Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2019, 10:43   #826
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

I too got the Carplay update and I can vouch that it works better than Android Auto. We are primarily an iPhone family and it's seamless to use. One thing that I like is that the control menus are on the right and not on the left. Having it closer to the steering makes life easier. The whole process took a couple of hours.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-xuv_carplay.jpeg  

vivekshukla is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2019, 13:53   #827
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekshukla View Post
I too got the Carplay update and I can vouch that it works better than Android Auto.
In what way do you say it works better than Android Auto?

My first priority use case is Music. Second is Navigation.
Third is phone and notifications.

If I tell Google Assistant to play a particular song using a particular streaming service (Spotify), it does it. Siri asks me to open Apple Music. Otherwise I ask Siri to open the app, after which I have to search manually (not using voice).

In AA I can search for a way point in Google Maps. I cannot do that in Google Maps in Carplay (or may be I don't know how? would love to be enlightened)

In India - Carplay is gimped and AA is superior in my experience.

FYI - I have a Galaxy S10 and an iPhone X. I use both in both my XUV as well as my X1.
Old 19th July 2019, 14:17   #828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4$pd View Post
FYI - I have a Galaxy S10 and an iPhone X. I use both in both my XUV as well as my X1.
Just curious, how do you manage to use Apple CarPlay (Iphone X) in your 2015 XUV500 W8 AWD? My understanding is, carplay update is only available to the facelift XUV, that too W11 trim.
Repsol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2019, 14:19   #829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
Just curious, how do you manage to use Apple CarPlay (Iphone X) in your 2015 XUV500 W8 AWD? My understanding is, carplay update is only available to the facelift XUV, that too W11 trim.
Carplay does not work in my XUV - Android Auto only.
And Android Auto does not work in my X1 - Carplay only
I should have been more specific. I use both but Carplay in my X1 and AA in my XUV.
Old 19th July 2019, 15:30   #830
Senior - BHPian

The mystery of rattle continues. Just spoke to workshop, the issue is still open. They are still trying to figure out the source of rattle.

Spoke to Sandman offline, he is facing same kind of issue. We are planning to visit workshop tomorrow, will share update here.
Old 20th July 2019, 04:29   #831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrek123 View Post
It seems that Mahindra has discontinued XUV500 W11 AT AWD Option model. It's not listed in their online pricelist. If it is indeed the case, no AWD AT SUV is currently available in the market in that 23L price range. It's sad if Mahindra decided to discontinue AWD AT. It seems AWD is now only available in manual.
Hi,

The W11 (O) AT AWD model is only on made to order basis and no dealer has it in his inventory. Once you place the order, in spite of vociferous discouragement from the dealer (as his ready stocked inventory won’t move); the dealer will place the order with the factory and you’d receive your Cheeta after around 2 months.

I too own a W11 (O) AT AWD and believe me, Mahindra customer service moves mountains these days once You desire something. eMail Mahindra directly if you find that the dealer is reluctant.

Regards
wanderingwolf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2019, 11:18   #832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderingwolf View Post
Hi,

The W11 (O) AT AWD model is only on made to order basis and no dealer has it in his inventory. Once you place the order, in spite of vociferous discouragement from the dealer (as his ready stocked inventory won’t move); the dealer will place the order with the factory and you’d receive your Cheeta after around 2 months.

I too own a W11 (O) AT AWD and believe me, Mahindra customer service moves mountains these days once You desire something. eMail Mahindra directly if you find that the dealer is reluctant.

Regards
I think dealers don't have much stock of the automatic variants in general atleast in Chennai, they need to place order. Manual is available off the shelf . They put in an order for my W7 AT, was delivered in 2 weeks.

Am really happy with Mahindra customer care, yes it does make a huge difference in attitude of the dealer after you have written to Mahindra customer care. Also a lot of follow ups on feedback.

Last edited by diwa : 20th July 2019 at 11:23.
Old 20th July 2019, 14:01   #833
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
The mystery of rattle continues. Just spoke to workshop, the issue is still open. They are still trying to figure out the source of rattle.

Spoke to Sandman offline, he is facing same kind of issue. We are planning to visit workshop tomorrow, will share update here.
Got the car back today. The steering rattle issue is sorted. Apparently steering column was faulty, they replaced the same.

I hope the next visit to workshop is only for 10k service.
Old 21st July 2019, 19:28   #834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbhikari View Post
W11? Any idea if it can be updated on W7 or W9 as well?
No man, I didnt check that.
Old 21st July 2019, 20:43   #835
Senior - BHPian

So much for high ground clearance SUV. I have no idea where this happened, just treaded some rain water that too very carefully.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-20190721_203837.jpg  

BANDHAV is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2019, 10:05   #836
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaurabhB View Post
Negatives
----------------
1. Rattles from the dashboard and 2nd row seats,

3. Battery discharging if not used for 3-4 days,
4. Crashes over potholes,
5. Harsh ride quality over broken roads (not comfortable at all),

10. Clutch lever is a bit tight,
Rattles aren't new for the XUV as is the harsh ride, while they have improved from the first gen, this issue continues.

Battery discharging issue plagues this new version, all other models/variants never had this issue. M&M needs to see where have they gone wrong.

Ride and comfort is a sore point for most [if not all] M&M's. Seats are very good, but the suspension ruins your experience.

Drove a friend's Storme done over 1.1K and it stil has soft [stock] clutch.

Quote:
So much for high ground clearance SUV. I have no idea where this happened, just treaded some rain water that too very carefully.
It is neither a high GC vehicle nor a SUV and those plastics are useless. Get metal sheets if you think you would scrape the underbelly.

How is the comfort in comparison to your Terrano?
Old 22nd July 2019, 10:12   #837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4$pd View Post
In what way do you say it works better than Android Auto?

In India - Carplay is gimped and AA is superior in my experience.

My experience with Android Auto in XUV has been buggy from the very beginning. I have faced two major problems:
  1. System used to freeze and then wouldn't resume come what may unless some rest was provided.
  2. Maps orientation will go for a toss every now and then with maps rotating randomly.
I talked to the Service Center and they insisted that I am not using a genuine cable. Whereas, I have always used One Plus cable. At least, I couldn't initiate voice commands by saying Hey Google or by pressing the voice button. The voice button opens up XUVs voice commands instead. Service center did a full firmware update but the problem was never resolved. As it's not my primary car, I didn't bother much. Another problem with Android Auto (nothing to do with XUV) is that you cannot pair multiple phones simultaneously (or at least I couldn't do). My primary phone is an iPhone so I used to have trouble receiving calls seamlessly with an Android phone connected.

I find Carplay much better over Android Auto. It doesn't' require a setup routine. You can connect any phone and the car's system becomes your system. I have not faced any navigation issue in Carplay whether it's G Maps, Apple Maps or Waze. I use Carplay in 2 other cars and the experience has been consistent. To my wonder, I am experiencing that audio quality has significantly improved after the update.
vivekshukla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2019, 11:31   #838
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post

It is neither a high GC vehicle nor a SUV and those plastics are useless. Get metal sheets if you think you would scrape the underbelly.

How is the comfort in comparison to your Terrano?
I am just not able to feel One with this car. Terrano used to feel like an extension of me. So intuitive to drive, driving this feel line chores. Not enjoying at all.

Small niggles like rattle noises, not so great ride quality, buggy HU etc are further diluting the overall experience.

Last edited by BANDHAV : 22nd July 2019 at 11:56.
BANDHAV is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2019, 14:47   #839
BHPian

Quote:
A similar incident happened to me last year during the flood times in Kerala. Mine is a W7 AT. The road to my workplace was flooded. It seemed ok at first, so I treaded the water carefully. After advancing for about 10 feet or so, I decided to back out from the water. Reversed back onto tarmac and there was this grating sound coming from the underside. I thought my bumper had came loose and on inspection found out that it was this black plastic piece on the underside that came loose. Tried calling Mahindra RSA which was of no use. I couldnt drive the car anywhere as the plastic was bent forward and driving it further would guarantee its breakage. Got hold of some rope and made a temporary arrangement so that I can drive the car.
Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-20180816_112305_hdr.jpg

It was raining cats and dogs and half of the roads were flooded. Finally, I found out a local service station with a raised platform. Got the car up there. Tried to see what really went wrong. Found that this plastic piece is actually held in place by 2 modest screws. The screws were still in place and the plastic piece probably got dislodged by the water. Managed to push the piece back, screwed it back and also tied it with some rope to finally solve the problem.
Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-20180816_130538.jpg
Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-20180816_131203.jpg
Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-20180816_131205.jpg
Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-20180816_131209.jpg

Last edited by GKR9900 : 23rd July 2019 at 15:02.
GKR9900 is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2019, 15:37   #840
Senior - BHPian

^^I am yet to get the replacement piece. Workshop has quoted me 3.5k for the part and then there would be labour. Considering the condition of roads here I feel that this would be a rather recurring expense. I am contemplating getting one done in metal.

A heads up would be great in case someone has got the same done on their XUV.
BANDHAV is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks