Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2018, 15:21   #481
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by psinide View Post
Did you face any rattles or an increase in cabin noise after the installation?
Thank you The rattles will come anyway eventually. So if the job done well, not much to worry. The technician in Sireesh Singsandra branch does it well. By the way the middle row tumbling seat is major culprit for rattles. Since I damped my car doors during ICE upgrade, things are far better. Centre console was once removed to replace the GPS receiver. And that has left some plastic panels rubbing noise forever. I live with increased volume of ICE now. This is not so much of a hassle unless you drive with silent cabin/ no audio. Unfortunately it's sad that car of such quality still has some rattles. By the way yours will be 3rd generation. Hopefully better NVH as mentioned by few test drives.
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2018, 17:30   #482
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Just got a quote from Tata AIG for what they are calling their Sapphire Plus plan that includes a complete comprehensive package - 0 dep, bumper to bumper, consumables, engine, key replacement, tire, RSA, accident insurance (driver and passengers) for Rs 46K for a declared value of Rs 17.9L (W11 O AT).

I am new to India, so trying to get a better understanding if this insurance is good. Is Tata AIG considered to be good? I have seen a few other companies mentioned in this thread - HDFC Ergo, Royal Sundaram, etc - are all of these in the same ballpark?
Old 4th June 2018, 10:28   #483
BHPian

Quote:
Quick question @testing2000, where did you get the ceramic coat from? 3M is quoting exorbitant amounts for a double coat, 15k seems extremely reasonable.
Ceramic coat is done at Chennai, however i've been informed the main dealership for the ceracoat is from Bangalore, please ping me, i will share his contact no#

or you can write to them @ http://www.ceracoatindia.com/products.php
Old 4th June 2018, 13:41   #484
J D
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejaguar View Post
Just got a quote from …...trying to get a better understanding if this insurance is good...
TAT AIG is one of the better ones.

Insurance of 46k looks good - in fact the IDV 17.9 seems too good.

Full invoice cover, and unnamed passenger may be other addons you would want to have a look at.

My Royal Sundaram quote for W11 O AWD is about 47k.
J D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2018, 14:10   #485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J D View Post
TAT AIG is one of the better ones.
Insurance of 46k looks good - in fact the IDV 17.9 seems too good.
Thanks for the feedback. I just spoke to my dealer and they are willing to match the price with "Return to Invoice" protection, but they are only able to do it for an IDV of Rs 17.02L since they have to take a 5% depreciation from the ex-showroom price as per IRDAI. They also claimed that Mahindra has a direct relationship with Tata AIG and for all claims they will cover 100% of labor vs. 70% coverage when bought elsewhere - is this true?

When you say "unnamed passenger", are you referring to the insurance coverage for passengers? If so, yes that's included in the quote.

Last edited by ampere : 4th June 2018 at 14:32. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
thejaguar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2018, 20:53   #486
BHPian

That's a very good quote. And I presume that it does not include any No Claims Bonus. I have been quoted Rs 46K for W11 O AT AWD. Although the IDV is a bit higher, this was after adjusting for a 35% NCB, I was told.

Need to check with the dealer, thanks for the info!

Quote:
Just got a quote from Tata AIG for what they are calling their Sapphire Plus plan that includes a complete comprehensive package - 0 dep, bumper to bumper, consumables, engine, key replacement, tire, RSA, accident insurance (driver and passengers) for Rs 46K for a declared value of Rs 17.9L (W11 O AT).

I am new to India, so trying to get a better understanding if this insurance is good. Is Tata AIG considered to be good? I have seen a few other companies mentioned in this thread - HDFC Ergo, Royal Sundaram, etc - are all of these in the same ballpark?
Old 4th June 2018, 22:27   #487
BHPian

I have checked out the W11 AT and really liked it. But was able to get a test drive only of the W7 AT. How are the leather seats of the W11, are they as comfortable as the fabric seats? If anyone has purchased the 2018 version, how is the comfort on long drives?
I am currently using Honda City Diesel from 2014 and very happy with the power and comfort. The AT felt a bit different to overtake but still was quite good.
The brakes felt very light and quite good to me. What are the impressions of others if you have driven on the highway.
Going to take a test drive of Hexa also.
Old 5th June 2018, 06:44   #488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arao View Post
That's a very good quote. And I presume that it does not include any No Claims Bonus. I have been quoted Rs 46K for W11 O AT AWD. Although the IDV is a bit higher, this was after adjusting for a 35% NCB, I was told.

Need to check with the dealer, thanks for the info!
Thanks for the confirmation. My dealer matched the price (plus an extra Rs 650) and included RTI with an IDV of 17.02L. This does not include "no claims bonus". I believe the plan is called Sapphire Plus Plus (RTI).
thejaguar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2018, 10:41   #489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesrani View Post
If anyone has purchased the 2018 version, how is the comfort on long drives?
last weekend went for a 300km drive, seats are very comfortable (my personal view), and few rattles here and there..also first and second gear and speed pickup requires bit of tuning, wish it should be fine after first service.

Family felt very relaxed, compared to my early drive vento..overall
testing2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2018, 11:07   #490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesrani View Post
I have checked out the W11 AT and really liked it. But was able to get a test drive only of the W7 AT. How are the leather seats of the W11, are they as comfortable as the fabric seats? If anyone has purchased the 2018 version, how is the comfort on long drives?
I am currently using Honda City Diesel from 2014 and very happy with the power and comfort. The AT felt a bit different to overtake but still was quite good.
The brakes felt very light and quite good to me. What are the impressions of others if you have driven on the highway.
Going to take a test drive of Hexa also.
I got W11 manual last month and have been to Goa, it is supremely comfortable on highways while cruising at ~100kmph. The leather seats offer excellent support and pamper you to the core on any kind of roads.
2500cc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th June 2018, 11:24   #491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
I got W11 manual last month and have been to Goa, it is supremely comfortable on highways while cruising at ~100kmph. The leather seats offer excellent support and pamper you to the core on any kind of roads.
Xuv suspensions are great for highways drives. I have found them to be bumpy with lateral movements inside on roads with potholes/gravels and on no roads. I have 2008 W8 Xuv and not sure if there is any improvements done on suspensions in latest versions. if yes, that would be really great.
Old 5th June 2018, 13:03   #492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by testing2000 View Post
Ceramic coat is done at Chennai, however i've been informed the main dealership for the ceracoat is from Bangalore, please ping me, i will share his contact no#

or you can write to them @ http://www.ceracoatindia.com/products.php
Thanks, I've taken their Bangalore number off the website, will get in touch with them

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Unfortunately it's sad that car of such quality still has some rattles. By the way yours will be 3rd generation. Hopefully better NVH as mentioned by few test drives.
Quote:
Originally Posted by testing2000 View Post
last weekend went for a 300km drive, seats are very comfortable (my personal view), and few rattles here and there..
The NVH is definitely better than my uncles 1st Gen. Road & engine noise levels are noticeably lower. My concern is rattles from inside the cabin (like the drop down seats you mentioned) and it seems @testing2000 has sort of confirmed it. @testing2000, were you able to identify the general source of the rattles? As for the 1st & 2nd, I noticed it too - I think its the AT being a bit conservative, I pushed to manual mode during the test drive and it helped the pick-up slightly.

Quote:
Thanks for the confirmation. My dealer matched the price (plus an extra Rs 650) and included RTI with an IDV of 17.02L. This does not include "no claims bonus". I believe the plan is called Sapphire Plus Plus (RTI).
This has helped me a lot! I have also asked for a quote on the Sapphire Plus plan, my quote was for the PERL PLUS, which did not include unnamed passenger, the tyres & the consumables. I will update the thread with my quote as soon as I get it.
Old 5th June 2018, 14:07   #493
BHPian

Quote:
@testing2000, were you able to identify the general source of the rattles? As for the 1st & 2nd, I noticed it too - I think its the AT being a bit conservative, I pushed to manual mode during the test drive and it helped the pick-up slightly.
rattles are from 2nd row seats and left side door..will ask the service to fix it in the upcoming 1000k service.
Old 5th June 2018, 14:08   #494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
Xuv suspensions are great for highways drives. I have found them to be bumpy with lateral movements inside on roads with potholes/gravels and on no roads. I have 2008 W8 Xuv and not sure if there is any improvements done on suspensions in latest versions. if yes, that would be really great.
Agree, also on the village roads, I didnt find the drive to back breaking, but definitely not in the leagues or Hexa or duster.
Old 5th June 2018, 14:43   #495
BHPian

Having to do away with my 10 year old diesel Innova G4 due to NGT, my replacement shortlist for my 7 seater AT needs is
Hexa XTA,
Crysta ZX AT and
XUV500 W11 AT.

I finished a 50 kilometer test drive session for XUV500 W11AT earlier today across Highway, city road and some offroading.
Pros for me: Lots of bells and whistles, padded leather seats and electric driver seat adjustment a big plus. Handling is OK.
Cons for me: Acceleration..... it build up. it is NOT a scorcher. I somehow expected it to be given its FW drive and kerb weight specs. Also Somehow I could not get confident of the braking at high speed, seemed too unsure for me. Maybe it is about getting used to or maybe I have driven an Innova for too long.
I made my son sit through the second row and then the third row and he is thin and lanky and confirmed he could get more legroom than my current Innova in 3rd. I was happy this far.
But then we went to the boot and got so disappointed that I have to tick XUV500 off my list for the simple reason that I can just put one or 2 small duffle bags in the limited space available behind 7 seats. This implies that either I use it as a 5 seater with a big boot or put a rooftop carrier for even a weekend getaway and 7 seats.
My current Innova allows me to carry out a weekend worth stuff for 1-2 families in the space behind with ease.
Same is with Hexa I believe.

The car dealership rep also confirmed that I would require a rooftop carrier for overnighter needs. Can XUV owners and enthusiasts here help me understand this?

My usage combinations:
1. I have a family of 5 now including my mom. The third row is usually occupied with one of my two sons catching up on sleep. All the luggage is in the boot.
2. Four adults and 3-4 kids (5-13 yrs) on a weekend getaway. All the luggage in boot.
3. Long duration trip and a carrier is put on or an extra car comes along just for luggage.

What a bummer!!! One feature and out of the list!!! I am curious how XUV then stands in the 7 seater battle. or lets Compass etc cut in.
caramit is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed