Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 24th July 2019, 00:18   #841
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
I am just not able to feel One with this car. Terrano used to feel like an extension of me. So intuitive to drive, driving this feel line chores. Not enjoying at all.
I had a hell (real hell) of a experience with a Scorpio before. Driving it felt like taking a ride on top of a snake. It does a ‘zig zag movement’ even on good roads. It was my cousins car and I always hated driving that thing. But loved that engine pick up. Mahindra are still not mastered a matured suspension tuning. Had once taken a ride in an XUV500 and thanked god that ride was very short.

I have driven a 110hp Duster extensively, loved it to the core. Bare interiors, less features not withstanding, that ride comfort is on another level. That is the only high GC car which I loved driving, I am basically a sedan person.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2019, 22:15   #842
BHPian

Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderingwolf View Post
Hi,

The W11 (O) AT AWD model is only on made to order basis and no dealer has it in his inventory....

Regards
Well I was informed about the same at the time of booking with the time period of 1-2 months which was fine with me, but after a month they told me that it was discontinued. I checked the website and it was true that AWD AT (O) was no longer listed and AWD was only given as optional in W11 (o) Manual. I didn't try the customer care though and settled for the W11 AT (O)
abhimanyu_singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2019, 09:51   #843
BHPian

Recently while returning to Kolkata from Bhubaneswar, somewhere before reaching Kharagpur, a small cow sitting on the NH, surprised by a truck which drove very close to it, jumped up and hit the left side of the front bumper of my XUV 500. I was driving @ approx. 50 Kmph and I felt a very minor thud sound hence drove on thinking that nothing major had happened. The Cow was allright and walked away.

After few kms i stopped by a road side tea stall and there i noticed that the plastic bumper had cracked, the fog light had broken, the engine cover had come loose. At the Mahindra ASS when the front bumper was opened before the Insurance surveyor, i found that the guard inside had also broken at places, the body panel over the front left tyre had also cracked. The left side headlight was fortunately intact.

I was left wondering with the quality that Mahindra is giving these days. A minor impact with a cow got me a bill of nearly 50k-60k, albeit will be paid by the Insurance Company as i have bumper-to-bumper zero-dep cover.
SaurabhB is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2019, 20:53   #844
Senior - BHPian

Got the 2nd free service done for the XUV. Costed me 5317. Paid for the Oil filter and Engine oil, also got the engine shield fitted as the same broke a while back.
BANDHAV is online now   Reply With Quote