Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2017, 15:37   #1
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Maruti Celerio facelift in the pipeline

As per recent media reports, Maruti Suzuki is working on a mid-life update for the Celerio hatchback. The said facelift is expected to be launched in India by the end of this financial year.

Details about the changes expected on the Maruti Celerio facelift are scarce at the moment. However, since it would be a mid-life update, the Celerio facelift will likely get some cosmetic and feature related updates. Meanwhile, the facelifted model is expected to continue to be powered by a 1.0-litre, three-cylinder petrol engine that churns out 67 BHP and 90 Nm of torque. The 5-speed manual and AMT transmission options on offer are also expected to remain unchanged.

Maruti Suzuki had launched the Celerio in India in 2014 with a petrol engine and 5-speed manual & AMT transmissions. A diesel engine option was introduced in 2015, but was later discontinued due to poor demand. Maruti currently sells more than 8,000 units of the Celerio every month. However, the hatchback is now facing stiff competition, especially after the launch of the Tata Tiago. As a result, the facelift will likely help Maruti to freshen the Celerio's package and maintain its sales records.

Source: Autocar India

Last edited by dZired : 22nd May 2017 at 15:38.
dZired is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2017, 16:04   #2
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Maruti Celerio facelift in the pipeline

It is nothing but a grill update and a body kit addition similar to the international model.
Carma2017 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2017, 16:12   #3
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
As per recent media reports, Maruti Suzuki is working on a mid-life update for the Celerio hatchback.
No offence to anyone, but the current Celerio is one of the most uninspiring cars in the Maruti line-up, IMO. Even if it sells 8k per month, it pales in front of the competition like Tiago in terms of looks. Even the Eeco looks better than this.

Maruti has to completely replace this one with a new model - may be, with the Japanese Alto?

Image source: paultan
Attached Thumbnails
Rumour: Maruti Celerio facelift in the pipeline-suzukiworksaltotms14.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 23rd May 2017 at 10:29. Reason: Poorly typed post
romeomidhun is offline   (4) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 23rd May 2017, 08:58   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

I will put my bets on just a cosmetic change, and they wont go beyond new bumpers, grill, and a new interior scheme if at all. The top end Celerio is already pretty much loaded and the only possiblity is of the smartplay system since the Kwid, Tiago offers them. Apart from that, I would also love some new colour options since currently there are only safe colours and even the Yellow and Black options are gone.

Most importantly, I hope they will fix the transmission issue at least with the facelift version.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2017, 10:33   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hmmm, 3 years is about the right time for a facelift. Hope Maruti don't make it uglier though - the Celerio has a very simple design & they shouldn't mess it up. Just small enhancements should be enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Even if it sells 8k per month, it pales in front of the competition like Tiago in terms of looks.
A lot of folk like their designs clean & traditional.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2017, 11:41   #6
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 24th May 2017 at 09:32.
manaljain is offline   Received Infraction
Old 23rd May 2017, 12:03   #7
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Celerio has a very simple design & they shouldn't mess it up. Just small enhancements should be enough.

A lot of folk like their designs clean & traditional.
Agree that the Celerio's design is simple. What I am saying is, not many people will buy it for its looks. They find value in the car, make sure it doesn't offend anyone, so will go ahead and buy. That is not the case with, say, Tigor / Kwid / Swift / Punto / i20 / Brezza / Creta etc. There are people who buy these cars just because of its looks. Value comes next for them.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 07:03   #8
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Celerio Facelift Spotted

Rumour: Maruti Celerio facelift in the pipeline-marutisuzukiceleriofaceliftindialaunchdatepricespecsenginefeaturesinterior.jpg

Changes I can notice are

1. New Grill, earlier 2 slats of chrome are missing.
2. Slightly Different Bumper
3. Different Radiator Grill
CarguyNish is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 11:43   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Maruti Celerio Facelift Spotted

Attachment 1682098

Changes I can notice are

1. New Grill, earlier 2 slats of chrome are missing.
2. Slightly Different Bumper
3. Different Radiator Grill
That bumper looks so better than the design on the X version. Like I had guessed earlier, the facelift will remain limited to some cosmetic upgrades here and there. But one thing that strikes me here is that in both the facelifted Celerio and the X version, there is a protrusion in the front bumper which looks seemingly unusual. I suppose they have revised the structure in the front to comply with the new crash safety norms in India? The front bumper I guess is swollen up to comply with pedestrian impact protection laws. The current celerio does not have this and the bumper is inline with the rest of the front body.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2017, 20:19   #10
Senior - BHPian

Celerio Facelift Launched at Rs. 4.15 lakh.

Source : For Article and Image.

Article:
Quote:
Maruti has launched a facelift of its Celerio hatchback with prices ranging from Rs 4.15 lakh for the base LXi trim to Rs 5.34 lakh for the top-spec ZXi (O) with the automated manual transmission.

The Celerio facelift comes with tweaked front and rear bumpers, a new grille with chrome garnish on top and new fog lamp bezels. The profile of the new hatchback is similar to the previous Celerio and even the alloy wheels are the same.

On the inside, ... However, Maruti has not added a touchscreen infotainment system, a most sought after feature, to the facelift.

In terms of safety equipment, all 12 variants get driver’s side airbag and a driver’s side seat belt warning feature as standard. A front passenger airbag and ABS are optional extras across the range. Maruti has also upgraded the Celerio to meet the upcoming Indian safety norms in terms of pedestrian, offset and side impact regulations.

Under the bonnet, the facelifted Celerio continues with the same .. AMT gearbox.
Updated Official Brochure attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Rumour: Maruti Celerio facelift in the pipeline-celerio-facelift.jpg  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf CelerioBrochure.pdf (3.91 MB, 379 views)

Last edited by aaggoswami : 5th October 2017 at 20:22.
aaggoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2017, 20:43   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like my guess was right, this facelift is mainly for compliance with the Bharat NCAP. The protrusions on the front and rear bumper will hold additional crumple zones and energy dissipating members. But the lower lip of the rear hatch looks horrible, and will lose shape in small rear endings.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 06:29   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Looks like my guess was right, this facelift is mainly for compliance with the Bharat NCAP. The protrusions on the front and rear bumper will hold additional crumple zones and energy dissipating members. But the lower lip of the rear hatch looks horrible, and will lose shape in small rear endings.
The protrusions are I guess more to do with Pedestrian protection at the front and rear impact protection at the rear.
Carma2017 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks