Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2018, 20:29   #496
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Did back to back test drives of W11 AT and Hexa AT diesels.

The Hexa engine is definitely better, more refined, better NHV and more power.
However the XUV felt better in all other ways. XUV was definitely easier to drive, I liked the light steering, easy to maneuver. The Hexa's steering felt quite heavy.
The Hexa itself felt heavy and bigger. XUV felt very car like to drive.

I also found a comfortable seating position in XUV, with a commanding view and could see the bonnet. However in the Hexa, had to lower the seat slightly to get a better seating comfort.
My height is 6'2" and in the Hexa the left knee was touching the center console and it was not comfortable.
Even the braking in the XUV felt light and easier to apply whereas the Hexa brakes were harder.
Found the XUV suspension soft and did not feel the bad roads. Hexa was harder.

So even though the engine in Hexa is better, my overall impression of the XUV was more positive. It seems to be a much more value for money vehicle and definitely so when one also considers all the additional features.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 27th August 2018 at 08:46. Reason: Edited slightly for readability.
jesrani is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2018, 21:35   #497
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesrani View Post
Found the XUV suspension soft and did not feel the bad roads. Hexa was harder.
Really?? You found the XUV rides better than Hexa
Old 5th June 2018, 21:39   #498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
Really?? You found the XUV rides better than Hexa
Yes, I did so on the short test drives I took through mostly good and some bad roads. Maybe the suspension has been tweaked in the 2018 version. I have not driven either cars earlier.
Old 5th June 2018, 23:21   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by testing2000 View Post
rattles are from 2nd row seats and left side door..will ask the service to fix it in the upcoming 1000k service.
Check out the review by PowerDrift on YouTube, they had rattles in the left side passenger door and found out the window glass was to be loose. They took it for some off-roading, which led to the rattles.

Update on the insurance, I've got a quote for TATA AIG Sapphire + RTI plan, its at 47k, but the IDV is 16.80, I guess that could be because mine is the W11 AT, not the (O). So it seems all our insurance quotes are in order...
Old 6th June 2018, 07:51   #500
BHPian

Guys, anyone having a problem with Android Auto in their infotainment system? Took my XUV for the 1000 kms check up yesterday. As I couldnt connect my LG G6 to the system, I told the service exec and the infotainment system was updated. I still couldnt connect my G6. The service exec advised to update the software on my phone which I did today morning and still couldnt connect it via android auto. Once I connect the USB cable, android auto briefly opens up on the screen, then disconnects and shows device unsupported.
Old 6th June 2018, 09:44   #501
BHPian

@GKR9900: What is the android version your phone is running?

My vehicle is going for 1000km Service this week. How long does it take and what will be done? Is it a routine inspection? And should i change engine oil at 1000km like Team Bhp recommends?
Old 6th June 2018, 09:49   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKR9900 View Post
Guys, anyone having a problem with Android Auto in their infotainment system? Took my XUV for the 1000 kms check up yesterday. As I couldnt connect my LG G6 to the system, I told the service exec and the infotainment system was updated. I still couldnt connect my G6. The service exec advised to update the software on my phone which I did today morning and still couldnt connect it via android auto. Once I connect the USB cable, android auto briefly opens up on the screen, then disconnects and shows device unsupported.
The LG G6 is not officially supported by Android Auto as per this thread on XDA:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-...lg-g6-t3760598

The OP on that thread got his G6 working by using a different cables, USB Hubs etc... Have you checked if other phones work? Try and isolate the issue by using different phones and cables.
psinide is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2018, 10:19   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghav_K View Post
@GKR9900: What is the android version your phone is running?

My vehicle is going for 1000km Service this week. How long does it take and what will be done? Is it a routine inspection? And should i change engine oil at 1000km like Team Bhp recommends?
My phone is running Android 7.0. The service in itself was a routine check up along with a free car wash. They also attended to certain things that I mentioned, like the noise upon braking and steering vibrations on crossing 100 km/h. Glad to report that these were rectified. Oil change as per them would be taken care of in the 5000 km service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psinide View Post
The LG G6 is not officially supported by Android Auto. Try and isolate the issue by using different phones and cables.
That's disappointing. When I connect the phone via USB, the infotainment screen shows the basic android auto layout. After 5 seconds or so, it shuts down saying device not supported. At one point I could get to the dialler too. But then it disconnected soon after. Planning to try it with my OnePlus2.

Last edited by manson : 7th June 2018 at 17:45.
GKR9900 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2018, 15:55   #504
BHPian

Quote:
Took delivery of my Xuv W11(o) AWD AT today. Trying to go through the 3 manuals now!!
Many Congratulations! The car looks stunning.
I have also planned for XUV W11(0) AWD in mystic copper color

1) Could you please let me know how long it took for your car to arrive as the posts mention that AWD gets delayed. My dealer is quoting 45 days.

2) How does the ride quality of 18 inch compare with 17 inch. There are several posts which say bigger the alloy worse the ride. I have driven first generation manual XUV extensively and found the ride quality average; hope it does not get worse. In test drive, I did not notice any difference.

3) In the test drive, I noticed that initial pick up was low, engine was noisy (compared to manual) and brake had low bite and had to be depressed completely before any stopping action (Normally, ATs have sharp breaking). Can you please comment on these aspects?

4) Would you be able to share ex-show room price that was provided to you and if there was any discount on ex-show room price? (Mine would be company lease and I have pay ex show room price)

Thanks a lot!
Old 9th June 2018, 11:52   #505
BHPian

Can someone throw some light on the RTO charges? What percentage of ex-showroom should be the charges?

Requesting GKR9900, Raghav_K, psinide and others for valuable inputs.

Thanks in advance.
Old 9th June 2018, 12:21   #506
BHPian

The registration cost should be 18.9% (333514 INR for 1767430 ex-showroom for my W11 AT) and 2300 INR are registration charges.
psinide is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2018, 13:16   #507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acelerar View Post
Many Congratulations! The car looks stunning.
I have also planned for XUV W11(0) AWD in mystic copper color
Thank you!

1) I booked it on launch day and got it a month later. Dealers resist AWD bookings, seems they are produced in batches, once sufficient orders accumulate.

2) I have TD'ed both Hexa XTA and the XUV with 18 inchers before settling for Xuv. This new version of Xuv has some marginal suspension improvements, and i would say the low speed ride is still harsh, and once above 30-40 the ride quality improves. All this is for bumpy roads, in smooth highways the ride is uniformly good. I would put the ride quality of Xuv as 60-70% of that of Hexa. But the way hexa absorbs bumps in low speed is surreal

3) Engine is noisy in low end, 1 & 2nd gears. You will have to push it to more than 2500rpm to force a upshift. I find the brakes quite sharp.

4) ]It was 19 odd lakhs. Corp discount of 8k.

@ new XUV W11 owners here, Do you have the third row 12v port? Mine doesn't have it and the area is closed with a plastic cover

Last edited by Raghav_K : 10th June 2018 at 13:17.
Raghav_K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2018, 13:59   #508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you!

@ new XUV W11 owners here, Do you have the third row 12v port? Mine doesn't have it and the area is closed with a plastic cover
3G XUV has removed 12v port from third row now.
Old 10th June 2018, 14:04   #509
BHPian

Ah ok. Wonder why they did that! The models with Android auto do not have a front 12v port, and with the 3rd row 12v removed, this big car is left with just one 12v port.

My i20 has two :-)
Old 10th June 2018, 20:14   #510
BHPian

Went for a test drive at Sireesh Auto - Silk board. Test drove the W11 FWD Auto.

Dealer experience was exceptional which thoroughly surprised me. I was explained all features and options. Sales person was extremely courteous and informative.

The test drive vehicle though looks like someone just took it to a top of a muddy hill and drove down in full speed. Covered in mud, front windshield cracked etc. The interiors were clean though.

What I liked

- The dashboard was good with the leather covering
- Seats were comfortable and did not feel the quilting on my back
- Very nice commanding view of the road ahead and the bonnet edges as well
- Infotainment system sounds good
- Sunroof / other gimmicks worked as marketed
- Kid is loving it (this is not a factor - though the dads here know how much that is)

What I didn't like

- Auto transmission took a bit of time and you could hear it strain when punching from a slow roll. Didn't expect that. But once it hit 60 kmph or so, it became quite smooth. But there is that hesitation and accompanying sound. Let's blame it on the test drive car. Requesting our owners to validate.

-Brake bite was very soft and I had to remind myself I was driving a heavy vehicle and did anticipatory braking as much as I could after the initial scare

- They still have those hard and weird design plastics all over the car.

Overall, nice car and the on-road for a W11 Auto is approx 22.3L. The W9 AT has only 2 airbags and misses out on the power adjustable seats and a few other items and that costs approx 20.8L. The adjustable seats are not a deal breaker but the airbags could definitely be.

Left with the brochure and pricing details.
Mad Max is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks