Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2018, 15:08   #346
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Which Model and year of XUV is it ? I also have an XUV W6 2014 and planning to exchange
W4 Sep 2015 installed with fog lamps, parking sensors and a rear view camera from the showroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami69 View Post
Honestly if your existing XUV has done only 18000 kms what is the reason for looking at another XUV. Is it that your car is a base trim ? Then probably yes to change, but still 18K is too low to look for another similar vehicle. Just my thought

Swami
Well base trim is not that much of a problem but manual transmission is. Dad wants an auto now since its becoming very difficult for him to drive in the city. I agree 18k is too low for this car that`s why we are not trying to rush this deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satishv1987 View Post
The buyer is trying to rip you off by quoting such a low price. If it is a post 2015 model, a car driven for just 18k will easily fetch you close to 9.5 lakhs ( In Bangalore )
That must be for the higher models (W8 etc). I think a fair price for our XUV would be around 8.5 L if we find a direct buyer.

Last edited by faithless_1984 : 3rd May 2018 at 15:13.
Old 3rd May 2018, 15:14   #347
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post

That must be for the higher models (W8 etc). I think a fair price for our XUV would be around 8.5 L if we find a direct buyer.
In Bangalore/Karnataka, on road prices are higher hence used car also sell for higher price. For W4 7.5L dealer price sounds fair in Delhi. You will get a better deal if selling to individual buyer.
PrideRed is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2018, 08:30   #348
Senior - BHPian

I took the test drive of the automatic and pretty impressive combination. However I feel there has been no change and the car felt same as before.

How reliable is this AT box? Can some existing owners with long mileage shed more light? Also how is the maintenance cost compared to manual variant?

I am considering this seriously. My running will be around 60km daily in Bangalore and with long drives too which add up to 20k kms per year

Also I definitely would avoid the top end just for the quilted seats. It somehow felt cheap and also awkward.

Last edited by rajshenoy : 7th May 2018 at 08:35.
Old 7th May 2018, 13:51   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
How reliable is this AT box? Can some existing owners with long mileage shed more light? Also how is the maintenance cost compared to manual variant? I am considering this seriously. My running will be around 60km daily in Bangalore and with long drives too which add up to 20k kms per year.
I don't know if I qualify as a long term user with just 21k on the odo but so far there has been absolutely no issues with either the AT box or the car in general. I also drive it daily in Bangalore for 20+ kms and believe me it is a breeze to drive and still puts a smile on my face everytime I climb in. Brilliant AT and an awesome machine. Go for it.
simonkayar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2018, 15:13   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince0407 View Post

Sounds assuring. Will get a TD next week and share my experience.

Regards,
Pratyush
Got two test drives. One on highway for about 6 KMs. Another in city traffic for about 4 KMs which covered 3 traffic signals. Must say the car is a breeze. The response is prompt and as smooth as it could get. The manual mode too is very easy to operate. The SA told me to drive in a zigzag manner to gauge the body roll. Absolutely zero!!

The NVH has been reduced significantly. Oodles of space inside the cabin. Every function is ergonomically placed. The head unit seems well stuffed. A decent improvement over its predecessor. Really loved the experience.

Just waiting for the evaluation of my Swift VXI. Will go ahead with the booking post that. The dealer says there's a W7 AT at their disposal. If I book it, I can get the same immediately.

As someone rightly pointed out, the quilted leather seats of W11 seems like after-market stuff and doesn't really look that premium. Fabric seat looks much better.

Regards
Pratyush

Last edited by prince0407 : 7th May 2018 at 15:32. Reason: Fixed quote.
prince0407 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2018, 15:53   #351
BHPian

Can someone suggest whether the rear-view camera can be fitted the way it is in top variants instead of drilling the bumper? I hate my bumpers getting drilled.

Also, if someone can suggest whether the ORVMs can be made electrically foldable as well? Will help while conversing with the accessory guy?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Pratyush
Old 7th May 2018, 16:38   #352
BHPian

Now that Mahindra has launched the plush new XUV500 with a petrol variant again, I'm guessing they were getting some numbers for the same in the earlier iteration, or they would have shelved the idea of having a petrol in the facelifted version. Any idea about the sales figures of the pre-facelifted petrol variant? Does anyone in team-bhp know of anyone who owns one and who can share some light on his/her experience with it?
Old 7th May 2018, 18:33   #353
APV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince0407 View Post

Just waiting for the evaluation of my Swift VXI. Will go ahead with the booking post that. The dealer says there's a W7 AT at their disposal. If I book it, I can get the same immediately.
Good Luck mate. I upgraded to XUV W8 last year. My transition was like this => SwiftVXI - Etios GD - XUV W8. You are skipping one step.

I am sure you will enjoy this car.
APV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2018, 19:07   #354
BHPian

I have been driving W10 AT for the last 2 years with 35k on odo. I have been very happy with engine + transmission combo. We did a road trip to Mcleodganj as well and it held up on highways and mountains.
Old 7th May 2018, 20:45   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by troublemaker View Post
I have been driving W10 AT for the last 2 years with 35k on odo. I have been very happy with engine + transmission combo
This might seem like a naive question, but how much of an upgrade would the XUV be to a Vento owner? I really enjoy driving my Vento. Thinking of picking up a W7 AT which seems immense value for the money!
Old 7th May 2018, 21:47   #356
BHPian

Ok, so I also have a 2013 Vento TDI HL. I'll be very honest with you that XUV does not have the classy quality of Vento. You will have to let go the amazing feel driving a VW but once you do that, you will enjoy your XUV.
troublemaker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2018, 22:32   #357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKR9900 View Post
This might seem like a naive question, but how much of an upgrade would the XUV be to a Vento owner? I really enjoy driving my Vento. Thinking of picking up a W7 AT which seems immense value for the money!
If you are used to the DSG, then I feel you will notice the difference in the way AT shifts. I dont own XUV, but this is my observation based on my test drive. There is an awkward delay(minor) when you floor the pedal because the frugal AT box prefers to be on higher gears. Please go through the official TBHP review of XUV AT. I felt the same during my TD
rajshenoy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2018, 23:02   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by troublemaker View Post
I'll be very honest with you that XUV does not have the classy quality of Vento.
This was exactly what I dreaded hearing. In that sense, the only logical upgrade would be the Compass it seems. Apart from stretching my budget, I would miss out on the autobox and will have to live with just 2 airbags even after spending almost 23L for the Limited trim. Hence the thought of getting the XUV W7 AT. It's either go the full distance and get the Jeep or get an XUV W7 AT and save/invest the rest. Unfortunately, I'm more inclined towards the latter. But the Jeep really pulls on some heart strings

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
If you are used to the DSG, then I feel you will notice the difference in the way AT shifts. I dont own XUV, but this is my observation based on my test drive. There is an awkward delay(minor) when you floor the pedal because the frugal AT box prefers to be on higher gears.
I had experienced the same when I took TD of the last gen XUV. Apart from this minor issue, I felt that the engine gearbox combo is pretty sweet, just as it is told in the official review. Yet to take a TD of the plush new one! My Vento is a manual. The traffic conditions are edging me to jump aboard the autobox bandwagon. The XUV sure is an upgrade on paper. Better engine, competent and convenient gearbox, multi link suspension, all wheel disc brakes, ESP, space and presence, and some really thoughtful goodies like auto wipers even in W7 trim. Even the C segment sedans look overpriced when this is considered. It's the finer aspects like how the interior would hold up in the long run, would it plaster a grin on my face every time I take it out etc that I am worried about. Hence the comparison.

Last edited by GKR9900 : 7th May 2018 at 23:06.
Old 8th May 2018, 06:56   #359
BHPian

This is high time GTO should come into the picture to guide we poor guys, first with expert comments and then by detailed review/comparison.
kbishwa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2018, 09:44   #360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKR9900 View Post
The XUV sure is an upgrade on paper. Better engine, competent and convenient gearbox,
We seem to be on the same boat.

Honestly, apart from that Top spec (O) trim which comes with the upgraded Engine - all the other variants have the same old combination. So I don't think there is any change in those aspects if you are looking for W7 or even W9. Car looks same except for new seat fabric.

I feel I should wait until there is clarity on their MPV(if that comes with AT) as it would have more usable 3rd row seating+boot.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks