Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2018, 17:48   #256
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSharan View Post
Quick comparison of the prices (Ex Showroom)

Tata Hexa Mahindra XUV5OO

XT 4x2 - 16.6L W11 FWD 16.43L, W9 FWD 15.23L

XTA 4x2 - 17.74L W11 FWD AT 17.63L, W9 FWD AT 16.43L

XT 4x4 - 17.91L W11(O) AWD 16.68L, W11 (O) AWD AT 17.88L

Massive undercutting by XUV5OO prices. This for sure is going to dent Hexa's numbers, as XUV5OO 's variants have better equipment and feature list than Tata Hexa. Tata Hexa would only outshine XUV5OO in terms of road manners and cabin space.
There are errors in the prices you quote above!

The W11(O) AWD is 17.68 and the W11 (O) AWD AT is 18.98.

Source: teamBHP news link
http://www.team-bhp.com/news/mahindr...d-rs-1232-lakh
abhishek46 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th April 2018, 18:00   #257
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Good move by Mahindra and the pricing is spot on. I think this will help Mahindra in attracting Creta and Compass customers. Hexa and XUV, I don’t think they ever impacted each other’s sale much.
Old 18th April 2018, 18:38   #258
Senior - BHPian

So after watching online launch, i straight away went to the showroom for a closer look. I have been driving XUV W6 from November 2011 and my comments are based on that.

The moment i saw a White XUV outside i could make out that its gonna be a nice looker. Went inside the showroom and it had Brown shade XUV on display. The moment i opened the front driver door, i could make out that these doors feel little heavy (Mind you my current XUV have been Damped properly for my Audio nirvana and they shut like any other premium car). This feeling was confirmed the moment i shut the door, typical Skoda "thud" (I have a skoda too). The doors were heavy but only the front ones, rear are same old ones types. Coming to Audio, this OEM system beats Nippon system ANYDAY. Trust me, it sounds so so much better now. And as they claim, you feel there's a sub at the back, but there is none. It would be very nice feel for a non audio junky(unlike me). You would not require to upgrade the system at all. Cabin noise too felt lower, maybe due to front doors (as MnM claims).

Darker shades looks fabulous and make that rear tail light livable. All those cries about rear lights actually looks OK in darker shade.

From rear i could feel there is height improvement. I could feel the departure angle to be much better than previous generation ones. Maybe those 18" Alloys were doing that trick, or maybe it has been increased due to work done on suspension (Not sure which).

Couldn't take a test drive but had the chance to fire it up. And Yes, there's a Growling noise (sweet sound) the moment you fire it up.

Seats look premium with soft feel. All in all, nice little upgrade, specially for people with first generation XUV's. Delhi prices were not announced when i was there so waiting for it.Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-img_20180418_152609.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-img_20180418_152617.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-img_20180418_152708.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-img_20180418_152723.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-img_20180418_152746.jpg
nitinralli is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 18th April 2018, 18:57   #259
BHPian

Shocking to find out Mahindra removed Side & curtain airbags from W9 (equivalent to former W8). The Side & curtain airbags are now available only in top W11 and W11(O). Also, It would have been excellent if Power folding side mirrors were added to W7 as well.

Last edited by superbhikari : 18th April 2018 at 19:19.
Old 18th April 2018, 20:26   #260
BHPian

Why does the motorbeam review in post#239 say the GC is 160MM. Check the video at timeline 1:48. I thought it was close to 200MM. Has this changed, or is it just another shoddy reporting ? The update looks better in the darker shades.

Last edited by SR-71 : 18th April 2018 at 20:28.
Old 18th April 2018, 21:00   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Why does the motorbeam review in post#239 say the GC is 160MM. Check the video at timeline 1:48. I thought it was close to 200MM. Has this changed, or is it just another shoddy reporting ? The update looks better in the darker shades.
It must be the laden ground clearance of the vehicle according to the new ARAI norms.http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...en-weight.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbhikari View Post
Shocking to find out Mahindra removed Side & curtain airbags from W9 (equivalent to former W8). The Side & curtain airbags are now available only in top W11 and W11(O). Also, It would have been excellent if Power folding side mirrors were added to W7 as well.
The W8 did had the 6 airbags & leather upholstery but the W9 always came with dual front airbags only. The safety has been compromised for additional cost balance of the sun roof.

Last edited by Zappo : 19th April 2018 at 18:26. Reason: No back to back posts please. Use the Multiquote option to respond to everyone in a single post.
Fulcrum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2018, 22:05   #262
Senior - BHPian

Is that a fake 'leather stitch' on the dashboard or is it real leather? I hate these fake stitches (which even the Hexa has)
Old 18th April 2018, 22:51   #263
BHPian

While this is a good upgrade, I would have been even more happier if Mahindra had done something to increase the boot space with 3rd row seats up. I feel BRV is better in this aspect.
Old 18th April 2018, 23:01   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Is that a fake 'leather stitch' on the dashboard or is it real leather? I hate these fake stitches (which even the Hexa has)
Its impossible to offer real leather to a car at this price point. And you also wouldn't want to have real leather in your car! You cannot stand the smell, heat and costs a bomb to maintain.
Just wondering if there are cars at all that offer real leather.
abhi7013 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2018, 23:26   #265
BHPian

Nice to see the Indian SUV fight being taken to the next level.

Had a short walk-around of the new XUV today; from some angles, the design does look inspired from the Tatas and Toyotas of the world...

The XUV's front is now quite tame, with no criss cross lines, edges and aggression of yore.

Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-hexa-vs-xuv.png

Rear is relatively better in profile, but the fake lamps on the tail gate are a put off though.

Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-toyota-xuv.png

Even lesser cars are providing functional lights at the tailgate these days.
Missed opportunity in not providing a LED set-up which even the Scorpio has. And what's with the upright doggy tail rear-wiper?

Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-img_20180418_185012-nk.jpg

The vehicle looks good in dark colors and the alloy wheel's design seemed rather sporty.

Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-img_20180418_185146-2.jpg

Interiors are ok for the price-range, but can't comment on the textures as most of it was plastic wrapped.

Arkamys music system is not class-best (read not Harman/JBL!) but can be improved by a speaker upgrade.

To be noted was that the NVH and sound insulation of the engine compartment seemed quite good and no gruff diesel sound was heard from outside the car too. Awaiting a TD soon for more on the driving experience.

Priced very competitively (especially the Automatic tranny), it should help get more customers interested.

Last edited by Moto$apien : 18th April 2018 at 23:29. Reason: Spell-check
Moto$apien is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th April 2018, 06:21   #266
Team-BHP Support

Had a look at the new XUV yesterday and I liked it than the one it replaces, the classic XUV still looks the best and this one is a close second. The front doors and the rear hatch appear a bit heavy and save for the interior dashboard/AC vent design, I like the way they have covered it with the art leather thing, seats look real premium and the black color in the display car had a very nice paint luster. Alloy wheels looked neat.
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2018, 10:59   #267
BANNED

Guys... I don't mean to sound negative in the midst of XUV enthusiasts here. But really, this is a ho hum update. I am personally in the market for a 7 seater SUV, and I was eagerly waiting for this update with 4 major expectations.

1.) A bigger boot. Even a nominal 200 liter boot would have extended the use of the car in a big way.

2.) Slidable 2nd and 3rd rows. Or at least just a slidable 2nd row. This would have made that 3rd row really useful for people up to 5'10" tall.

3.) Ability to lean back the backrests in the 2nd and 3rd rows. Even the Ertiga has this feature.

4.) Apple car play

No dice. This update of the XUV is truly disappointing. They have not provided even one new feature of real value. Yes, the power's gone up a bit. But frankly, I have not heard anyone complain of the older XUVs being under powered. So, I would imagine that this power increase is certainly not the biggest priority for a lot of customers. I mean, given the extra power, we will all take it. But, it would have been better if Mahindra had focused on adding one or two real feature updates.
mohansrides is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th April 2018, 11:14   #268
BHPian

I see the XUV5OO as a spacious, large 5 seater SUV, nothing more than that. I look at the 7 seater concept of XUV as "just in case" for some short rides with relatives & kids when they visit your home. Why people call XUV as a butch vehicle and having a sporty stance ? is because, they have compacted the length and loss of boot space, else, this car will also look like Innova or HEXA and we will call it "Van" looking. So, this way or that way and each one has the preference.

So, a bigger boot will spoil the stance
slidable 2nd row - yes, that could have helped the 3rd row passengers
slidable 3rd row - where will it slide ?
Ability to lean back - yes, 2nd row backrest can be pushed back even in my 2013 W8

This is my take - if we want 7 seats and luggage space, a roof mounted rack for those long trips can be considered.

Swami

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohansrides View Post
Guys... I don't mean to sound negative in the midst of XUV enthusiasts here. But really, this is a ho hum update. I am personally in the market for a 7 seater SUV, and I was eagerly waiting for this update with 4 major expectations.

1.) A bigger boot. Even a nominal 200 liter boot would have extended the use of the car in a big way.

2.) Slidable 2nd and 3rd rows. Or at least just a slidable 2nd row. This would have made that 3rd row really useful for people up to 5'10" tall.

3.) Ability to lean back the backrests in the 2nd and 3rd rows. Even the Ertiga has this feature.

4.) Apple car play

No dice. This update of the XUV is truly disappointing. They have not provided even one new feature of real value. Yes, the power's gone up a bit. But frankly, I have not heard anyone complain of the older XUVs being under powered. So, I would imagine that this power increase is certainly not the biggest priority for a lot of customers. I mean, given the extra power, we will all take it. But, it would have been better if Mahindra had focused on adding one or two real feature updates.
swami69 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th April 2018, 11:20   #269
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami69 View Post
... Why people call XUV as a butch vehicle and having a sporty stance ? is because, they have compacted the length and loss of boot space, else, this car will also look like Innova or HEXA and we will call it "Van" looking. So, this way or that way and each one has the preference.

So, a bigger boot will spoil the stance
slidable 2nd row - yes, that could have helped the 3rd row passengers
slidable 3rd row - where will it slide ?
Ability to lean back - yes, 2nd row backrest can be pushed back even in my 2013 W8

This is my take - if we want 7 seats and luggage space, a roof mounted rack for those long trips can be considered.

Swami
You make a valid point. I myself have thought about what a longer car would mean for the image of the XUV. But seriously, they could have carved out space by thinning the seats all round (they have done that in the BRV). Even adding another 6 inches to the boot floor would mean a couple of back packs can be shoved there with all seats up.

My bad, I didn't know that the 2nd row had reclining back rests. Will check this out.

Roof racks are dangerous in my opinion. The high CG just scares me in the turns.
Old 19th April 2018, 12:25   #270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Had a look at the new XUV yesterday and I liked it than the one it replaces, the classic XUV still looks the best and this one is a close second. The front doors and the rear hatch appear a bit heavy and save for the interior dashboard/AC vent design, I like the way they have covered it with the art leather thing, seats look real premium and the black color in the display car had a very nice paint luster. Alloy wheels looked neat.
+100

The first generation looks are still the best. The whole idea of having a aggressive face was there in first generation, the real Cheetah. Later on with second generation, they lost the plot and made it tamed Office going Cheetah
nitinralli is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed