Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Old 12th July 2018, 18:27   #616
BHPian

Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Ofcourse you can but then you would need to upgrade tyres too to 18". Expensive affair through.
Am open to buy from anyone who might be changing their wheels to aftermarket. How much do they cost?
Old 12th July 2018, 19:50   #617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk7671 View Post
Am open to buy from anyone who might be changing their wheels to aftermarket. How much do they cost?
I wish you would have posted this last month, just bought W11at but 17" just because it would have been hard to sell 18" in open market. Anyways for alloys only you can look at a damage of around 40k plus.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2018, 06:44   #618
BHPian

The 18" OE Diamond Cut Alloys sell for ₹13,090 each on M&M official site. And the tyres are available aftermarket from various brands. Last time I checked Yokohama Geolander A/T 18" tyres, they were around 15K a piece.
Old 13th July 2018, 13:25   #619
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFuel View Post
The 18" OE Diamond Cut Alloys sell for ₹13,090 each on M&M official site.
Prices mentioned by MnM are always high. You can easily get 18" alloys from outside much lower than MnM ones, plus you get multiple choices.

If one has to go for 18" then i would suggest buy 17" XUV W11/W9 and then sell both alloys and tyres outside and get 18".
nitinralli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2018, 09:38   #620
BHPian

Hello everyone, my W7 AT has clocked about 3000 kms now. Penning this post down to know the opinion of other owners. I have at least on 4 occasions noticed wheel slip while braking a bit hard. 2 of these occasions were in wet conditions. Typical scenario was cruising along a highway at speeds of 100 kph and having to brake hard. I was surprised to notice that much wheel slip in an ABS, TC and ESP equipped car. The tyres in question are Bridgestone Duelers. My previous ride was a VW Vento 1.6 TDI manual which was riding on Michelin XM2s. Even without TC and ESP, I never had an issue with braking at much higher speeds. Has anyone else noticed this?
Old 14th July 2018, 10:29   #621
BHPian

@GKR9900,

I have done around 3000 km in my W11 AWD AT, and i had to come to a sudden stop from around 90's atleast twice till now. I encountered no drama and the car stopped in it's line. Not sure if AWD helped in these scenarios. My tyres are Bridgestone Ecopia.

However, my gripe with the brakes are that they tend to be less effective when pressed lightly. I constantly get startled by it when in slow moving city traffic.
Raghav_K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2018, 12:42   #622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKR9900 View Post
Hello everyone, my W7 AT has clocked about 3000 kms now. Penning this post down to know the opinion of other owners. I have at least on 4 occasions noticed wheel slip while braking a bit hard. 2 of these occasions were in wet conditions. Typical scenario was cruising along a highway at speeds of 100 kph and having to brake hard. I was surprised to notice that much wheel slip in an ABS, TC and ESP equipped car. The tyres in question are Bridgestone Duelers. My previous ride was a VW Vento 1.6 TDI manual which was riding on Michelin XM2s. Even without TC and ESP, I never had an issue with braking at much higher speeds. Has anyone else noticed this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghav_K View Post
@GKR9900,

I have done around 3000 km in my W11 AWD AT, and i had to come to a sudden stop from around 90's atleast twice till now. I encountered no drama and the car stopped in it's line. Not sure if AWD helped in these scenarios. My tyres are Bridgestone Ecopia.

However, my gripe with the brakes are that they tend to be less effective when pressed lightly. I constantly get startled by it when in slow moving city traffic.
I have done almost 1000 kms in my W11 AT FWD with 18" wheel and stock Apollo tyres. Have driven in some heavy rains and the car has never felt unstable or shifted when passing though the water, except once, when the road itself was slightly curved and covered with lot of water, the car seemed to slide just a bit. However the car seems to be more stable even in wet conditions compared to my earlier Honda City Vdi with Michellin Tyres.
The brakes are powerful but there is just this initial play / lag so that if pressed lightly the brakes are not as effective. If pressed hard it is very good but I think the brakes need to work better when pressed with lighter foot too.
Otherwise quite happy with the way the car handles the wet roads.
Wiper speed should be more for heavy rains I feel.
jesrani is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2018, 13:05   #623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghav_K View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesrani View Post
The brakes are powerful but there is just this initial play / lag so that if pressed lightly the brakes are not as effective. If pressed hard it is very good but I think the brakes need to work better when pressed with lighter foot too.
Yes..the brakes tend to lack bite when pressed lightly. Caught me off guard a couple of times too. The car is stable on wet roads, but a few sudden braking instances got me thinking. Maybe I need to work on my driving
GKR9900 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2018, 20:17   #624
BHPian

W11(O) AWD AT issues

Hi All, the W11 has run around 800 kms, and I notice these issues which I had not encountered in my W8 AWD:

1. The GPS time often changes to some absurd time, and upon restart of the engine at a later stage picks up the correct time.

2. The auto-wiper function does not work properly: In light rain it sometimes goes very fast, and is slow during heavy rains. Cleaned the windshield, but the situation does not change.

3. Auto headlight ON - the behaviour is very different from the W8. It turns on late and turns off much after the ambient light level gets brighter.

4. Noticed that the wiper blade does not go far enough to the right. With the result, in heavy rain there is a lot of water on the right hand border of the windshield, and this impacts visibility on that side specially when driving on winding roads.

Some of these issues are difficult to reproduce, so it has to be seen how the SA deals with them.

Has anyone else encountered similar issues?

On the other hand, the maps application is a major improvement compared to the one in W8.

Thanks
Old 19th July 2018, 18:02   #625
Senior - BHPian

Just added LED fog lights from AliExpress.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-1532003433443.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-1532003452206.jpg  

nitinralli is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2018, 19:50   #626
BHPian

Quote:
So finally you upgraded the fog lights to LEDs. Do share some pictures in darkness and your experience with them and yes do update the details in that forum too where there are lots of discussion about XUV lights.

Happy night driving.

Last edited by manson : 28th July 2018 at 15:17. Reason: Typo.
Old 20th July 2018, 10:23   #627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arao View Post
W11(O) AWD AT issues

Hi All, the W11 has run around 800 kms, and I notice these issues which I had not encountered in my W8 AWD:

2. The auto-wiper function does not work properly: In light rain it sometimes goes very fast, and is slow during heavy rains. Cleaned the windshield, but the situation does not change.

4. Noticed that the wiper blade does not go far enough to the right. With the result, in heavy rain there is a lot of water on the right hand border of the windshield, and this impacts visibility on that side specially when driving on winding roads.

Some of these issues are difficult to reproduce, so it has to be seen how the SA deals with them.

Has anyone else encountered similar issues?

Thanks
I have W11(O) FWD AT
Auto-wiper seems to be working well and have not seen it go fast in light rains. In heavy rains it does go faster for me. However many times does not stay on continuously. On highway I prefer to manually switch to high speed but in city the auto function is preferable.

The wiper becomes perpendicular to the windshield and does leave a parallel patch of water on the windshield. Seems to be the max that it can go, not sure. Haven't found this to be a problem yet but would like to hear from others too.

Quote:
Can you share Ali Express link? Did you get it fitted outside or from dealer?

Last edited by jesrani : 20th July 2018 at 10:24.
jesrani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2018, 12:49   #628
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesrani View Post
Can you share Ali Express link? Did you get it fitted outside or from dealer?
Below is the link. I got it installed from outside.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NIGH...806908170.html
Old 20th July 2018, 13:01   #629
BHPian

Guys, I am planning to book XUV5OO in the near future. Can someone please tell me what is the current waiting period(if any) of the same?
Thanks.
Old 22nd July 2018, 16:53   #630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arao View Post
W11(O) AWD AT issues

The issue was incorrectly installed wiper blade assembly, which was fixed by the service centre.

Also, for those who want to remove the 3rd row of seats - it is different as compared to the 2014 model. The TPMS controller now sits on the floor between the two 3rd row seats (it was not there in the earlier model). So one has to be careful to protect this controller before loading stuff into the boot after removing these seats.

At the bottom of the second picture, the two large holes are where the bolts fixing the seats go, and the hole in the centre is for the self-tapping screw that holds the tools container.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-img_1765.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-img_1766.jpg  

arao is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed