Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2018, 12:35   #331
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Liked everything about the plush xuv when i went to the showroom and had a short test drive. Sadly no auto variant available for TD`s currently but the sales rep has promised he will arrange it as soon as he can. Now the only thing stopping us from the upgrade is the ridiculous price which is being offered for our current XUV. The valuation guy working at the showroom gave us a quote of 7.2 L ! We`d rather use it for another year or so if this is the case since it has hardy done 18k kms till now. Will keep looking for a better offer.
Old 30th April 2018, 13:51   #332
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
The valuation guy working at the showroom gave us a quote of 7.2 L ! We`d rather use it for another year or so if this is the case since it has hardy done 18k kms till now. Will keep looking for a better offer.
Which Model and year of XUV is it ? I also have an XUV W6 2014 and planning to exchange
Old 30th April 2018, 19:18   #333
BHPian

Honestly if your existing XUV has done only 18000 kms what is the reason for looking at another XUV. Is it that your car is a base trim ? Then probably yes to change, but still 18K is too low to look for another similar vehicle. Just my thought

Swami

Quote:
Liked everything about the plush xuv when i went to the showroom and had a short test drive. Sadly no auto variant available for TD`s currently but the sales rep has promised he will arrange it as soon as he can. Now the only thing stopping us from the upgrade is the ridiculous price which is being offered for our current XUV. The valuation guy working at the showroom gave us a quote of 7.2 L ! We`d rather use it for another year or so if this is the case since it has hardy done 18k kms till now. Will keep looking for a better offer.
Old 1st May 2018, 18:37   #334
BHPian

The new 2018 Mahindra XUV5OO TVC.
Source:CarToq
https://www.cartoq.com/mahindra-xuv5...eleased-video/

Last edited by Fulcrum : 1st May 2018 at 18:40. Reason: Link to the CarToq news added.
Fulcrum is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2018, 12:22   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
https://www.cartoq.com/mahindra-xuv5...eleased-video/
That's some super cool stuff. Brilliant TVC. How many Car TVCs tell a story? Liked the part where the DRL is visible beneath the dust storm. The car does look like a monster.

Last edited by SDP : 3rd May 2018 at 00:08. Reason: Deleting the video link from the quote
prince0407 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2018, 14:07   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince0407 View Post

Only drawback with the XUV, that I foresee is the sheer size. Mind you, I will be upgrading from a Swift. When compared on VFM, it would any day beat Creta hands down though. And that's exactly what's adding to the confusion.
Don't worry about the size at all, it is how quickly you get used to and matter of few days. Few years back I had upgraded from Maruti Zen to Aria
FirstRay is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2018, 15:32   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
Apparently, the guy listens to 94.1 FM during the daring getaway
mustang_shelby is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2018, 16:03   #338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Would you like the seven different types of plastic on the dashboard or this? At this price point, I am glad they finally sorted out the plastics where possible.

Overall the XUV remains a terrific bargain for what it offers.
Well, my point is, just leave the plastic as plastic (like other cars do), don't have the fake stitch (which actually may cost some money). But I haven't seen the fit and finish of the refreshed car. Hope it is better than the previous version.
Old 2nd May 2018, 19:12   #339
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Well, my point is, just leave the plastic as plastic (like other cars do), don't have the fake stitch (which actually may cost some money).
The fake leather finished panels on the W11 look neat and well finished for a Mahindra, wonder why would they did not make those standard fitment across all the variants which would be more inline with their plush marketing campaign.
manson is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2018, 21:18   #340
BHPian

Quote:
The valuation guy working at the showroom gave us a quote of 7.2 L ! We`d rather use it for another year or so if this is the case since it has hardy done 18k kms till now. Will keep looking for a better offer.
The buyer is trying to rip you off by quoting such a low price. If it is a post 2015 model, a car driven for just 18k will easily fetch you close to 9.5 lakhs ( In Bangalore )
Old 3rd May 2018, 11:04   #341
BHPian

Last week i did manual test drive, and this week AT, i really liked it very much.

AT drive is much better, went for a longer 10 km test drive, and it is super smooth to drive it in high traffic...

Shortlisted W11 variant, hopefully will get the car delivered in 4 to 6 weeks, eagerly waiting.
testing2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2018, 11:39   #342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by testing2000 View Post
Last week i did manual test drive, and this week AT, i really liked it very much.

AT drive is much better, went for a longer 10 km test drive, and it is super smooth to drive it in high traffic...

Shortlisted W11 variant, hopefully will get the car delivered in 4 to 6 weeks, eagerly waiting.
Congratulations. I am sure you will enjoy your XUV.
Due to work and travel, i am unable to take test drives and getting repeated calls from the dealer - I guess the lower trims are available off the shelf with relatively lesser waiting period.
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2018, 12:21   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstRay View Post
Don't worry about the size at all, it is how quickly you get used to and matter of few days. Few years back I had upgraded from Maruti Zen to Aria
If XUV is driven on wide roads then no issue. But if you take it to tight by-lanes its size becomes very much an irritant. In my office elevator parking i can see XUVs struggling to park. XUV is a very wide car. At 1.89 meter it is actually wider than a fortuner/crysta. Add to that a wide turning radius of 5.6 meters make matter worse. For comparison Safari Storme had a turning radius of 5.4 meters.
Old 3rd May 2018, 13:45   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
If XUV is driven on wide roads then no issue. But if you take it to tight by-lanes its size becomes very much an irritant.
Agreed, width of the road does have a role to play. But again it is a matter of getting used to. I recently took my Hexa to Mussoorie without actually knowing what is in store for me. Driving something like Hexa through those narrow lanes was an experience itself and learned a thing or two in that process. Now I feel more comfortable driving my Hexa in tight by-lanes.
FirstRay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2018, 14:22   #345
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

I drove the Aria through tight lanes around lake Pichola at Udaipur and the high seating position helps. XUV is not too hard to manage.

Most Viewed