Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2018, 06:46   #691
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
Did the front airbags open in the above XUV involved in nilgai accident?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesrani View Post
Not sure, possibly not
Jesrani, can you please reconfirm with your friend on this and whether the passengers were wearing seatbelts?

There have been at least two instances of serious accidents where the airbags didn't deploy. This is also an instance where the airbags should have deployed, full frontal impact.

Last edited by discoverwild : 7th October 2018 at 06:48.
Old 22nd October 2018, 18:45   #692

Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Hi Folks,

Has anyone tried installing an auto-dimming IRVM in XUV 500? I asked my SA, he suggested that he can try fitting the out-going SsangYong Rexton's IRVM in XUV500. Has anyone tried it?

Thanks.
Shrek123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2018, 16:39   #693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaroop77 View Post
Front two USB ports are indeed aligned in opposite orientations.
Front two USB ports? There's one on the infotainment system. Where's the other one?
Old 7th November 2018, 18:05   #694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathore_13 View Post
Front two USB ports? There's one on the infotainment system. Where's the other one?
At the bottom, besides the Start/Stop button. Open the cover and there is USB and Aux
Old 8th November 2018, 10:11   #695
BHPian

Quote:
At the bottom, besides the Start/Stop button. Open the cover and there is USB and Aux
Thanks for beating me to the trigger . Also the USB port besides the start stop button acts as a pseudo media connection for Apple devices and shows up as Ipod in the infotainment screen allowing you to view/play podcasts, Album series from the phone with menu control on the infotainment screen. Apple car play support would have been great though.
Old 9th November 2018, 01:16   #696
BHPian

Quote:
Couldn't find it!

Can you please post a photo? What variant do you have? what year? I have a 2018 W9. Does the W9 skip second USB port?

Quote:
Thanks for beating me to the trigger . Also the USB port besides the start stop button acts as a pseudo media connection for Apple devices and shows up as Ipod in the infotainment screen allowing you to view/play podcasts, Album series from the phone with menu control on the infotainment screen. Apple car play support would have been great though.
Is your XUV a W11? My W9 (plush) had one usb port with an aux in the infotainment system.

Last edited by bblost : 9th November 2018 at 01:46.
Old 9th November 2018, 11:22   #697
BHPian

Since Morazzo has got Apple Car Play support update, would someone here know if it will be made available on Plush XUV too ?
Old 9th November 2018, 11:48   #698
BHPian

Quote:
.. Is your XUV a W11? My W9 (plush) had one usb port with an aux in the infotainment system.
I think only the W11 variant has 2 USB ports at front and not the other variants.
vvrchandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2018, 15:25   #699
BHPian

Quote:
Couldn't find it!

Can you please post a photo? What variant do you have? what year? I have a 2018 W9. Does the W9 skip second USB port?

Is your XUV a W11? My W9 (plush) had one usb port with an aux in the infotainment system.
Mine is W11 AT. And there is one USB port only besides the Start stop button under a lid. The AUX is besides the other USB port in infotainment system, sorry for the wrong information. The bottom USB is also for Android Auto.
Old 10th November 2018, 00:35   #700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
I think only the W11 variant has 2 USB ports at front and not the other variants.
Thanks. got it! The W9 has one usb port. I've been fervently looking for another power source for my dash cam and other gadgets.
Old 11th November 2018, 23:41   #701
BHPian

Quote:
Agreed - I am hoping that a future update enabled Carplay support, but I am not holding my breath on this. My service advisor indicated that it won't be possible with a software update, so there is that.
Old 20th November 2018, 19:24   #702
BHPian

We recently made a road trip to Chikmagalur from Bangalore and I got the chance to use Android Auto extensively. Few observations: every so often, I got a Communication error 8 (something related to security checks not being passed by the vehicle), which requires a restart of the vehicle and sometimes the phone too. When it worked, it worked quite well, as in, Google maps and the streaming music apps worked without any crashes, etc.

Like it has been reported earlier, it is strange that the orientation of the USB ports are different on the W11 - such an obvious miss by the design engineers.

I am still holding out hope for Apple CarPlay. If anybody has any additional insight into this, please do let us know.
Old 20th November 2018, 23:31   #703
BHPian

A quick question to all the owners of plush XUV w11(o). Do the Bridgestone ecopla tyres need a change? If yes then what did you upgrade to? Any ongoing discounts? Planning to get one around New Year after Harier launch.

Last edited by manson : 27th November 2018 at 00:53. Reason: Typo.
Old 26th November 2018, 15:12   #704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
A quick question to all the owners of plush XUV w11(o). Do the Bridgestone ecopla tyres need a change?If yes then what did you upgrade to? Any ongoing discounts? Planning to get one around New Year after Harier launch.
Have clocked some 7000-odd KMs till now and haven't faced any issue that needs attention. However, have heard people saying a BS Dueler or a Michelin causes less noise. I am happy with the rubber though.

Cheers,
Pratyush
Old 2nd December 2018, 22:01   #705
Senior - BHPian

I am considering going for an XUV500 (AWD, AT). Does anyone know what kind of deals/offers can be expected in Bangalore? I made a brief visit to a showroom and roughly told that one can avail deals up to 1 lakh (discount+ corporate discount+ exchange bonus...). Can I extract more considering dealers struggle to put up decent numbers in Dec? Any advice/first hand info is appreciated. I am yet to test drive the car and haven't made up my mind yet.

Most Viewed