Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2018, 19:24   #526
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by J D View Post
Got delivery of my W11 (O) AWD yesterday!
Congrats JD, wishing you many miles of blissful drive with this beauty.
Happy Driving

Yes, Red looks totally different in person and depends on light around. the same implies for Mystic Copper & Lake Side Brown too.
aks_karthik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2018, 20:30   #527
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Quote:

I looked at it from every angle possible in the showroom (confused) - with spot lights and every other light on, but can say that in person it has a very pleasing, catchy look.
Congrats on the delivery! Wish you some happy miles with the new member of your family!

When we were about to book the car, we hadn't seen the red and were deciding between the Lakeside Brown & the Mystic Copper. The red on the posters, videos did not appeal to us. The dealer asked us to come back the next day as he was getting the red on on a display model. As soon as we laid our eyes on it, we knew ours had to be the Crimson Red. Booked ours immediately!
Old 14th June 2018, 20:57   #528
BHPian

Quote:
Got delivery of my W11 (O) AWD yesterday!..
Congratulations and have a happy and safe ride.

Does it have a front sensor. What is the black dot/sensor kind of thing underneath the fog light. What is the purpose of it.

Thanks in advance.
Old 14th June 2018, 22:30   #529
J D
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Congratulations ...
Thanks!

Yes, I got a front parking sensor installed!

it is useful, but sometimes irritating especially when in stop go traffic.
Old 14th June 2018, 23:51   #530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks!

Yes, I got a front parking sensor installed!

it is useful, but sometimes irritating especially when in stop go traffic.
Does it not have an option to switch off when not needed? Or is it ON all the time?
Old 15th June 2018, 09:05   #531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Does it not have an option to switch off when not needed? Or is it ON all the time?
The one from MASS has a button to mute, but the LEDs are always on. I was also getting this button opted out when they told me it's always on.
psinide is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2018, 09:28   #532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psinide View Post
Congrats on the delivery! Wish you some happy miles with the new member of your family!

When we were about to book the car, we hadn't seen the red and were deciding between the Lakeside Brown & the Mystic Copper. The red on the posters, videos did not appeal to us. The dealer asked us to come back the next day as he was getting the red on on a display model. As soon as we laid our eyes on it, we knew ours had to be the Crimson Red. Booked ours immediately!
We went through the exact same process - we had a tough time deciding between mystic copper and crimson red while looking at pictures, but once we saw both the colors in person, we decided to go with the red. We are expecting to take delivery of our car today/tomorrow.
Old 15th June 2018, 11:10   #533
BHPian

Quote:

Posting a couple of snaps for the benefit of the ones still undecided on the colour. Yes, this is a personal choice, but "this" red is very attractive; Crimson against the sunlight and almost Maroon from other angles...most online snaps do not do justice to showcase the actual colour - even the launch video does not really reflect the true hue. I looked at it from every angle possible in the showroom (confused) - with spot lights and every other light on, but can say that in person it has a very pleasing, catchy look.
Congrats Sir on your purchase. Red indeed looks menacing on XUV. You are correct when you say the catalogs/website don't reflect the actual color. Not only for dark shades, this holds true for the usual suspects White and Silver as well. I was confused between Lakeside Brown and Pearl White; eventually settled with White. Expecting the delivery this Sunday.

Cheers!!
Pratyush
prince0407 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2018, 13:43   #534
BHPian

We just got back after a PDI of our crimson red XUV and while there were no issues with the car - no scratches, dings, etc, but the driver leather seat (on the entry side) was all wrinkled up and discolored. We suspected that the seat might have been changed, but the dealer assured us that this wasn't the case and that we would hear rattles if we wanted the seat replaced. They have now promised us to clean up the seat and let us inspect it once again in the evening. If we are not satisfied, they will place a new order (with another 20 day wait). This is such a strange experience - we were not expecting this at all.
thejaguar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2018, 14:21   #535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejaguar View Post
We just got back after a PDI of our crimson red XUV and while there were no issues with the car - no scratches, dings, etc, but the driver leather seat (on the entry side) was all wrinkled up and discolored. We suspected that the seat might have been changed, but the dealer assured us that this wasn't the case and that we would hear rattles if we wanted the seat replaced. They have now promised us to clean up the seat and let us inspect it once again in the evening. If we are not satisfied, they will place a new order (with another 20 day wait). This is such a strange experience - we were not expecting this at all.
Wow, that's very disappointing! Did you take any pictures of the seat? Will be interesting to see the extent of it. I really hope they clean it up/fix it to your satisfaction. The wait is gruelling indeed!

Isn't there an option to maybe just replace that seat with a new one, or just the seat's leather cover?

Which dealer did you book it from? Maybe check with them if they can do any of the above and also try escalating it to Mahindra directly for an expedited solution.

Last edited by psinide : 15th June 2018 at 14:26.
Old 15th June 2018, 18:01   #536
J D
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post

Yes, it does have a push button to turn it on and off!

mine was ordered from the m2all site.
J D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2018, 21:12   #537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psinide View Post
Wow, that's very disappointing! Did you take any pictures of the seat? Will be interesting to see the extent of it. I really hope they clean it up/fix it to your satisfaction. The wait is gruelling indeed!

Isn't there an option to maybe just replace that seat with a new one, or just the seat's leather cover?

Which dealer did you book it from? Maybe check with them if they can do any of the above and also try escalating it to Mahindra directly for an expedited solution.
We just got back from the dealership and they have cleaned up the seat to our satisfaction. We could still see a few wrinkles in the leather, but that speaks more towards the quality of the leather itself (based on my inspection of a few other other test drive XUV's).

Since the RTO is closed tomorrow and day after, we will be taking possession next Monday. We purchased our XUV from Sireesh near Iskon.

I have attached a picture of the pre-cleaned seat. The vehicle has all of 50 kms on the odometer, so it made it all the more concerning that the seat looked the way it did, but it does clean up good. I will take a picture of the cleaned up seat on Monday and post it here.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-soiledseat.jpg  

Old 16th June 2018, 08:00   #538
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, it does have a push button to turn it on and off!

mine was ordered from the m2all site.
Can you share the pics of the screen fixed on dashboard, and the push button?

I was planning to get the same, but the dealer was not sure if the push button can be installed without drilling a hole, so decided against it.
Old 16th June 2018, 09:46   #539
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORQUE_AANJANEY View Post
you will find the Endy's 3.2 almost in coma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
3.2 on Coma?
I haven't driven the Hexa, so can't comment on that, but the Hexa MT was fast. I had one for company few days back.

And 3.2 is pretty fast, the AT is slow to react initially or in mixed driving conditions, there is a lag [momentarily], else it takes off.

Our very own Karan's video You may watch from 3:55 to see as to how fast the 3.2 is even initially.
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2018, 09:53   #540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejaguar View Post
We just got back from the dealership and they have cleaned up the seat to our satisfaction.
Since the RTO is closed tomorrow and day after, we will be taking possession next Monday. We purchased our XUV from Sireesh near Iskon.
Glad to hear you didn't have to reject delivery! With so many fellow BHPians getting delivery this week, the wait van become unbearable sometimes. The good folks at Sireesh Yelahanka have been very accommodating with my over-eagerness and almost twice a day follow-ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghav_K View Post
Can you share the pics of the screen fixed on dashboard, and the push button?

I was planning to get the same, but the dealer was not sure if the push button can be installed without drilling a hole, so decided against it.
This was exactly what they told me. They said the screen itself has a mute button, but to add an ON/OFF switch, they will need to drill a hole somewhere in the cabin

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks