Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2019, 20:54   #736
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Something is indeed strange with the XUV5OO. My W11 AT AWD is recharging a mobile that's plugged into the bottom slot, and the USB plugged into the top is blinking like it's being read - all without turning on accessory mode. I haven't explored what else is active without the car turning on, it's just 5 days old...

My Verna SX(O), which had keyless entry and go too had been parked for months together when I travel, and always starts without any drama when I get back.
Old 3rd January 2019, 23:17   #737
BHPian

Anybody has any information whether the year end offers are continuing to January or are there new offers due to proximity of harrier launch?
Old 7th January 2019, 17:18   #738
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

I had been in for the first service of my XUV today, and there was another fellow owner who was called in by Mahindra for something to do with "coolant clamp fixing". She wasn't clear, and didn't have the SMS she recieved - it was an Aug 2018 car. Not sure if it's a selective recall, others with similar manufacturing dates, please check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
Anybody has any information whether the year end offers are continuing to January or are there new offers due to proximity of harrier launch?
According to my Sales Advisor, they'll extend the same offers that was running during Dec now for a 2018 made vehicle. I'm sure you can bargain for more, give it a try.

Last edited by ph03n!x : 7th January 2019 at 17:26.
Old 12th January 2019, 16:17   #739
BHPian

My W7 AT has run 13500 kms. For the past few weeks, there was this high pitched sound while braking. I initially thought it would have been some dust accumulation, but the persistence of the sound made me visit Mahindra service. They checked and told that the front brake pads will run for only another 5000 - 7000 kms and that AT XUVs usually have less life for brake pads, about 20000 kms. Planning to take my XUV for an early 20k service probably at around 18k and get the pads replaced as well.

Last edited by manson : 29th January 2019 at 19:45. Reason: Typos.
Old 13th January 2019, 07:17   #740
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKR9900 View Post
My W7 AT has ran 13500 kms. For the past few weeks, there was this high pitched sound while braking. I initially thought it would have been some dust accumulation, but the persistance of the sound made me visit Mahindra service. They checked and told that the front brake pads will run for only another 5000 - 7000 kms and that AT XUVs usually have less life for brake pads, about 20000 kms. Planning to take my XUV for an early 20k service probably at around 18k and get the pads replaced as well.
Brake-pad replacement is a very common scam where they scare you that there is very little life left in the brake-pads and you should replace "proactively". I am not saying that is the case here as well, but ask them to actually measure the width of the pads and compare it to the threshold at which brake pads should be replaced and then take a call.

Front brake pads also have a wear-out sensor which triggers an alert in the infotainment system. Keep an eye out for that as well.

Last edited by SDP : 13th January 2019 at 07:20.
SDP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th January 2019, 10:28   #741
Senior - BHPian

This is for all long termers of XUV5OO - what's the max life you've had, or you've known others have, for the brake pads?

I'm asking because my 2009 Getz's stock brakes lasted 60k, and 2013 Verna's lasted 80k. I find it that XUV5OO needs new pads at 20k or 30k!

On the other hand, the brakes are brilliant - in about 2000 KM I've driven, I had 2 situations where I was bracing for impact, but XUV didn't even have an ABS trigger and stopped well ahead of the obstacle!
ph03n!x is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2019, 11:23   #742
BHPian

Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 1...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
This is for all long termers of XUV5OO - what's the max life you've had, or you've known others have, for the brake pads?
I have had two XUV500, one W4 manual which I had to replace the front break pad after screeching noise cropping up at 24000 km and the other W6 Automatic at 20000 km service based on physical measurement.

Last edited by manson : 29th January 2019 at 19:44. Reason: Typo.
tirthankard77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2019, 22:43   #743
BHPian

I believe there is a recall on the new plush series (not sure if it's for all of them or just the w11 AT). I was told that the radiator hose has been replaced due to a recall. It's not clear to me how big of an issue this is, but I would still urge owners of the new series to call and check with their service center.
thejaguar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2019, 23:06   #744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post

I'm asking because my 2009 Getz's stock brakes lasted 60k, and 2013 Verna's lasted 80k. I find it that XUV5OO needs new pads at 20k or 30k!
For reference, I get a 'check brake pad for wear and tear' message eventually leading to replacement every 12K kms in my Merc

I don't remember changing it <40K for any of my other cars.
sriramv.iyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2019, 02:51   #745
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Vehicles with ESP require more frequent Brake pad changed if driven at speed on curvy highways as ESP and EBD are deployed towards vehicle stability without us knowing it. Happens a lot in my X3. The primary driven wheel brake pads wear out faster between the two axles.
ACM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th January 2019, 15:05   #746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKR9900 View Post
My W7 AT has ran 13500 kms. For the past few weeks, there was this high pitched sound while braking. I initially thought it would have been some dust accumulation, but the persistance of the sound made me visit Mahindra service. They checked and told that the front brake pads will run for only another 5000 - 7000 kms and that AT XUVs usually have less life for brake pads, about 20000 kms. Planning to take my XUV for an early 20k service probably at around 18k and get the pads replaced as well.
That screeching noise probably is due to your timing belt rather than brake pads.
venuvedam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2019, 19:01   #747

Continuing the discussion on battery, I experienced battery drained out problem once again. My XUV (Aug-2018) was parked for over a week and the battery once again completely drained. The break-down technician came and installed a new software. He said there was a problem with some unnecessary units such as TPMS consuming power even in parked position. The software upgrade should fix these issues. I asked him to replace the battery under warranty; he requested me to run the vehicle for some time and see if I experience the problem again. According to him, the software upgrade will fix the battery draining out issue.

I asked him if other vehicles (read the plush new XUVs) are being recalled, he said they are calling up customers on case-by-case basis to fix this issue. Has anyone being called for such software upgrade? Also, should I insist on battery replacement?
Old 23rd January 2019, 12:02   #748
BHPian

I am yet to face any battery drain out issue in my 2018 XUV even though the car was parked for 10 days during xmas new year period.

But wanted to report an incident which happened recently in my XUV.
I was driving in the city and something fell on my feet. Luckily did not panic and parked to the side to check - the plastic cover for AC cabin filter has come off. Came home and was able to fix it back. Pics attached.

Maybe service center guys did not fix it properly after cleaning the AC filter. Hopefully it is not a niggle and it will not come off again

Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-img_20190120_200115.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-img_20190120_200203.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 29th January 2019 at 18:16. Reason: Pictures inserted in-line.
toretto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2019, 16:58   #749
J D
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toretto View Post
the plastic cover for AC cabin filter has come off. Came home and was able to fix it back. Pics attached.
I had the exact same issue, probably got dislodged by the left foot...the service guy did fix it and have not had the issue again in over 4 months!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejaguar View Post
I believe there is a recall on the new plush series (not sure if it's for all of them or just the w11 AT). I was told that the radiator hose has been replaced due to a recall. It's not clear to me how big of an issue this is, but I would still urge owners of the new series to call and check with their service center.
Mine is a W11 AWD (O).
I got a call from the service centre today... the person was trying to tell me that Mahindra wants to put some part in the engine to avoid over heating, LOL. I asked if this was a recall and what is the issue and the person said the SE will call up tomorrow and advise.

Any input on what the problem really is and what is being done?

Note from Support: Post fixed for readability. Excessive dots removed. Please do not type...like...this

Last edited by aah78 : 29th January 2019 at 18:15. Reason: Posts merged. Please use QUOTE+/MULTI-QUOTE when responding to multiple posts. Thanks!
Old 29th January 2019, 18:02   #750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Brake-pad replacement is a very common scam where they scare you that there is very little life left in the brake-pads and you should replace "proactively". I am not saying that is the case here as well, but ask them to actually measure the width of the pads and compare it to the threshold at which brake pads should be replaced and then take a call.

Front brake pads also have a wear-out sensor which triggers an alert in the infotainment system. Keep an eye out for that as well.
I had the brake pads changed on my Automatic Chevy Captiva after 60,000 kms. Please do check the brakes yourself or get a second opinion

Last edited by manson : 29th January 2019 at 19:44. Reason: Typo.
vgsr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed