Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2017, 19:18   #166
Senior - BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Just read on Rushlane that it gets a 10 speaker Bang and Olufsen music system. Wow!
Wonder if this is correct.
wilful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2017, 20:04   #167
BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
Any information from your sources regarding retuning of suspension for better compliant ride on bad roads?

I love Ecosport for what it offers and really looking forward to the updated version with interior changes. I liked it's high speed ride quality but at low speeds or on bad roads it feels stiff and creates a loud crashing sound in deep potholes or sharp speed breakers, I would love to have that muted thud in updated Ecosport without compromising on high speed ride and handling.

Thanks for sharing all the information on upcoming Ecosport.
Sorry Varun, no info regarding that

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Just read on Rushlane that it gets a 10 speaker Bang and Olufsen music system. Wow!
Wonder if this is correct.
I wouldn't bet on that. They have probably copy-pasted specs for US launch which has been around for a while. I would rather bet on a Sony music system, which is the same for the brazilian model.
Vish_Janu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2017, 15:07   #168
BHPian

Another baseless report for Ecosport launch from Financial Express where they claim

1) Dragon engine will produce 100 hp, not 120 hp

2) New ES will cost a lakh more

http://www.financialexpress.com/auto...season/798476/
Old 10th August 2017, 07:05   #169
Senior - BHPian

More spy-shots emerge and the car has now completely shed its camouflage! That would mean just one thing - we are getting closer to launch.

When the face-lifted EcoSport's pic first emerged (that blurred pic in Mars Red), I didn't quite like it. But in these pics, the car suddenly looks good. Maybe the sober colours are the reason or I have just gotten used to the new face.
  • The revised fascia will split opinions, no doubt. I know people who like the new Kuga-inspired face and those who prefer the current EcoSport's funky front end.
  • The fog lamps appear to be slightly bigger than what they should have been.
  • The black Titanium variant sports the new 16-inch alloy wheels while the silver Trend wears the new wheel caps. Don't the current alloys and wheel caps look better?
  • With a thoroughly-updated fascia and interiors being part of the facelift, why did Ford leave out the profile and rear? Some subtle changes would have definitely helped the cause.
  • There are no TDCi badges on any of the test mules. So, its the new 'Dragon' petrol engine that's probably being tested.

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-201708_ford-ecosport-facelift-2.jpg
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-201708_ford-ecosport-facelift-3.jpg
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-201708_ford-ecosport-facelift-5.jpg
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-201708_ford-ecosport-facelift-6.jpg

Source: Anything-On-Wheels
arvi86 is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 10th August 2017, 18:59   #170
BHPian

As usual, the Sea grey looks better. Should look bigger when you see them in ORVM.
Old 10th August 2017, 20:53   #171
BHPian

The tailgate mounted spare wheel adds that SUV character when viewed from rear. In a cut throat segment like this every little detail factor matters. I like the new face of the Ecosport, not that the older one looked bad just that the new looks more aggressive.
needforspeed88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2017, 22:13   #172
Senior - BHPian

That's a neat upgrade and a significant one. While the sales figure will continue to tell a different story, Ecosport should be a clear winner in the class. Powerful engine, fun to drive, feature rich, more safety kit and icing on cake-it is the cheapest to maintain. BTW Ecosport has huge demand in used car market.
PrideRed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th August 2017, 01:06   #173
Team-BHP Support

If mid-variant Petrol is decently specced (dual airbags, ABS, basic creature comforts with no glaring misses) and priced ~10L OTR (Trend 1.5P is ~9.5L OTR now, Trend+ Ecoboost ~10.3L), i'll be very interested.
Old 11th August 2017, 15:38   #174
Senior - BHPian

Another test mule report from Cartrade for EcoSport ST.

https://www.cartrade.com/car-bike-ne...st-134883.html

-Ravi

Last edited by ravib : 11th August 2017 at 15:39.
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2017, 15:51   #175
BHPian

I was accompanying a friend to Fortune Ford here at Hyderabad today for the Ford Aspire test drive. I happened to enquire about Ford's plans of launching the new Ecosport out of curiosity. The response I got from the sales executive was disheartening. He was sure Ford is only going to launch Ecosport by July next year. Unconvinced, I thought of checking with his superiors. Got the same reply!

Apparently, they have had some dealership meet with Ford executives and the same was confirmed. I don't know how true this is, but if it's true, I must say that it's another lost opportunity for Ford, with Tata Nexon launch just around the corner.
Old 13th August 2017, 01:54   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasJager View Post
I was accompanying a friend to Fortune Ford here at Hyderabad today for the Ford Aspire test drive. I happened to enquire about Ford's plans of launching the new Ecosport out of curiosity. The response I got from the sales executive was disheartening. He was sure Ford is only going to launch Ecosport by July next year. Unconvinced, I thought of checking with his superiors. Got the same reply!

Apparently, they have had some dealership meet with Ford executives and the same was confirmed. I don't know how true this is, but if it's true, I must say that it's another lost opportunity for Ford, with Tata Nexon launch just around the corner.
Old tactic by dealers to finish off their remaining stock.

Worry not DasJager, it is coming very soon
Vish_Janu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2017, 03:24   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
[list]
[*] With a thoroughly-updated fascia and interiors being part of the facelift, why did Ford leave out the profile and rear? Some subtle changes would have definitely helped the cause.
There are just 4 major exterior changes:
1. The front bumper and grill
2. Healight get a new internal design.
3. New Fog lamps.
4. Hood Bulge.

The current owners just have to replace the front bumper, front grill and fog lamp assembly to sport the new look, which should be fairly easy and thats about the 90% of the exterior update the facelift is getting.

Last edited by wrongturn : 13th August 2017 at 03:26.
Old 13th August 2017, 07:24   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Another test mule report from Cartrade for EcoSport ST.

https://www.cartrade.com/car-bike-ne...st-134883.html

-Ravi
Now this is a very interesting report. If this ST variant they are speculating about is indeed offered (as an option) in India, while it may not rake in volumes, would kindle a lot of interest and talk about the car. It talks about a DCT and possibly an AWD mated to the potent new engine, with a tweaked suspension set up for improved handling.
Just for once if only a carmaker would surprise us by offering their true international top of the line variant in India without dilutions...
(Ford!! C'mon! This is an opportunity to create shock and awe in the Indian market.)

Last edited by wilful : 13th August 2017 at 07:39. Reason: Lines added
Old 13th August 2017, 08:33   #179
BHPian

OT, Ford should get back to doing what they do best, making driver oriented cars. Their wanting to "play safe" resulted in some "neither here nor there" products like the Figo and Aspire.

There was another thread running here regarding the cars from yesteryears which we want to bring back. I would say Ford should bring back their original Josh Machine in its spirit, we so desperately need a sporty no nonsense mid size sedan

Ecosport S/ST would be a good addition if it can do justice to that badge.

Last edited by octane_100 : 13th August 2017 at 08:34. Reason: typo
Old 13th August 2017, 08:57   #180
Senior - BHPian

That ST was spied outside India and I doubt whether we will get it here. People rue the stiff ride of the current EcoSport already over here.

The biggest feature will be the touchscreen. It looks brilliant from those Brazilian reviews and that's how our market is wired.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks