray furiously that Ford India decides to introduce automatic version for the EcoBoost engine. Having just manual, and not even top end features/enhancements for the automatic model right now sucks!

Ford, please, let us choose, give us some legit choice. Let us pay you more.
Vish_Janu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2017, 12:32   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Did Ford finally move the hatch handle to the left side and the hinges to the right? More sense in Indian context. If so kudos to Ford India

Cheers!

Vinu
myavu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th May 2017, 13:18   #11
Senior - BHPian

To stay meaningful, Ford will have to outdo the competition. There is a lot desired from the car though being a sub-4 meter segment player; it still gets pitted against Brezza as well as Creta.

- Revamp of interiors (Arm rest in rear seat, recline of rear seat - if space permits)
- In car entertainment with mirror link, apple play, GPS, reverse camera etc. A friend in Europe got a reverse camera installed in the empty hole of spare tire (the 4th hole, and it gives fantastic rear view, not sure why it is not available / tried out in India, seems we like covered spare wheel leaving aside this possibility
- Auto dimming IRVM
- Heated External RVM
- Turbo-petrol with DCT (something that they are doing for international markets); and most certainly DCT should be made available in top trim

And may be in all my wisdom

- All wheel drive (which is again available internationally)

.... and the Ford is taking competition head on again !

Last edited by i74js : 9th May 2017 at 13:23.
i74js is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2017, 16:56   #12
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Mod Note: 2017 EcoSport Facelift posts moved to a new thread!
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th May 2017, 00:03   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Did Ford finally move the hatch handle to the left side and the hinges to the right?
No such luck.

It continues to remain on the right, as per this latest close-up shot of the EcoSport facelift's rear by an IAB reader.

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-iabreaderspotsthe2017fordecosportrearontest.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th May 2017, 15:45   #14
BHPian

Hello Friends, is it good time to book ecosport now or is it worth a wait for refreshed model? Any idea how long the wait could be for new one?
Old 13th May 2017, 16:19   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledBratt View Post
Hello Friends, is it good time to book ecosport now or is it worth a wait for refreshed model? Any idea how long the wait could be for new one?

Hi, it surely depends on your need. I just booked an Ecosport trend + and taking the delivery tomorrow. My SA said the new car is expected in India only by next July, since Ford always launches cars in July (seemed wired logic). He might be saying that to ensure I don't walk away although this discussion happened way later in my booking process so not very sure.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed