Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2021, 20:27   #856

Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

I was looking at Harrier as my next car, but TASS seems a bit of a hit or miss.
I am now considering XUV500. I don't want to consider Hector and a decent Compass variant is out of budget. I am not really looking for lot of features that are expected with XUV700.

Is XUV500 W9 AT still a good option?
Old 25th April 2021, 22:45   #857
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishss View Post
The current gen XUV500 is a bit long in the tooth now but the VFM proposition is still hard to beat! Although I believe the production of the AT variants has been reduced considerably. But if you are getting an AT then nothing like it .
CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2021, 10:38   #858
BHPian

Quote:
I am now considering XUV500. I don't want to consider Hector and a decent Compass variant is out of budget. I am not really looking for lot of features that are expected with XUV700.

If you have liked the Harrier as a product then 'conceived' notion about TASS not being good should not bother you.
Harrier is overall good product and going by recent experiences, including my own, TASS is not a horror story anymore.

XUV 500 is at end of it's lifecycle and will depreciate like anything as soon as next model launches this year.

Compare XUV with Harrier as a product and take a call.
TASS should not be deal breaker IMO
DriveOnceMore is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2021, 18:57   #859
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
As a 3 year Tata user I can vouch for their service, yet to have a bad experience. I'm based in Bombay.
AZT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2021, 20:31   #860
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Right now its not a good time to buy cars in general - new models coming - production issues - may not get a discount etc, an otherwise happy and pleasant start can turn out to be a long wait.

You may want to compare against the new models coming up in a few months time before deciding.

We have about 7 XUVs belonging to all versions over the years in our friends and family circle, its a familiar vehicle and wont hesitate to buy another one if needed.

I suggest you test drive it and come back with your observations.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2021, 21:15   #861

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
If you have liked the Harrier as a product then 'conceived' notion about TASS not being good should not bother you.
Harrier is overall good product and going by recent experiences, including my own, TASS is not a horror story anymore.
Yes, I really like Harrier as a product. I haven't written off Harrier yet, will do a TD of all vehicles and decide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
As a 3 year Tata user I can vouch for their service, yet to have a bad experience. I'm based in Bombay.
Thanks for sharing your positive experience, I think that negative experiences get reported more than the positive ones. I guess I would need to find the RIGHT dealer/service center regardless of which car I choose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
I suggest you test drive it and come back with your observations.
Yes, will do. Thanks for your inputs.
Old 14th July 2021, 13:49   #862
BHPian

I am planning to buy a new car and planning to sell off my first-gen XUV500 2013 make. Since my requirement is for a 7 seater and my budget is not allowing me more than 18L on-road Delhi, is it worth re-considering XUV500 at this point in time?

Also, my XUV is very bouncy which is quite uncomfortable for 2nd-row and 3rd-row occupants. Is the latest gen XUV's ride sorted at high speeds and mountains? Comparatively, do you think ride quality is stable and less bouncy?
Old 14th July 2021, 15:12   #863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy View Post
is it worth re-considering XUV500 at this point in time
might as well make good my promise to explain later in post #862.

Since you already own the XUV there is not much to explain.

Incrementally the XUV is more refined and sorted now. Over the course of an extensive test drive in GGN at Atul Kataria Chowk and Maruti Kunj (where the roads are in a horrid state) the vehicle was composed. It is a smooth ride over rough patches at speed, but the suspension is not silent and lets you know as it goes about it work.

The Third row is still a gamble. Access is via a tumble system that requires you to crouch and shuffle, which isn't for everyone. I wasn't comfortable at all at my height of 5'11" but a shorter person say 5'5" will be. The car is not bouncy at even at the back, but you can feel the sway during weight transfer in the last row. So if you can sort out who goes where, its worth re-looking at. I'm not too worried about it going out of production. The Thar uses the same engine, the 3G has sold sufficient numbers as well so spares is not an issue. I don't much care about re-sale values because I use my car for 1.5 Lakh KM's and a long time before moving on. My 2007 Alto is at 1.3, my 2012 is Sunny at 80 Odd.

Spend some time with the car in the show room without the SA hovering over your head. I shooed mine away. Assess it once, it grows on you. Compared to newer cars like the Creta, Seltos you'll find a lot missing, ventilated seats, funky interiors, branded ICE etc. but for the asking price its very VFM. Also there are very good offers going on and if you squeeze the dealer hard enough you'll get a great deal.

In fact a dealer who missed a deal with me called offering the W9 AT at a price that was mouthwatering, however my car is in transit. DM me for any assistance including hooking you up with dealers.

Last edited by shady_lawyer : 14th July 2021 at 15:16. Reason: to and too is not four
shady_lawyer is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th July 2021, 23:17   #864
BHPian

does any one have an idea as to what these square(ish) punched out holes are? I saw them up close and there is nothing inside them! They are not present in the pre-3G version.

Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-xuv2.jpeg

Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-xuv1.jpeg

Photo Credit to Overdrive (https://www.overdrive.in/cars/mahindra/xuv500-m88/) here. Not blanking the plate because the image is already in public domain.
Old 16th July 2021, 23:46   #865
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady_lawyer View Post
does any one have an idea as to what these square(ish) punched out holes are? I saw them up close and there is nothing inside them! They are not present in the pre-3G version.
Do you mean the one’s on the spoiler near the HMSL?

If yes, then it’s the housing for the rear washer nozzles. IIRC XUV gets 2 nozzles even for the rear windshield unlike 1 in several other cars.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed