Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2018, 22:42   #706
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I am considering going for an XUV500 (AWD, AT). Does anyone know what kind of deals/offers can be expected in Bangalore? I made a brief visit to a showroom and roughly told that one can avail deals up to 1 lakh (discount+ corporate discount+ exchange bonus...). Can I extract more considering dealers struggle to put up decent numbers in Dec? Any advice/first hand info is appreciated. I am yet to test drive the car and haven't made up my mind yet.
The insurance nos are usually inflated. When I purchased my Manual Transmission version 2.5 years back, they quoted ˜80K for insurance, and I finally paid them 40K. You could also negotiate on accessories. Also, if you are going for a finance option from them, they usually get a commission- so do not hesitate to bargain and get some discount.
ajayclicks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2018, 23:19   #707
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
The insurance nos are usually inflated. When I purchased my Manual Transmission version 2.5 years back, they quoted ˜80K for insurance, and I finally paid them 40K. You could also negotiate on accessories. Also, if you are going for a finance option from them, they usually get a commission- so do not hesitate to bargain and get some discount.
Thanks. I want to transfer the 50%NCB from my current car (which probably I will either exchange or sell ).
Regarding exchanging the old car, I understand that what you get from the dealer is always less than what you can get if you sell it to an individual. In my case, it is a non main-stream car (Forester) and I wonder how much they really offer. I shall find out soon.
Old 5th December 2018, 11:54   #708
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. I want to transfer the 50%NCB from my current car (which probably I will either exchange or sell ).
Regarding exchanging the old car, I understand that what you get from the dealer is always less than what you can get if you sell it to an individual. In my case, it is a non main-stream car (Forester) and I wonder how much they really offer. I shall find out soon.
Did you get a chance to find out what offers you're getting on the XUV5OO? I'm looking for an AT AWD too, and am getting about 38k in discounts and corp discounts.
Old 5th December 2018, 19:41   #709
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Did you get a chance to find out what offers you're getting on the XUV5OO? I'm looking for an AT AWD too, and am getting about 38k in discounts and corp discounts.
44k cash discount + 9k corp discount + 20k exchange bonus + 25k insurance discount , which will be roughly 1 lakh. One has to make the booking before Jan 12 (he says this is true for any car).
Also looks like AWD AT may be in short supply. You may not get the colour you like. In fact the latest price sheet did not have AWD AT (W11 AWD AT (O). It is possible that they are silently discontinuing.

I also had a brief test drive and had the following observations:

+ves
  • We know that it is feature packed. I don't see any other car which comes with AWD, AT, 6 airbags, ESP, sunroof, powered driver seat, auto headlamps/vipers, turning lights, tire monitoring...etc for bellow 25 lakhs onroad (in fact around 23 with discounts)
  • Airy cabin, excellent road view
  • Easy to drive a maneuver in the city, in spite of the size
  • Soft touch interior panels which come in contact with the body
  • Nice colour scheme for the interior (tanned leather seats and black plastics, black leather on the dash and hand rests)
  • Neutral styling with the recent updates, it is not really handsome, not bad looking either
-ves
  • Cabin quality looks average in places where you can still see the exposed shiny plastics with weird texture. They have done a good job to conceal it with leather in most places.
  • I found the seat bases to be short in length and a bit high. Seats are also bit hard to my liking
  • Lowest position of the steering is still very high and away from you (in spite of controlling the reach). If I (6ft tall)can't get in to a comfortable position, shorter drivers may find it very unergonomic
  • I felt that engine lacked the punch to close the gaps in the city traffic (I am not used to diesel automatics)
  • Unsettling ride when you go over bumps
  • Lack of sliding feature on the second row (which has more than required legroom space at the cost of decent legroom in the last row)
  • Last row doesn't fold flat (I am very critical of such goof ups, which you only find in Indian cars. Even Hexa has this flaw)
  • High floor (would have preferred the floor to be a bit lower, like in CRVs, or Santa Fes).
  • Literally no luggage space when all seats are up

There seem to be too many things I don't like. Considering the niggles that may come up and the age of the car (which may be replaced with a new model in a year or 2), I am not in a hurry to go for it yet.

Last edited by Guna : 5th December 2018 at 19:47.
Guna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2018, 11:21   #710
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, I'm getting 29k discount, 9k corp discount and 25k exchange bonus in Hyderabad. Haven't probed into it yet, and I didn't bother about insurance from the dealer.

I'm inclined towards XUV for a few reasons - Tatas do not come in black, and I won't buy another colour. Other vehicles lose out in the VFM aspect, and am prepared to live with the cons of this truck. If only Harrier launched with 7-seater Diesel auto, with Sunroof, and black as a colour option...
Old 6th December 2018, 14:38   #711
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

I also had a brief test drive and had the following observations:
-ves
  • Last row doesn't fold flat (I am very critical of such goof ups, which you only find in Indian cars. Even Hexa has this flaw)
Not trying to change your mind, but I don't believe that observation is correct. The last row seats do fold flat (unless you are measuring with a bubble level ). Never had issues with luggage sliding towards the hatch door.

