Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2018, 12:19   #1606
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

My SA has advised to use Shell diesel for the first few fuel refills. I plan to use Shell till at least the first servicing.
nikhil_d1106 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2018, 13:23   #1607
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs

At around 11 lakh and 13 lakh OTR for the Trend+ and Titanium+ ATs, Ford EcoSport is by far the cheapest and the most VFM petrol automatic compact SUV available at the moment. Nexon's AMT launch would make things more interesting though.

@ Mods, awaiting your official review of the New EcoSport. Hope the ride is a lot more compliant now as compared to the outgoing version.
nikipedia87 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2018, 13:53   #1608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikipedia87 View Post
At around 11 lakh and 13 lakh OTR for the Trend+ and Titanium+ ATs, Ford EcoSport is by far the cheapest and the most VFM petrol automatic compact SUV available at the moment. Nexon's AMT launch would make things more interesting though.

@ Mods, awaiting your official review of the New EcoSport. Hope the ride is a lot more compliant now as compared to the outgoing version.
True to that, infact the Trend+ AT has all standard and additional features one needs in their daily runs. The Titanium+ does have loads of features but those IMHO more of desirable and hence a premium cost over it.

The Trend+ AT is the VFM variant of the Ecosport AT.

P.S. The other car I checked out - The Honda BR-V AT which costs around 14L and still completely bland from inside compared to the Ecosport
rudrah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2018, 14:03   #1609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
True to that, infact the Trend+ AT has all standard and additional features one needs in their daily runs. The Titanium+ does have loads of features but those IMHO more of desirable and hence a premium cost over it.

The Trend+ AT is the VFM variant of the Ecosport AT.

+1. If one were to look out for the VFM variant between the two, Trend+ it is.

In addition to all the points you have mentioned, I guess the relatively higher profile tyres on the Trend+ will also aid ride quality as compared to the ones on the Titanium+. So yes, Trend+ has all the features that one would ideally need, at a reasonable price.

Quote:
P.S. The other car I checked out - The Honda BR-V AT which costs around 14L and still completely bland from inside compared to the Ecosport
The Honda BR-V CVT costs 15 lakh on road in Bangalore . Thats a good 50k more than the corresponding CVT model of the City, which is leagues ahead in terms of features. Even the new Honda BR-V ad on TV seems to focus only on the fact that it has 3 rows of seats .
nikipedia87 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2018, 14:16   #1610
BHPian

Does anybody over here has any information regarding the latest price hike for the new Ford EcoSport?

Not sure if the dealerships have started publishing the revised set of prices.

SA at Ford Elite, does not seem to have any clue about the price hike.

Since I have already booked mine and expecting delivery in late Jan, it would be good to know the same.
Old 2nd January 2018, 14:39   #1611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinbindra View Post
Does anybody over here has any information regarding the latest price hike for the new Ford EcoSport?

Since I have already booked mine and expecting delivery in late Jan, it would be good to know the same.
As per the update received from the SA @ Cauvery Ford who is handling my booking, new pricing will be announced to the dealers on 4th Jan and he said he will share the price by 5th morning.
DragonHawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2018, 16:48   #1612
BHPian

Quote:

I was told if the price hike happens before your car is allotted then it would be applicable else they can holdback the price change for you if you do the full payment after the car is allotted.
Old 2nd January 2018, 19:31   #1613
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was told if the price hike happens before your car is allotted then it would be applicable else they can holdback the price change for you if you do the full payment after the car is allotted.
This is correct.

Quote:

Yes, there are reliable sources to confirm the price increase is expected starting January 2018 upto 4% across all ford models. We should get to know details by end of this week. Let's wait and see. As another bhpian mentioned, the most impacteed variant is going to be Titanium Diesel which may breach 10 lacs mark attracting cess and additional road tax

-Ravi
Old 2nd January 2018, 19:37   #1614
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Price, at the time of delivery, is applicable. It would depend solely on your relationship with the SA if he honors the pre-hike price if delivery is taken after.
Old 2nd January 2018, 19:41   #1615
BHPian

Hi folks, I have observed that the fade/balance adjustment in my ICE goes back to default setting whenever the car is turned off and on the next time. I have consciously checked this at least 4-5 times and found that it's going back to the default. Did anyone face this issue? Any possible solution to it?
Old 2nd January 2018, 19:57   #1616
BHPian

Drove my Ecosport T+ 600KMs, I am using Shell Diesel in my car and my observations are -

- Gear shifting is smoother now.
- Pickup is very good, overtake is very easy.
- Very low engine noise inside cabin and that too goes away when you put low volume music.
- Sound quality is good (not very good or excellent) for Driver and Co-passenger but not good enough for back seat passengers.
- Clutch is too long and I hate this.
- Driving seat position is excellent and you get commanding view. Holding Steering wheel gives you great feeling and you can handle it using single hand easily.
manish_symc is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2018, 20:07   #1617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish_symc View Post
Drove my Ecosport T+ 600KMs, I am using Shell Diesel in my car and my observations are -

- Gear shifting is smoother now.
- Pickup is very good, overtake is very easy.
- Very low engine noise inside cabin and that too goes away when you put low volume music.
- Sound quality is good (not very good or excellent) for Driver and Co-passenger but not good enough for back seat passengers.
- Clutch is too long and I hate this.
- Driving seat position is excellent and you get commanding view. Holding Steering wheel gives you great feeling and you can handle it using single hand easily.
Great to know. Standard question to ask after your long drive
How much was the fuel efficiency you got in highways after your 600 kms drive and in city traffic?

-Ravi
Old 2nd January 2018, 22:17   #1618
BHPian

Ford shipped total 7,777 units in Nov-17 across all their models of which 5,474 were Ecosport. In Dec-17 they shipped 5,087 units across all their models which is a big surprise as I was expecting them to match Nov-17 numbers.

Don't have separate Ecosport numbers for Dec-17 but I don't think it will be more than 4,000 units. If there is indeed a 2-3 months waiting period, why would they slowdown their production?

And if there is No waiting period which means lower sales for Ecosport than anticipated, why will Ford want to increase the price now? I hope they defer price increase for at least 3 months.
Old 2nd January 2018, 23:11   #1619
VEA
BHPian

Requesting the owners of facelifted Petrol ATs to post thier fuel consumption figures here. How much does it consume with 100% city usage? What is the worst you have seen for a tankfull?
VEA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2018, 23:47   #1620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Great to know. Standard question to ask after your long drive
How much was the fuel efficiency you got in highways after your 600 kms drive and in city traffic?

-Ravi
Sorry for any confusion here. I completed those 600Kms in last 15 days.
I did not get chance to calculate fuel efficiency. but now couple of days back I did full tank and will calculate it once I drive 300-400 more Kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Ford shipped total 7,777 units in Nov-17 across all their models of which 5,474 were Ecosport. In Dec-17 they shipped 5,087 units across all their models which is a big surprise as I was expecting them to match Nov-17 numbers.

Don't have separate Ecosport numbers for Dec-17 but I don't think it will be more than 4,000 units. If there is indeed a 2-3 months waiting period, why would they slowdown their production?

And if there is No waiting period which means lower sales for Ecosport than anticipated, why will Ford want to increase the price now? I hope they defer price increase for at least 3 months.
May be in Dec'17 Ford focused on exporting new Ecosport to other countries and that can be the reason of low sell in India.
manish_symc is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks