Team-BHP - Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/187351-mahindra-xuv500-facelift-coming-get-power-hike-edit-now-launched-rs-12-32-lakhs-9.html)

I think enough has been said about rear, so no need to repeat it. However i dont find the front that bad. Infact large loud grills on SUV upfront is a international trend. Look at ford, audi, merc etc. Mahindra may not have that finesse but they try :D.

In my view if the interiors and engine get an upgrade, it surely will continue to bring in good numbers. 3 positives will surely overcome the 1 negative.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TusharK (Post 4373916)
The upcoming Mahindra XUV500 facelift has been spotted without any camouflage, ahead of its rumoured launch in the month of April this year.
Link to Team-BHP News

Why Mahindra, why ? The current exterior design looks so good, why spoil it with such a hideous upgrade. Reminds of the drooping lip update the pre-fluidic verna received, spoiling a good looking previous gen.

Disappointed to see the exterior pics. Poorly conceived facelift.
Now I just hope that the Mahindras launch this botched up plastic surgery with fantastic new interior layout, carefully chosen materials and some new "segment-first" features. That and a good bump up in the power too. That's the only way Mahindras can survive after this harakiri.

Blasphemy!! i scream. Never try to fix what's not broken. Garish front, MUVish rear. The charm is gone. It might get a bump in power but I cannot live with how it looks. If it was me, I would buy the current one (while negotiating for a discount) over this one.

Or like someone said. Maybe they want to compete with the Innova? (though i think innova has more of a SUVish rear than MUV)

Uggo...

Why does Mahindra have to follow the trends of cheaper Chinese makers when they have the in-house talent to be as good as Ford, Hyundai or FCA?

Just look at what Tata has started churning out once they decided to actually give a damn...
I admire Mahindra and hope they can step up their game.

Well atleast they really proved that they own Ssangyong! lol:

I sent the pictures to my friend and he immediately remarked that the rear reminds him of the old Santro. I did a little comparison and sans the extra lamps on the hatch it does remind one of the older Santro.:D

Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-img_20180321_011516.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-collagemaker_20180321_011421029.jpg

The new look has actually changed the charactor of xuv500. It used to be sporty and flamboyant. Now it is more mature and lacks the sporty looks. This change would obviously annoy and disappoint hardcore fans of xuv but at the same time it might open up a new customer segment which wants less funky looks. The new look xuv is definitely influenced by Toyota.

RIP XUV500

I absolutely hate the rear. It's so much like Innova and brv which does not suit the XUV image at all

Mahindra should realise that adding power is not the only way to go ahead. There has to be refinement class and comfort to sell as much and at the price an Innova does.

Going against the trend, I feel the front looks more mature than the earlier over-done looks. As others have mentioned, big grills are the norm now.

I think it looks uglier in the white colour and the darker colours will look better with much more contrast with the chrome. Plus they could have added the bucktooth grill back here, so one must look at the brighter side of things.

Some truly premium TLC on the interiors coupled with ironing out of all electronic niggles can potentially catapult sales of the XUV5OO. There are plenty of people who are on the fence ONLY because of the fussy interiors.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJITHAAA (Post 4373988)
Mahindra will never fail to amaze :). While everybody else starts sedately and then goes for the loud, not Mahindra. They started loud with the XUV500 with teeth, whiskers and tribal motif's etc. and mellowed it down a notch in the second iteration. But now I think the XYLO team has been accommodated in the XUV team since the model is about to be canned and they can only see the XYLO in everything with 4 wheels. Hence this.
But hey it is still a cat, not the cheetah though but Mr.Bean's land lady's :D.

I think the back look is acceptable. Even the Audi's have a hunkered down look these days. The front looks overdone. But most importantly would like to see a feel good factor inside the cabin. Like the one you get on the Creta. Needless to mention also a niggle free production ready car! please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1.2TSI7DSG (Post 4374290)
RIP XUV500

I absolutely hate the rear

Lol. I second that. As a happy New Gen XUV Automatic owner, I was eagerly waiting to see how the facelift would turn out. But, Mahindra has disappointed me big time. Overly done front and an absolutely hideous rear.:deadhorse

Am fine with the exterior mods as long as they have improved on where it matters most - the interiors, the ride, the rattles etc.

Positive answers to the below would make this version work for me:

After all, from the cabin all I would see is the bonnet whose shape & muscle bulge still looks the same :)

Tried my hand at a cleaner version,

Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-xuvbackmod.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-xuvfrontmod.jpg

I remember when the XUV was launched, It just looked so much more modern than the then Scorpio model. Alas its a class clown now. :Frustrati

Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-old.jpg

This looks more like a Xylo facelift than XUV.:)

A cleaner tail lamp for it. Bit Ertiga'ish, but gives it a better look, IMO.

I am glad that the unnecessary bulge at the tail gate is gone now.

Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-xuv500rear.jpgMahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-img20180320wa0001_1.jpg