Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2018, 09:51   #196
Senior - BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
It looks much better with the wrap around. Maybe Mahindra should try out this look next time.
Old 6th April 2018, 12:25   #197
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

So they seem to have gotten "inspired" from the Fortuner - the side profile looks quite similar. Is the 3rd row glass even smaller now?

God, that tail light cluster!
No change in panels means there is a gaping hole with the smaller light. What have they filled it up with? Is that a plastic trim? That reminds me, there was a lot of noise initially when it was launched (or refreshed) about the front fenders being non-mental.
Old 6th April 2018, 13:43   #198
Senior - BHPian

Perhaps the best looking alloys suiting the entire body structure! A conglomeration made in heaven types diamond cut and the huge wheels make it just look hot! But isn’t this the beefed up version of the new Scross alloys?! Looks very much similar, isn’t it?

Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-5d60bbb4ee254e41a9f7b4d6184c98e5.jpeg

Pic source: Powerdrift FB page

Even though the power hike looks reasonable, it would’ve been good if they’d extracted the power uptil 170hp as spread in the rumours. Or am I missing something here by any chance? Pls correct me if I’m mistaken.

Headlamps only revision is the eyebrow DRL replaced with more or less straight looking DRL getting submerged into the assembly. High beam conventional halogen reflector setup whilst the projector set seem to have a better set of lamps compared to the earlier, I presume!

Nonetheless, Mahindra are pretty quick to respond to changes in the market and try to up their models with mid life updates to keep them running in the game.

Tail lamps look more of MUVish style. Hate it or love it design. Perhaps with time, it will seep in! Side profile looks untouched but I still want to compliment the wonderful design of the alloys again!

Not commenting on the grill design with chrome bits and a busy looking front bumper near the fog lamp assembly is certainly not a good thought.

Last edited by gururajrv : 6th April 2018 at 14:04.
Old 6th April 2018, 14:04   #199
Senior - BHPian

155PS looks good and inline with VARICOR 400. If i am correct both XUV and Hexa have same engine(AVL based) blocks and both initially came with tune of 120/140PS. Tata upped the game by tuning to 156 and Mahindra now followed the suit.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2018, 16:07   #200
BHPian

do we know if the 2nd row of seats can be moved forward and aft? That was one of key requirement for several people in early years when XUV was launched and was pitted against Innova. It would be good if XUV comes up with captain seat options.
Looks like a good mid-life refresh
Old 7th April 2018, 10:31   #201
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
So if leather dash is only W11 onwards do lower variants have current dash quality or is there an improvement?
There will be an improvement in the dashboard plastics, I am told. No wavy patterns on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
The already not so good ride over bad roads will further suffer. I wish to know, what is there in the O [option] list in W11, will wait for your scooped news
AWD AT option and the 18-inch diamond-cut dual tone alloys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baskar View Post
do we know if the 2nd row of seats can be moved forward and aft? That was one of key requirement for several people in early years when XUV was launched and was pitted against Innova. It would be good if XUV comes up with captain seat options.
Looks like a good mid-life refresh
Nope and nope.

2nd row of seats remain fixed. No captain seat options either.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th April 2018, 10:47   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There will be an improvement in the dashboard plastics, I am told. No wavy patterns on it.

If they can also get rid of the spider web shaped air vents and the recessions (level difference) on the dashboard, it will be even better. No need gimmicks, just follow what is the current trend in the industry and strive for good quality fit and finish.
Old 7th April 2018, 13:05   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
AWD AT option and the 18-inch diamond-cut dual tone alloys..
So you mean we will get AWD only in W11 now? No option for AWD in lower variants?
Old 7th April 2018, 14:13   #204
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
So you mean we will get AWD only in W11 now? No option for AWD in lower variants?
Note that I said AWD AT option, Nitin.
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th April 2018, 15:00   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here's more comprehensive info on the XUV500 facelift (exclusive to Team-BHP), courtesy one of my birdies:

- Power upgraded to 155HP (+15HP), with Torque upgraded to 360Nm (+30Nm).
- To be available in 5 variants - W5, W7, W9, W11 and W11 (Optional).
- Automatic option will be offered on W7, W9, W11 and W11 (Opt) variants.

Some details of each variant -
Great info ! We are interested in the W7 AT model but i hope this is not the final features list. We really want the hill assist/descent feature as it will be frequently used in the mountains. The list is also missing front fog lamps. For a 19L vehicle such things will be sorely missed.
I guess we`ll have to wait for 10 more days for the complete picture.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 8th April 2018 at 18:02. Reason: editing full quoted post
Old 9th April 2018, 15:54   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Somehow in the pic below, front grill does not look that bad. I guess it will take some time to get used to, just like when originally XUV came into life. Leather dash too looks neat.

Real sad part is that they did not add LED's, forget HID's, in the headlights when even they know that lower beam in XUV has been a pain area from day 1. Why Mahindra why. Charge extra from customer if you want and add LED's for god sake atleast in lower beams.

All the features are already present in current XUV so really cant make-out whats extra. I hope sunroof is not the part of Optional. Atleast have that in W9 as well like in current XUV.
The morimoto might be a good option if there is no LED upgrade on the headlight section. They ( M & M ) have not upgraded scorpio headlights either !
Ranga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2018, 16:37   #207
BHPian

Quote:
[*]Bonnet with Hydraulic Assist

More details awaited.
This is a feature from Mahindra for their most premium and sought-after SUV and that too in the top most model

Common Mahindra, Tata have been offering this in Safari since Inception (Read 90's), Time to grow up.
Old 11th April 2018, 09:53   #208
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
155PS looks good and inline with VARICOR 400. If i am correct both XUV and Hexa have same engine(AVL based) blocks and both initially came with tune of 120/140PS. Tata upped the game by tuning to 156 and Mahindra now followed the suit.
Most CR diesels are produced today with large stress margins for the scantlings, for further development. And since both engines have nearly identical bore/stroke dimensions - 85 mm x 96 mm, and tech. dissemination through industry osmosis is endemic, - it is just a matter of time before individual mfrs. get on with the job of develeping a unit further.

Last edited by shashanka : 11th April 2018 at 09:58.
shashanka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2018, 11:16   #209
BHPian

Contrary to the previous notion, the car looks better in these recent pictures, specially the side profile is much enhanced from these new 18” alloys. Still waiting to check out the car in person when it reaches the dealership.
Old 11th April 2018, 14:46   #210
BHPian

http://www.financialexpress.com/auto...april/1128166/

The launch of the facelift is just a week away. As per news, there will be 5 variants in diesel. Of these, 4 trims are also going to be offered with automatic transmission. The petrol variant will also be continued.
strawhat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed