Team-BHP - The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/186773-2017-ford-ecosport-facelift-caught-testing-india-edit-now-launched-rs-7-31-lakhs.html)

Mod Note: Our EcoSport Facelift Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Ford EcoSport face lift spied testing in India, speculating an Sept-Oct-17 launch

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-2017fordecosportfaceliftrearthreequarterspiedinindiaforthefirsttime.jpg

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-34140601120_df062734ff_b.jpg

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-34396221851_873c389599_b.jpg

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz_484t7wIc

Link

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 4195135)
Ford EcoSport face lift spied testing in India,

Attachment 1637099

Great catch. Can even see the new design of the spare wheel cover in the car in front, I like the new stylish design better.

I hope we get the new interiors with Sync 3. I hate the button overload in the current Ecosport. From the video, if you look closely, the leading car is having a covered dashboard with a protrusion in the middle which looks like the screen. I hope I'm not just seeing things. It might very well be some testing equipment too. But then, why cover it.

Exterior changes are much more subtle I feel - new grille, bumpers and lights - standard fare for a facelift.

Looks like very subtle changes, except, maybe, the Sync 3- if that makes it to production. I would have loved to see some surprise new variant- a top and mid spec 1.0L Ecoboost + AT versions maybe? But Ford's management has always been low-risk, conservative- so I doubt it.
I hope they don't "soften" the suspension though, hearing the occasional rant from customer. Once I got used to the well-tuned ride dynamics, I don't even like seating in any other car short of the Jetta. It just needs some getting used to, that's all.

Looks like that blue one is the new Titanium+ variant. Projector headlights​, 17" alloys (gulp!) and a better looking rear wiper can be seen.

Ford should have given it frameless wipers for the front too like in the Fiesta.

Hopefully, we will get an AWD also soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deetjohn (Post 4195358)
Looks like that blue one is the new Titanium+ variant.
Ford should have given it frameless wipers for the front too like in the Fiesta.

Hopefully, we will get an AWD also soon.

Frameless wipers are available for EcoSport, if you like it you can get them from open market. I got them for Euro 34 from Germany (set of 3). I checked they are available in India through Aliexpress and Bosch, could be even cheaper.

Quote:

Originally Posted by i74js (Post 4195377)
Frameless wipers are available for EcoSport, if you like it you can get them from open market.

We got a Fiesta, so I have them stock already. :)

Frameless wipers on standard arms look really awkward. The arms don't sit parallel and snug on the windshield like it does when it comes stock.

And EcoSport/ Fiesta needs it badly due to the way the wiper sits on the windshield.

Quote:

Ford EcoSport face lift spied testing in India

That's a nice catch. The wheels on the blue EcoSport looks absolutely gorgeous. As much as I think these won't make it to India, I wish Ford proves me wrong and offer these for the Indian market.

Ford seems to be going in the right direction as far as the EcoSport is concerned. Four years after it's launch, the EcoSport is still the best-looking compact crossover out there in my opinion. The Vitara Brezza looks decent but there is nothing that warrants a second look unless it's the dual-tone variant. The TUV3OO is a hit or a miss, mostly the latter. That speaks volumes about the futuristic design the EcoSport came with at launch in 2013.

The interiors need a complete revamp though and that's precisely what Ford has in store for us. I love the new-look of the cabin and the touchscreen's placement which looks as if its stuck on.

It will never sell as much as the Vitara Brezza but if this facelift helps sustain EcoSport's sales at the current levels for the next couple of years, that's still a success for Ford.

I can hope and pray furiously that Ford India decides to introduce automatic version for the EcoBoost engine. Having just manual, and not even top end features/enhancements for the automatic model right now sucks!

Ford, please, let us choose, give us some legit choice. Let us pay you more.

Quote:

Did Ford finally move the hatch handle to the left side and the hinges to the right? More sense in Indian context. If so kudos to Ford India clap:

Cheers!

Vinu

To stay meaningful, Ford will have to outdo the competition. There is a lot desired from the car though being a sub-4 meter segment player; it still gets pitted against Brezza as well as Creta.

- Revamp of interiors (Arm rest in rear seat, recline of rear seat - if space permits)
- In car entertainment with mirror link, apple play, GPS, reverse camera etc. A friend in Europe got a reverse camera installed in the empty hole of spare tire (the 4th hole, and it gives fantastic rear view, not sure why it is not available / tried out in India, seems we like covered spare wheel leaving aside this possibility
- Auto dimming IRVM
- Heated External RVM
- Turbo-petrol with DCT (something that they are doing for international markets); and most certainly DCT should be made available in top trim

And may be in all my wisdom

- All wheel drive (which is again available internationally)

.... and the Ford is taking competition head on again !

Mod Note: 2017 EcoSport Facelift posts moved to a new thread!

Quote:

Originally Posted by myavu (Post 4195534)
Did Ford finally move the hatch handle to the left side and the hinges to the right?

No such luck.

It continues to remain on the right, as per this latest close-up shot of the EcoSport facelift's rear by an IAB reader.

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-iabreaderspotsthe2017fordecosportrearontest.jpg

Hello Friends, is it good time to book ecosport now or is it worth a wait for refreshed model? Any idea how long the wait could be for new one?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpoiledBratt (Post 4197829)
Hello Friends, is it good time to book ecosport now or is it worth a wait for refreshed model? Any idea how long the wait could be for new one?

Hi, it surely depends on your need. I just booked an Ecosport trend + and taking the delivery tomorrow. My SA said the new car is expected in India only by next July, since Ford always launches cars in July (seemed wired logic). He might be saying that to ensure I don't walk away although this discussion happened way later in my booking process so not very sure.