Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2018, 21:11   #406
J D
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Thank you for the quick response.

i have heard over the years from the guys at the dealerships that "in case of claims there could be delays" etc. I got to see similar body language in this instance as well, hence the confusion. I guess, it might not be different treatment after all if both policies are the same.
J D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2018, 11:33   #407
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

I test drove the W11 AT(O) yesterday.

Key observations:

1) Really liked the seating position; was able to find the right driving position quickly with electric driver seat adjustment and all around visibility felt very good.

2) The interior has improved vastly over the previous versions but it is not great. It is now at acceptable level considering the features Mahindra provides

3) I felt the AT was very noisy during the initial pick up. Though once it reaches cruising speed, engine noise was in acceptable levels

4) I felt that the suspension is better than the previous version. Ditto with sound system with Arkamys enhanced audio

5) Steering was very responsive and easy to use at low driving speed (felt very heavy in Innova AT test drive) but it also felt vague some times

6) The breaking felt as it did not have any bite at all. Normally, AT cars have very sharp breaking but this one did not have any action until more than half the brake was
pressed. The SA told me it was due for service and hence the inaction but test drive car had only 970 KMs on the odo.

7) I did not feel any discomfort with quilted seats and it looks great.

8) The face lift looks good in person. Front looks great and rear also looks better compared to previous version (in pictures it looked drab but much better in person). 18 inch alloy looks neat.

9) Wife and my daughter felt very happy in the back seat with acres of leg room, premium looking quilted seats and gave thumbs up to plush XUV

As already mentioned here, SA advised against going for AWD verison but on being persistent, promised a delivery within 45 days for W11 (O) AT AWD.

Overall I was happy with the test drive. Now I am waiting for Compass trialhawk launch (with 9 speed diesel automatic) and have decided to choose between one of these 2.

Last edited by Eddy : 24th May 2018 at 15:45. Reason: Spacing for better readability
Acelerar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th May 2018, 21:22   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acelerar View Post
As already mentioned here, SA advised against going for AWD verison but on being persistent, promised a delivery within 45 days for W11
What’s wrong with AWD?

Last edited by manson : 24th May 2018 at 19:48.
Old 20th May 2018, 22:42   #409
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhimanyu_singh View Post
What’s wrong with AWD ???
Nothing, just that the dealers don't have ready stock of AWD's because of almost zero demand, so once they confirm your order, only then they will demand an AWD from the plant. [Its similar for 4WD Scorpio/Storme] Hence they try to dissuade, saying what is the need & blah..You need one, demand one.
Sheel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th May 2018, 22:50   #410
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
What’s wrong with AWD ???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Nothing, just that the dealers don't have ready stock of AWD's because of almost zero demand, so once they confirm your order, only then they will demand an AWD from the plant. [Its similar for 4WD Scorpio/Storme] Hence they try to dissuade, saying what is the need & blah..You need one, demand one.
And also the fact that if the original buyer backs out for any reason they are gonna have a hard time selling it to someone else.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2018, 14:13   #411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And these arent onroad prices, right?
Sorry i missed your second question. Yes these are onroad prices.

I have booked W11 AT and its coming out to be 16.5L on road with HP registration. If you have a source from canteen, then go for it as theres a big margin between on road prices of canteen and outside. I guess W11 AT would be near 22L on road outside as opposed to 16.5 from canteen.
Old 21st May 2018, 23:15   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Sorry i missed your second question. Yes these are onroad prices.

I have booked W11 AT and its coming out to be 16.5L on road with HP registration. If you have a source from canteen, then go for it as theres a big margin between on road prices of canteen and outside. I guess W11 AT would be near 22L on road outside as opposed to 16.5 from canteen.
I will be getting it from the canteen only as my dad is an army officer, most likely the W9 AT, because AWD doesn’t seem to be there in the canteen, that was the only reason for me to get W11. How did you manage the HP thing, because HP and HR pricing difference is also quite considerable.

Last edited by manson : 24th May 2018 at 19:50. Reason: Use of slang.
Old 24th May 2018, 10:39   #413
J D
BHPian

Excited to note that my Crimson Red XUV500 W11 (O) AWD has been dispatched from the production plant and delivery is expected to happen in the first week of June 2018.

Can't wait to jump in take it for a spin at the earliest possible.

How serious is the run-in period in modern-day engines? - What is the right and wrong way to go through it?
J D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2018, 14:59   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J D View Post
Excited to note that my Crimson Red XUV500 W11 (O) AWD has been dispatched from the production plant and delivery is expected to happen in the first week of June 2018.

Can't wait to jump in take it for a spin at the earliest possible.

How serious is the run-in period in modern-day engines? - What is the right and wrong way to go through it?
Congrats on your new car! I've booked the W11 AT in Crimson Red as well, my delivery date is 26th June. I am also curious about the running-in as I am planning for a road trip in the 2nd week of July. This is what I found on the owner's manual on the WithYouHamesha site (The manual is for the last gen, but I think it would still apply here:

Running-in
Driving smoothly during first 1000 kms. will help to prevent premature failures and abnormal system wear improving the life of drivetrain and vehicle components.

A new engine may consume more oil during the first 1000 kms. of running. This should be considered as a normal part of break-in and not interpreted as any problem with the engine.

Not much to go on, I know, but I would assume it means not to rev the engine too much and don't floor the accelerator.
psinide is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2018, 15:36   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Hey, many congratulations JD. Could you please share where are you buying the insurance from (dealer or other agents)? And how much are you paying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psinide View Post
Congrats on your new car! I've booked the W11 AT in Crimson Red as well, my delivery date is 26th June.
Congratulations psinide. I have booked the W11(O) AT in White. Could you also share how much will you be paying for insurance? It will help in bargaining with my dealer.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!!
Pratyush
prince0407 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2018, 15:37   #416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am also curious about the running-in...
Quote:
What is the right and wrong way to go through it?
Hi, you can find some useful tips about the running in period here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...r-new-car.html

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2018, 16:11   #417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince0407 View Post
Congratulations psinide. I have booked the W11(O) AT in White. Could you also share how much will you be paying for insurance? It will help in bargaining with my dealer.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!!
Pratyush
I got the insurance from TATA AIG - bumper to bumper, 0% depreciation, road side assist, emergency lodging assist, lost key assist etc. I think it's called their 'Pearl Plan' I got it for about 39k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Hi, you can find some useful tips about the running in period here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...r-new-car.html

Cheers,
Vikram
Thanks! I went through that thread already, very informative. I think as long as I go easy on the revs and acceleration, the road trip should be fine. What I'm curious about is whether traversing through ghats is advisable. There aren't many, as I would be either going to Masinagudi or Wayanad, but there are a few tricky roads enroute
Old 24th May 2018, 19:45   #418
J D
BHPian

Thank you @psinide and @prince0407.

So far, I have interacted with the dealer who is stuck at 55k for b2b and coverfox as well as policybazar (both in the range of 43k to 44k) maybe because I asked for engine protection, 2L cover per passenger, as well as full invoice cover (probably higher IDV). I am now awaiting the vehicle details to take it up with another insurance agent whom I might go with finally.

However,
Quote:
@psinide
39k looks like as steal when the dealership is quoting 88k to start with! Is there a way you could let me know how to get the same policy as yours - just online or did you get it through an agent?

Last edited by manson : 24th May 2018 at 19:48.
Old 25th May 2018, 00:07   #419
BHPian

Quote:

However, 39k looks like as steal when the dealership is quoting 88k to start with! Is there a way you could let me know how to get the same policy as yours - just online or did you get it through an agent?
Bear in mind mine is the W11 AT, not the (O). My IDV is about 90k lesser than the ex-showroom. You may want to check with Tata AIG directly, I don't have any other contact as such, and the policy quote doesn't list a lot of details, only that it's a 'PEARL' plan.

The dealership also offered me insurance at 55k. I promptly searched policybazaar and found HDFC Ergo at 42K and showed it to them. My Axis Bank loan manager gave me an insurance quote for 39k from Tata AIG, I showed it to the dealership and they came back with a quote for the same policy at 38k today. I have forwarded their quote to my loan manager to see if he can do better
Old 25th May 2018, 07:40   #420
BHPian

Quote:

So far, I have interacted with the dealer who is stuck at 55k for b2b and coverfox as well as policybazar

Quote:
I have forwarded their quote to my loan manager to see if he can do better
Congrats psinide and J D on your new XUVs. The insurance quotes you have received are impressive. Wanted to check if you have factored in any NCB that is being transferred from your current cars?
Cheers
Uday

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks