Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2018, 10:06   #361
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
We seem to be on the same boat.
Honestly, apart from that Top spec (O) trim which comes with the upgraded Engine - all the other variants have the same old combination. So I don't think there is any change in those aspects if you are looking for W7 or even W9. Car looks same except for new seat fabric.
All variants now come with the upgraded engine. Apart from this, the difference between the earlier W6 and the current W7 is that the latter misses out on electrically folding ORVMs. Not a major deal-breaker IMO. W9 seems a bit steep for the price especially since its tax slab is higher. Stretching it till W11(O) AWD AT would make me feel bad that I didnt go for the Compass So I'm keenly considering the W7 AT. Looking at the XUV as a really spacious 5 seater like someone mentioned earlier, so the MPV is out for me.
GKR9900 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2018, 10:42   #362
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKR9900 View Post
This might seem like a naive question, but how much of an upgrade would the XUV be to a Vento owner? I really enjoy driving my Vento. Thinking of picking up a W7 AT which seems immense value for the money!
I currently own 2015 Polo and my XUV delivery is scheduled for May 10th.

-Plastics are definitely better on VW, but the new plush XUV interiors are huge improvement over the previous version and the all black color theme gives you upmarket'ish feeling

-Suspension setup, on the scale of 1-10 (10 being the highest), If am rating VW, 10 and I would rate XUV, 7, keeping the height of XUV in mind.

-Engine, trust me mHawk is on par with TDI if not better. ( I owned Scorpio with mHawk for over 6yrs, and on XUV in the higher state of tune, its world class).

-Seating is much better in XUV, since it is more roomier and great amount of leg space and reclining middle row seats. Since all the seats fold flat, there are various seating combinations you can try, depending on your mood!!

-And yeah, loads of bells and whistles, audio system sounds lot better now.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Rajesh

Last edited by 2500cc : 8th May 2018 at 10:45.
2500cc is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th May 2018, 10:44   #363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All variants now come with the upgraded engine. Apart from this, the difference between the earlier W6 and the current W7 is that the latter misses out on electrically folding ORVMs. Not a major deal-breaker IMO. W9 seems a bit steep for the price especially since its tax slab is higher. Stretching it till W11(O) AWD AT would make me feel bad that I didnt go for the Compass So I'm keenly considering the W7 AT. Looking at the XUV as a really spacious 5 seater like someone mentioned earlier, so the MPV is out for me.
Great, i think the SA confused me by saying that only the top variant has the 155hp motor.

I just confirmed the same on the official website too which is a good news.

Engine (Diesel)
(Not Available in G AT Variant) mHawk155 Diesel Engine, 6th Generation Electronically Controlled Variable Geometry Turbocharger (eVGT)
https://www.mahindraxuv500.com/?id=specification
Old 8th May 2018, 14:56   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Apart from this, the difference between the earlier W6 and the current W7 is that the latter misses out on electrically folding ORVMs. Not a major deal-breaker IMO. W9 seems a bit steep for the price especially since its tax slab is higher.
The difference between W7AT and W9AT OTR price here in Pune is some 1.85 Lakh. With this additional 1.85 Lakh, you get anti-pinch sunroof, front fog lamps, rear view camera with dynamic assist, auto-folding ORVM, chrome fog lamp bezel, telescopic steering adjustment, express down driver window, Tyretronics, ESP and TCS.

Though only rear view camera and fog lamps seems to be necessities and other features luxury, still the actual impact on EMI will be negligible if one is opting for finance route. ESP and TCS will seat somewhere in-between necessity and luxury, IMO.

I have also shortlisted XUV and will be booking the same in a couple of days. Have got two test drives and was mighty impressed with the overall performance, driveability and feedback- be it steering or brakes. The current gen XUV seems the best VFM in its segment.

Regards,
Pratyush
prince0407 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2018, 15:47   #365
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince0407 View Post
The difference between W7AT and W9AT OTR price here in Pune is some 1.85 Lakh. With this additional 1.85 Lakh, you get anti-pinch sunroof, front fog lamps, rear view camera with dynamic assist, auto-folding ORVM, chrome fog lamp bezel, telescopic steering adjustment, express down driver window, Tyretronics, ESP and TCS.
I think the W9 also gets alloy wheels over the W7, I really wish they had included the leather finished dash panels for the W9 though.
Old 8th May 2018, 19:50   #366
BHPian

Bangalore price list attached. The W7 AT has been priced beautifully. Do you think one can negotiate down the handling and incidental charges?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-7c56dab4e61749f38f5542cdbef46c74.jpeg  

Silverfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2018, 19:58   #367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Had a quick drive in it last night. Hated it - such talent screwed up by stupid ergonomics, horrible seats and controls (gearshift). Good power delivery though
Agreed. Been using XUV5OO for 5 yrs & 2018 seats are definitely not as comfortable as the 2013. Never felt tired in XUV5OO which is one big advantage during long drives, not sure how this latest model will fare on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbishwa View Post
This is high time GTO should come into the picture to guide we poor guys, first with expert comments and then by detailed review/comparison.
There is a long queue already waiting

Quote:
ESP and TCS will seat somewhere in-between necessity and luxury, IMO.
I would say ESP is a very important feature to have with all those uncertainties that we face in our highways (cyclist, cows, jaywalkers etc)
Old 9th May 2018, 12:34   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by APV View Post
Good Luck mate. I upgraded to XUV W8 last year. My transition was like this => SwiftVXI - Etios GD - XUV W8. You are skipping one step.

I am sure you will enjoy this car.
Yeah, looking forward to some beautiful memories with the car..

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
I think the W9 also gets alloy wheels over the W7, I really wish they had included the leather finished dash panels for the W9 though.
Yes, W9 gets alloy wheel too. Even W11 gets the same 17" alloys as in W9. Only the W11 (O) gets the 18" diamond-cut alloys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfire View Post
Bangalore price list attached. The W7 AT has been priced beautifully. Do you think one can negotiate down the handling and incidental charges?
Oh, certainly. If you happen to be a tough bargainer, you can even waive off this charge completely. Additionally, you can bring down the insurance (zero dep) charge by some 19/20K. Higher the variants, more the discount on insurance. I myself have done the same and brought down the OTR by some 25 odd thousands. Don't know your profile, but ask them for corporate discounts as well, which is 8000. But, it's always advisable to opt for extended warranty as opting for the same later will incur additional rupees. You can go through the "How to buy a NEW car in India" post here in this forum. It's quite exhaustive and very very helpful.

Cheers!!
Pratyush
Old 10th May 2018, 07:50   #369
BHPian

Quote:
The difference between W7AT and W9AT OTR price here in Pune is some 1.85 Lakh.
ESP and TCS will seat somewhere in-between necessity and luxury, IMO.
I have also shortlisted XUV and will be booking the same in a couple of days. Have got two test drives and was mighty impressed with the overall performance, driveability and feedback- be it steering or brakes. The current gen XUV seems the best VFM in its segment.
I was checking the carwale on road price quote at Kochi which showed a difference of 2.7 lakhs between W7 AT and W9 AT. And the W7 AT gets ESP, TCS and hill hold too. I will be missing telescopic steering and autofolding mirrors the most. Rear view camera and fog lamps can be added. Not a fan of the alloys on W9, but really liked the W11(O) alloys. Picking up a W7 allows me to change into aftermarket alloys and bigger tires some time later too.

What I am really worried is about the screwed up ergonomics part shared earlier by our bhpians. The previous gen I drove seemed very comfortable although I hadnt driven it for long distances. A test drive is due this weekend and the official team bhp review should clarify things!
Old 10th May 2018, 12:34   #370
BHPian

Quote:
I was checking the carwale on road price quote at Kochi which showed a difference of 2.7 lakhs between W7 AT and W9 AT. And the W7 AT gets ESP, TCS and hill hold too. I will be missing telescopic steering and autofolding mirrors the most. Rear view camera and fog lamps can be added. Not a fan of the alloys on W9, but really liked the W11(O) alloys. Picking up a W7 allows me to change into aftermarket alloys and bigger tires some time later too.

What I am really worried is about the screwed up ergonomics part shared earlier by our bhpians. The previous gen I drove seemed very comfortable although I hadnt driven it for long distances. A test drive is due this weekend and the official team bhp review should clarify things!
Here in Pune, if one hard bargains on the insurance and incidental charges, the actual on road difference will come down to below 2 Lakh. 2.7 Lakh difference sounds odd to me. W7 AT at its price seems a bargain, IMO. You install rear-view camera, fog lamps and you are on!

Didn't really notice any anomaly in the ergonomics during my 2 test drives. Only misplacement seems to be the power on/off button. Kids can easily reach and tinker with it. Rest all seems to be placed where it's supposed to be.

Regards,
Pratyush
prince0407 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2018, 22:23   #371
BHPian

Quote:
2.7 Lakh difference sounds odd to me. W7 AT at its price seems a bargain, IMO. You install rear-view camera, fog lamps and you are on!
The major difference comes due to different road tax rates for cars with ex showroom prices above and below Rs 15 Lakh ex showroom.

Quote:
Didn't really notice any anomaly in the ergonomics during my 2 test drives. Only misplacement seems to be the power on/off button. Kids can easily reach and tinker with it. Rest all seems to be placed where it's supposed to be.
Considering that the not so good early impressions regarding flawed ergonomics were regarding the manual variant, especially the clutch and gearbox, hope it's safe to assume that the AT is free of those. The TD car available is a W11 variant. As W7 misses out on telescopic steering, I am a bit apprehensive about the high steering position as told in the early impressions.
GKR9900 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2018, 12:56   #372
BHPian

Quote:

I have also shortlisted XUV and will be booking the same in a couple of days.

Regards,
Pratyush
Booked my XUV5OO yesterday. Though the initial plan was to buy W7, my over ambitious nature got better of me and I ended of booking the top-spec W11 (O) AT. Was a bit confused between Pearl White and Lakeside Brown colors. Went ahead with the ubiquitous White. The front grille comes through beautifully in White.

So, that's quite an upgrade from a Swift VXI, I think.

The dealer is asking for some 25-odd days which is fine with me. Though I really can't wait to lay my hands on this monster of a machine.

Regards,
Pratyush
prince0407 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2018, 13:12   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Booked my XUV5OO yesterday. Though the initial plan was to buy W7, my over ambitious nature got better of me and I ended of booking the top-spec W11 (O) AT.
Congratulations.

It is always better to get the top-end variant with all bells and whistles fitted from company. After market can be a cheaper option but in longer run one might suffer from electrical failures or warranty issues.
roby_dk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2018, 13:16   #374
BHPian

Congrats. I have booked the W11 (O) Automatic AWD. I have booked it in Mystic Copper. No idea how it's gonna look. No pics of that color apart from launch day pictures.
Raghav_K is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th May 2018, 14:27   #375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Booked my XUV5OO yesterday. Though the initial plan was to buy W7, my over ambitious nature got better of me and I ended of booking the top-spec W11 (O) AT. Was a bit confused between Pearl White and Lakeside Brown colors. Went ahead with the ubiquitous White. The front grille comes through beautifully in White.
Congratulations !! I too liked the white TD car, looked elegant for the size.
You were tossing between W7 and W9 and justifying W7 and now we hear W11.

Hope the wait is short and sweet
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks