Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2018, 16:14   #376
BHPian

Congrats guys. I booked mine a week ago. W11(O) Manual 2WD, Black color. Expected delivery from day of booking was 10-12 days here in Delhi. I'm upgrading from a Swift ZDI 2012 model. Let's see how this goes, can't wait for it to come home.
Old 11th May 2018, 18:36   #377
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
The new 2018 Mahindra XUV5OO TVC.
Source:CarToq
Am I the only one who thinks this advert is way too over the top?
IMO Mahindra should have used this one instead

I feel that this one was classy and in line or in fact better than most advertisements for pricier cars , the background music was also in line with what the plush new XUV5OO brings to the table and the new features are also shown seamlessly.
What do you guys have to say?

Last edited by Eddy : 11th May 2018 at 19:52. Reason: Quoting a video hampers readability
Saurav_Nair is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th May 2018, 19:47   #378
BHPian

@Saurav_Nair I agree with you. That 2nd advertisement is much better and more classy. It looks elegant and shows the XUV brilliantly with all the play with the lights in the background.
iFuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2018, 19:52   #379
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurav_Nair View Post
Am I the only one who thinks this advert is way too over the top?
You are not alone, when I saw the advertisement on TV, I was like duh.. ! The one in the second link is much better.

Last edited by SR-71 : 11th May 2018 at 19:53.
SR-71 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2018, 23:26   #380
BHPian

Has anyone reviewed the Automatic version of the facelift yet?
Old 12th May 2018, 12:59   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Congratulations.

It is always better to get the top-end variant with all bells and whistles fitted from company. After market can be a cheaper option but in longer run one might suffer from electrical failures or warranty issues.
Thanks. Yeah, that's exactly what came to my mind when finalizing the variant. I am somehow very averse to aftermarket stuffs and like my car to be stuffed from factory only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghav_K View Post
Congrats. I have booked the W11 (O) Automatic AWD. I have booked it in Mystic Copper. No idea how it's gonna look.
Thanks, Mystic Copper looks stunning and very appealing. If I am not mistaken, the previous Sunset Orange name has been changed to Mystic Copper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Congratulations !!
You were tossing between W7 and W9 and justifying W7 and now we hear W11.
Ha ha, Yes Sir. I was indeed very keen on W7 and I genuinely think that's the best VFM offering amongst all the variants. Credit goes to the sales guy who tried a lot to pamper me to have a look at W9 as well. And when W9 was thrown in to the picture, W11 was just a couple of steps away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFuel View Post
Congrats guys. I booked mine a week ago. W11(O) Manual 2WD, Black color. I'm upgrading from a Swift ZDI 2012 model.
Thanks, we are on same boat. Upgrading from a Swift VXI to W11(O) AT.

Cheers!!
Pratyush
Old 12th May 2018, 17:11   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince0407 View Post
Thanks, Mystic Copper looks stunning and very appealing. If I am not mistaken, the previous Sunset Orange name has been changed to Mystic Copper.
The colour is similar to Sunset Orange, but its darker and a bit different. My sales advisor finally got me some real life pictures of the mystic copper Xuv, and i found it quite appealing.

Edit:
I'm going ahead with the booking and i got some corporate and insurance discount. No freebies as such. I have a 5000 Rs coupon from Mahindra which i can use for accessories. What are the essential accessories to get started? Floor mats? Are side steps essential?

Last edited by Raghav_K : 12th May 2018 at 17:14.
Old 12th May 2018, 22:59   #383
BHPian

Finally had a go in the plush new XUV 5OO W11(O) AT.

Looks - Really liked the styling tweaks in this facelift. Looks more mature and upmarket. I wasn't a fan of the rear in pics, but in person, it does look pretty good.

Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-20180512_172652_hdr.jpg

Drive - Fire up the engine and the diesel is very silent at idle. It was particularly evident when compared to the VW 1.6 TDI. Once you lift off the brake pedal, the car slowly crawls forward. The early gear changes are particularly noisy. I think this was also the case pre-facelift. Mashing the accelerator pedal would see the revs climbing with not much linear progress. It was a minor irritant. Could be something that one gets used to in the long term. But once it gets moving, the autobox is really competent. It's a joy on the highways and a boon in congested cities to manage this burly SUV. Couldn't really let all hell lose with the car as it was a heavy traffic day. Once I did get a free stretch, the SUV got to 120 km/h with no drama.

Brakes are good, but I would have liked a bit more feedback. Felt the ride to be a bit on the softer side than the pre facelift one I drove. It was definitely not Duster good, but isn't bad either. Steering felt vague. It wasn't light. But the feel was very much artificial to both sides. Again something that one might get used to.

Like early reviews mentioned, the major irritant was those quilted seats. Oh my! It looks good, but over the entire test drive period, I couldn't help but notice something poking at my back. And the seats strangely felt small especially near my shoulders. As soon as I got back from the test drive, checked out the seats of a W7 and W9 and the fabric seats there felt a lot more comfortable and roomy. Despite the W7 lacking telescopic steering, I could find a comfortable driving position.

The rest is familiar territory. Except for the W11 which gets soft touch plastics on the dash, other variants make do with hard plastics which looks and feels above average. The perks of owning an XUV which are space, presence, practicality and features are still very much there. All in all, the XUV seems to be a jack of all trades with a stupendous value for money quotient.

Last edited by GKR9900 : 12th May 2018 at 23:05.
GKR9900 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th May 2018, 11:29   #384
BHPian

After some contemplation whether to go desi made or foreign made cars, I decided that with new facelift, it was definitely time to get a test drive done. Being a hard core lover of manual transmissions, I chose to test drive both manual & automatic (practicality in handling an SUV). Wife being also a sounding board if it makes sense or not, joined me.

Automatic W7:

No alloys: look horrible from side profile, but ignore that Saurabh as you have to test the driveability of the car. I jumped into the driver's seat and found myself getting comfortable with the overall layout. The cascading dash consisting of a touchscreen looked cluttered and would take some time to get used to.

Good part: Driving through city roads, the first thing I loved was that past 1,750 rpm, the engine starts to bring a grin on my face. The engine is refined and pickup is linear. It's comfortable and engine noise is contained.

Being a fan of manual transmissions, I felt at some point, the need to have the manual for its pull. The automatic take its own sweet time.

Wife comments: Good commanding position. Driving through potholes - it managed well. Rear space is quite good, so we can go for longer drives with more luggage now.

Manual W5:

Another word for it looks horrible from inside with with clear thought for Mahindra being "Isko hume bechna nahi sirf price point low rakh ke showroom mein bulana hai".

Manual driving gives better control in city however I immediately started hating the almost vertical resting position of clutch that started to get frustrated in just 10 minutes of driving. Add to that, the dead pedal space is dead (I mean useless as there is hardly any space for my foot with the sandles getting stuck even when I did try to use it). Now I can also imagine why Mahindra have this start and stop feature.

Wife comments: let's check the fully loaded Mahindra, just to see what is plush about Mahindra. I concurred just like a man of the house does.

Manual W11(O) :

Was available only on display that too with a dead battery. I was irritated, but there was nothing much they could at that moment. What we could notice was that the W11 is the variant one should go for only for the dash covered with dummy leather. It looks so much better than lower variants and makes it feel premium indeed. Leather seats too look very nice and comfortable. The cross-stitching didn't bother us at all. The sunroof is big and this is going to make drive to hills with it open a lot more pleasing. The steering leather to was hard and softer leather could have been used. Even my Polo's steering feels so much nicer to hold.

W11(O) vs W11 bring 18 inch wheels with diamond alloys that make the car look so much better and I feel, they will make the driving experience even better as that should allow the car to handle better.

W11(O) Automatic is what I finally suggest and also will go for. To save my foot, I think I am ready to pay 1.3 lakhs more.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-3a7d4d09c1d241ed920b3ea79ad3d47e.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-f832f2d2d6154992a6718f0d527cf067.jpeg  

Last edited by Aditya : 13th May 2018 at 18:02. Reason: Spellings, language
saurabhdadhichi is offline   (4) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 13th May 2018, 23:04   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Incase anyone here is interested in CSD prices for Plush New XUV. This is W9 variants with HP registration. So depending which state you are prices will differ.
This is awesome, was looking for this data myself, the Gurgaon dealer didn’t have this. Any idea about W11 AT optional?
Old 13th May 2018, 23:23   #386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhimanyu_singh View Post
This is awesome, was looking for this data myself, the Gurgaon dealer didn’t have this. Any idea about W11 AT optional?
W11 still not available in canteen and me too waiting for it. The moment it comes will post it here and by chance you get to know then please update here.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2018, 23:47   #387
Senior - BHPian

Guys who have booked, can you please share the OTR prices by variants please.
Old 14th May 2018, 09:31   #388
BHPian

I have the list on OTR prices for Delhi. Please see the attached file.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-1526270456045.jpg  

Old 14th May 2018, 10:32   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
W11 still not available in canteen and me too waiting for it. The moment it comes will post it here and by chance you get to know then please update here.
W10 AT AWD is still available in the canteen for OTR price of approx 16L, I’m guessing W11 would be close to that only. The only thing that I’m missing in W9 AT is the AWD, anything else is actually very minimal.
Old 14th May 2018, 11:20   #390
BHPian

i have booked W11 (O) AT, however the news is that the very same variant is not yet approved by RTO along with W7 manual version across India.

It supposed to be delivered this week, but getting delayed due to the same reason. Not sure why only couple of models are not approved yet...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks