Team-BHP - Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/187351-mahindra-xuv500-facelift-coming-get-power-hike-edit-now-launched-rs-12-32-lakhs-10.html)

To be honest I liked the front looks. The large grills with blackened air dams should add a little to the macho looks on which we can rightly comment only after seeing it in flesh.

The rear design has been disappointing giving it a MUVish look. It would be better if Mahindra had designed a better sleek horizontal setup rear lighting like that of current cars it would had been much better. Those reflectors just above the rear bumper looks bad too.

I still remember how the looks of Ritz was criticized and even many don't like Ignis too(no offence to its owners),may be with time this looks will grow on us too and I feel if the improvements with power, interior quality, ride quality etc. are noticeable this will increase the sell of XUV surely and rear looks will be ignored.

P.S. The rear might look little better with a good number plate along with black frame and German font embossing.

So XUV 500 gets beaten as well. I see this common phenomenon across all threads, whenever a car model is updated or gets replaced with an all new car, updated version gets bashed for how ugly it looks. It takes time to get used to and its only after certain duration people start praising the new design. While there are some cars which might really look ugly, majority looks okay and does not deserve this treatment.
P.S: I feel updated XUV 500 looks okay and will grow on you over time.

Blackout front crome and tail lights and you get a little better looking XUV. I am sure going forward more after market juggards will make it worth it.

Only hope left is that they get better interiors and engine upgrade in order to sell this.

lol: I dont understand why we are trying out Photo-shop in desperation. Mahindra Engineers are paid just to make sure the cars look ugly every iteration.

Jokes apart, I wonder why Interiors were not shot when the car was right infront of them. Interior layout of XUV is pretty good even today. All they need to do is to ensure consistent fit and finish and better quality plastics(feel wise)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajshenoy (Post 4374585)
lol: I dont understand why we are trying out Photo-shop in desperation. Mahindra Engineers are paid just to make sure the cars look ugly every iteration.

Jokes apart, I wonder why Interiors were not shot when the car was right infront of them. Interior layout of XUV is pretty good even today. All they need to do is to ensure consistent fit and finish and better quality plastics(feel wise)

But whats with the W11 version ? Any drastic change in design ? 2.2 with 148 bhp is what has been rumored inspite of some suggesting it can perform till 170 bhp. But W11 ?

Read many negative comments about the looks. Frankly i liked what Mahindra has done. Front looks more mature now (I would say neutral) and rear is definitely improved than the outgoing model.

Two things Mahindra needs to improve -
1 Make second row adjustable.
2 Increase boot space

Hope Mahindra tried to address these issues.

Somehow, I would like to go against the tide!

This design may attract a larger mass of customers. M&M needs to shed that chrome treatment in front which will give more aggressive look for those who prefers its butch character. But for common customer chrome treatment may raise the desirability quotient.

Rear is like "please some, offend none", but what I liked, they removed those unnecessary semi-circular creases from earlier model. The rear in earlier model was too busy or over designed.

Better power and torque figures along with updated interior with better fit and finish will make this offer more value for money.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prithm (Post 4374592)
But whats with the W11 version ? Any drastic change in design ? 2.2 with 148 bhp is what has been rumored inspite of some suggesting it can perform till 170 bhp. But W11 ?

Read somewhere that new XUV will be offered as W7,9,11 trims.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 400notout (Post 4374486)
Tried my hand at a cleaner version,

I remember when the XUV was launched, It just looked so much more modern than the then Scorpio model. Alas its a class clown now. :Frustrati

Nicely done.clap:Seems Mahindra will be much better off getting free facelift ideas from automotive forums than paying its braindead design team.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aniketi (Post 4374621)
Read many negative comments about the looks. Frankly i liked what Mahindra has done. Front looks more mature now (I would say neutral) and rear is definitely improved than the outgoing model.

Two things Mahindra needs to improve -
1 Make second row adjustable.
2 Increase boot space

Hope Mahindra tried to address these issues.

Sir, You are spot on. I feel the new shape is much more mature now. Out of all the three generations, this one is looking good for me.

Adding on more to your two point expectation list.

Thorough QC before release.

The new face lift at least from the front looks more mature, the rear might take time to get used to.
As a long time XUV500 owner, I feel extremely satisfied with the car overall and drivability is awesome with the brilliant MHawk engine. Except the brakes lacked the bite that was expected.
Now with the tuned engine with more power will definitely make it more fun. I really hope they have worked on the Interior quality and overall fit and finish, that would surely make it more premium. Eagerly awaiting to see the interiors of the new one.

FRONT: Why does it look like last edition of INNOVA
REAR: Why does it look familiar to derriere of REXTON.

Three families in my society have changed to HEXA from W8 in last six months.
I am yet to take their opinion on this 'HUGE" change as these are families of doctors, a MNC head & CA's respectively and they do buy their cars very conservatively.

IMO; The last edition had the best face of XUV, so far.

Regards-Sonu

1) I feel it looks better than the earlier version on both front and rear. It is a matter of getting used to it.

2) The major improvement expected though has to be on the inside. The current interiors are quite low rent and need significant change.

3) This may be quite a significant improvement compared to the previous refresh where the interior quality did not change sufficiently. This time even the power is going up. Hexa may be in trouble as also this may impact Compass and Creta and rightly so.

4) Hope they price this well though.

I feel, Mahindra is going to limit 168HP engines to top two variant. The lower variants will continue to be offered in 140HP disguise. It will be interesting to see if AT+168HP engine will be offered as I am not sure if the AT box is capable of handling the extra torque.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrideRed (Post 4375034)
I feel, Mahindra is going to limit 168HP engines to top two variant. The lower variants will continue to be offered in 140HP disguise. It will be interesting to see if AT+168HP engine will be offered as I am not sure if the AT box is capable of handling the extra torque.

Isn't that against their offering till date !!!

They made sure their customers (irrespective of tiny "W" badge) enjoyed the same engine power albeit the creature comfort that stacked with increase in W number. :)