Hexa rear row when folded slopes around 30 degrees. No comparison.
Old 6th December 2018, 16:16   #712
BHPian

Quote:
[*]I found the seat bases to be short in length and a bit high. Seats are also bit hard to my liking[*]Lowest position of the steering is still very high and away from you (in spite of controlling the reach). If I (6ft tall)can't get in to a comfortable position, shorter drivers may find it very unergonomic[*]I felt that engine lacked the punch to close the gaps in the city traffic (I am not used to diesel automatics) [*]Unsettling ride when you go over bumps
I have W11 AT (O). Agree with above points. Have done about 8.5k including a 1.5k road trip. I am 6'2".
Yes, seats are bit hard. But they are comfortable over long drives. Did not get fatigued at all. Found driving comfort better than earlier Honda City.
I have some issues with steering position as I need to take seat all the way back due to height. However my wife is shorter and she has no problem as she is able to take the seat forward. I would have preferred more pull in the steering. But it was not uncomfortable at all. I try to keep seat a bit forward rather than all the way back, and take it as high as head permits.
Yes, the gear change in the AT at 20-40 kmph is not good at all and car does not have the punch. It takes a bit getting used to. On the highways it is a pleasure to drive though.
Ride quality on bad roads at low speeds is very bumpy. Mostly the problem is with broken roads due to the independent suspension I think. On bumps the car has no problems.
But we are happy with the car. It is very comfortable and very easy to drive. And offers flexibility to travel together when we are more than 5 persons. It is a good VFM proposition compared to say Creta and I found it easier to drive and handle compared to Hexa, which is also much longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Not trying to change your mind, but I don't believe that observation is correct. The last row seats do fold flat (unless you are measuring with a bubble level ). Never had issues with luggage sliding towards the hatch door.

Hexa rear row when folded slopes around 30 degrees. No comparison.
In my W11 AT (O) it doesn't fold completely flat. Can see the slope visibly.
jesrani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2018, 16:17   #713
BHPian

Hexa seats do not fold flat, but it is not to the 30 degree range. It is about 5 degree. You can test drive and see yourself. I own hexa and have not experienced problem of luggage sliding, even on longer runs.
Abhishek_Garg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2018, 16:47   #714
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek_Garg View Post
Hexa seats do not fold flat, but it is not to the 30 degree range. It is about 5 degree. You can test drive and see yourself. I own hexa and have not experienced problem of luggage sliding, even on longer runs.
Have a look at the first pic here:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4098231 (Tata Hexa : Official Review)

Earlier in the thread, as part of official review, there is a similar pic as well. That angle does not look like 5 degrees to me.

But, anyways...we are digressing and going off-topic on this XUV thread.

My only point was, (having seen both) in the XUV, the last row when folded is not as inclined as a Hexa and is almost flat.

Last edited by SDP : 6th December 2018 at 16:48.
Old 6th December 2018, 16:49   #715
Senior - BHPian

Yes, the seats do not fold completely flat in the plush, but it's not at all a deal breaker - a slight incline owing to the seat's contour.

By the way, I'm getting about 54k discount excluding insurance now.
Old 6th December 2018, 16:56   #716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
..By the way, I'm getting about 54k discount excluding insurance now.
Is this on XUV W11(O) AWD AT and in Hyderabad. What is the tentative on road price in Hyderabad. Any idea on what is the offer on XUV W11(O) AT. Thanks.
Old 6th December 2018, 17:27   #717
Senior - BHPian

Yes, it is for W11 (O) AT AWD in Hyderabad. The on-road price (excluding insurance) is 22,23,635, minus 53,600 discount = 21,70,035. I can check on Saturday, but this discount is most probably on all variants.
ph03n!x is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2018, 17:53   #718
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post

My only point was, (having seen both) in the XUV, the last row when folded is not as inclined as a Hexa and is almost flat.
Does it help if you remove the headrests of the last row? I could not check this.
Old 6th December 2018, 18:10   #719
BHPian

Quote:
Does it help if you remove the headrests of the last row? I could not check this.
No. The headrests don't foul with the second row. The incline is very slight, certainly not the 30 degrees slope as claimed by someone here. I never faced an issue with luggage sliding over the folded last row. Also let's keep in mind the Hexa actually has luggage space with all 3 rows up unlike the Xuv.
Old 7th December 2018, 20:31   #720
Senior - BHPian

There are surprisingly very little ownership threads for XUV5OO, more so for the 2015 or 2018 refreshes - the niggles thread is a go-to though.

Plush XUV owners, I noticed that the air-con settings kept popping up on the touchscreen for no reason in the Plush TD car - something I've seen in the 2015 refresh too. And the sunscreen opens with a loud thud - same as 2015. Are there fixes for these?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks