Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2017, 22:17   #31
BHPian

Re: BMW silently launches the 330i, priced from Rs. 42.4 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirav View Post
Just got a call from Navneet Motors here in Bangalore reg the 330i. Post-GST pricing on Sportline is 52.4 approx and on M Sport is 55 approx (both on road). Im wondering if they will discount this further in your opinion guys? Wasnt quite the price drop that I had expected.
If you are able to stretch over 50L, you should consider the new 530i sportline. It's totally packed with kit.
ac-cobra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2017, 23:16   #32
BANNED

The discount on 330i is a minimum of 4.5 lacs. A BMW SA had a whole pdf of the discounts they can give (without negotiations)
Old 29th July 2017, 16:04   #33
Senior - BHPian

One of my friend is looking at purchase of the 330i M Sport here in Chennai.

What are final discounts that are being offered around other regions for this car?

Anybody who has bought one recently?
Old 5th August 2017, 22:24   #34
BHPian

Went to the BMW showroom in Bangalore asking for the 330i. They don't have any for test drive! And the sales guy tells me they have not delivered even 1 330i in Bangalore! The discounts are 5L for now and he said he will come back to me in Oct with a better deal when I told him I'm gonna buy it for Diwali!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 6th August 2017 at 15:04. Reason: Typos. Please proof read your posts before submitting. Thanks!
vijayvb is offline   Received Infraction
Old 6th August 2017, 08:39   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayvb View Post
Went to the bmw showroom in bangalore asking for the 330i. They dont have any for test drive! And the sales guy tells me they have not delivered even 1 330i in bangalore!! The discounts are 5l for now and he said he will come back to me in oct with a better deal when i told him im gonna buy it for diwali!
No surprises there, Bangalore is a diesel market, the depreciation on a petrol along with its horrible fuel economy will keep most people away. The dealer wouldn't bother stocking the variant, for most people, the fuel economy possible with the performance is the appeal of the 3 series. The petrol is nice for bragging rights.
Old 6th August 2017, 11:12   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone considering a high end Diesel car investment at this point in time should take a broader look at what is happening around the globe. I had spent a week in Europe last week and there is a state of meltdown that the Diesel car market seems to be going through. Customers feel completely deceived by the collusion and bad ethical practices of the big 3 German companies (Diamler/VW/BMW) over diesel cars. Beyond the original diesel-gate scandal, lots more skeletons are falling out of the cupboards on the ills of Diesel and how cleverly the industry had concealed these for the last 15 years. The general consensus is that Diesel will be dead in the near future as a passenger car fuel.

Most people I spoke to said they were really upset about "living in a cave" built by the big-3 companies. Most said the software solutions offered by VW will not be good enough to deliver the minimum emission standards, fuel economy and performance needed in real life, and the cars may need to be scrapped. Many said their next car will be petrol and some had already switched. My colleague just bought a brand new Passat powered by the 1.4 TSI engine and was singing praises of the smoothness and punch such a small engine delivered. He had been a lifelong Diesel fan and owned many Diesel cars and felt he had been brain washed by the propaganda machine of the car manufacturers and had he known what modern Petrols can deliver and how much damaging Diesels can be on the environment (for example, generating up to 40 times of allowed NOX emission levels in real life), he would never have bought a Diesell car.

Governments are actively moving to disincentivize or ban Diesels altogether especially those cars older than 10 years. I think India will not be far behind given the levels of pollution in our cities. So investing a big amount on a Diesel car at this time may not be such a great idea.

Some interesting reading on the topic from New York Times.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/25/b...-mercedes.html

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 6th August 2017 at 11:23.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2017, 15:19   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Agree, Indian regulators are no longer 20 years behind the West, I foresee diesel being banned for personal LMVs in polluted urban clusters like NCR, BLR, CCU etc.

Petrol (especially the high tech turbo petrols / boosterjets) are the way forward.
Old 7th August 2017, 09:23   #38
BHPian

^ I agree with the above. One of the major contributors of PM 2.5 which is the key lung disease-causing pollutants in Delhi is from Diesel engines. So it's good to know that BMW has good petrols across its range, more so than other manufacturers.

Now anyone planning to make a big investment in a diesel car with a view of keeping it for 5 years should reconsider that the resale value will be much lower than they are expecting in view of diesel regulations undergoing a drastic change. In fact, I would say that in most likelihood anyone planning an expensive fuel-powered car should consider that this might be the last combustion engine car they will buy and in 5 years the Indian luxury market will be flooded with Teslas and the likes.

Last edited by Aditya : 7th August 2017 at 18:00. Reason: Typos
ac-cobra is offline   Received Infraction
Old 2nd November 2017, 16:22   #39

Wow! I was so waiting for this engine in 3 series. Since, I did not see this in the horizon, when I sold my 325i, I bought a 520D 2017 LCI M Sport. There was hardly a difference of 5L between 320D M Sport and 520D M Sport. So, going for 5 Series was no brainer. Although, if 330i was available back then, then I would not have taken the 5er even at 5L difference!
Old 19th May 2018, 17:21   #40
Senior - BHPian

Current ex showroom on this is 47.xx and there's a discount of 5L.

Based on what one specific dealership informed me, there only 1 piece in blue, that too at the plant. Any other color entails a waiting period of a few months.

On the 530i, nothing even at the plant. Waiting period a few months. Discount of 4L.
Old 19th November 2018, 14:05   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Bangalore doesn't even have a 330i for show much less a demo vehicle! Dealers are asking prospective buyers to drive the 320D and form their own opinions :-(
Old 19th November 2018, 14:16   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Bangalore doesn't even have a 330i for show much less a demo vehicle! Dealers are asking prospective buyers to drive the 320D and form their own opinions :-(
They actually want to test whether you qualify to own a 330i or not. Drive the 320D, ignore the engine, focus on ride and handling, space, interior quality etc...Then drive the 530i, focus on only the engine ad GB, don't get distracted by anything else. Then use your imagination on how the two would add up. Come on, you are a senior BHPian!

That's what I did, when I bought the X3 30d. TD'ed the X3 and X5 and used my car judging abilities to the max
Santoshbhat is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th November 2018, 14:40   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Then use your imagination ... you are a senior BHPian!
Make sure you strictly do not have the budget for 530i when you attempt this. Potential risk for being a senior BHPian
androdev is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2018, 14:49   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

The 530i is currently selling in Mumbai at 43L ex-showroom. Great price considering it’s almost the full price of the 330i
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2018, 14:56   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
The 530i is currently selling in Mumbai at 43L ex-showroom. Great price considering it’s almost the full price of the 330i

I have been looking to buy the 330i.
Do you mean 330i is selling at 43 on-road? Or may be I misunderstood your post.

Most Viewed