Team-BHP - PICS: Mahindra testing new UV under the body shell of a Bolero
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   PICS: Mahindra testing new UV under the body shell of a Bolero (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/187237-pics-mahindra-testing-new-uv-under-body-shell-bolero.html)

Clicked at Paranur (Chengalpet) toll on 19th May.

PICS: Mahindra testing new UV under the body shell of a Bolero-img20170526wa0000.jpg

PICS: Mahindra testing new UV under the body shell of a Bolero-img20170526wa0001.jpg

Few observations:
- Shorter engine bay (otherwise it's same as regular Bolero)
- Smaller tires
- Rear twist beam suspension
- Front wheel drive

Mods, I couldn't find any existing thread on this subject, kindly merge if available.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Boss (Post 4205863)
- Front wheel drive

Wondering how you arrived at these conclusions, since these point to a monocoque and not a body on chassis like the outgoing one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhanushs (Post 4205939)
Wondering how you arrived at these conclusions, since these point to a monocoque and not a body on chassis like the outgoing one.

Rear twist beam is visible, obviously it should be a front wheel drive drive then.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Boss (Post 4205997)
Rear twist beam is visible, obviously it should be a front wheel drive drive then.

I couldn't see it, can you please highlight it?

Also, M&M will not continue the Bolero's body after this year since it will not meet the crash test regulations coming into play. This is a different vehicle/platform being tested with the Bolero body shell as a camouflage.

Quote:

Originally Posted by n.devdath (Post 4206023)
This is a different vehicle/platform being tested with the Bolero body shell as a camouflage.

+1
Front bolero is a dummy vehicle for testing.

Also noticed that rear bolero has new steel wheels from scorpio S2.
PICS: Mahindra testing new UV under the body shell of a Bolero-img20170526wa0001.jpg
Does it means they are changing it for newer axles/drive-train from Scorpio?

or rear multi link suspension?

may be its for Export markets.:Frustrati

Could it be that the camouflaged bolero is actually a test mule for another vehicle underneath.else a new suspension, fwd and smaller wheels make no sense given the target market for the bolero

Quote:

Originally Posted by himanshugoswami (Post 4206204)
Could it be that the camouflaged bolero is actually a test mule for another vehicle underneath.else a new suspension, fwd and smaller wheels make no sense given the target market for the bolero

That's what I thought too, that chassis doesn't even look its built for a Bolero, and it's quite easy to compare with the real Bolero right behind it. The wheels are tiny and wheelbase too looks much shorter.

Quote:

Hope this answers now :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Boss (Post 4205863)
Clicked at Paranur (Chengalpet) toll on 19th May.

Attachment 1642695

Attachment 1642696

Few observations:
- Shorter engine bay (otherwise it's same as regular Bolero)
- Smaller tires
- Front wheel drive

Mods, I couldn't find any existing thread on this subject, kindly merge if available.

The test mule is using Bolero shell as a camouflage , the smaller wheels/tyres and the Bolero shell are a misfit on the chassis underneath.

Earlier also some OEM used a body shell to hide the underpins on the test run!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Boss (Post 4454588)
Hope this answers now

Nope. Doesn’t answer my original questions

Could it be the next-gen Thar that they're testing under that camouflaged Bolero?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhanushs (Post 4454922)
Nope. Doesn’t answer my original questions

Quote:

Wondering how you arrived at these conclusions

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Boss (Post 4205997)
Rear twist beam is visible

In case, if you had missed.
"REAR TWIST BEAM WAS VISIBLE" may be not on the snap that I posted.