Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2018, 12:25   #541
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Re. the front parking sensor - these are the pictures received from Sireesh Auto. I too am thinking of installing it.

The W11(O) AWD AT Mystic Copper colour is in transit, expected by the middle of next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psinide View Post
This was exactly what they told me. They said the screen itself has a mute button, but to add an ON/OFF switch, they will need to drill a hole somewhere in the cabin
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-00000005photo20180607120552.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-00000004photo20180607120551.jpg  

arao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2018, 12:54   #542
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by J D View Post
Yes, it does have a push button to turn it on and off!

mine was ordered from the m2all site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arao View Post
Re. the front parking sensor - these are the pictures received from Sireesh Auto. I too am thinking of installing it.

The W11(O) AWD AT Mystic Copper colour is in transit, expected by the middle of next week.
Hello JD Sir, can you please share the pictures of the LED and the push button? Is it something like what arao has shared?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!!
Pratyush
Old 16th June 2018, 13:00   #543
BHPian

Quote:

That button does blend in, a decent job by the dealership, my only other problem is that the sensors are not body coloured. I'm still on the fence with the black coloured sensors on the bumper, I'll let the Mrs decide.

Congrats on the expected delivery! It seems I will still have to suffer a week long wait. Just out of curiosity, when did you book it? I booked mine on 20th May, am I just being impatient (I think I know the answer to the question)?
Old 16th June 2018, 19:00   #544
J D
BHPian

"arao" hope I had seen this pic for the placement of the on/off switch, perfect place... can't say that for mine, but pics attached...not so bad either, due to black on black dash.

the vehicle was parked close to other things, hence glowing in red, orange!

"prince0407 & Dr. Raghav"
see pic from "arao" - that seems to be an ideal location for the switch, if you intend to install it.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20180616-6.50.05-pm.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20180616-6.50.19-pm.jpeg  

J D is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2018, 18:28   #545
BHPian

So, finally got the car delivered on 14th June - W11 Pearl White for my wife from Anant Cars, Marathalli. Delivery experience was good as all formalities were done a day before and we just went to collect the car. Nasir (our Sales Expert) was extremely helpful in sorting out the process. This is my first Mahindra so in a way I was expecting niggles but everything went fine.

I had ordered few accessories from m2all but didn't get anything as Anant Cars didn't have any with them. I raised it to managingdirector@mahindra.com and also tweeted to @anandmahindra and got a call in half an hour that they will be organising for the accessories and get it installed. I was most keen on the front parking sensors as my wife struggles with the judgment while taking the car out from the basement ramp.

I took insurance from Tata AIG Sapphire Plus with RTI which helped me save some money on dealer provided quote.

A big let down was that my car came shod with Apollo Aptera and driving 200 kms on a country road made me change them. They are noisy and offer very little braking feedback. Besides, the car was pulling towards left (an alignment issue). I first thought to raise a complaint but that would have meant taking the car for service and also being on phone with customer care. I decided to swap the tyres with Michelin Primacy SUV tyres today and they are brilliant - got Paddock Club membership with some Club Mahindra and other vouchers. And, after the alignment car drives straight.

All this while I was comparing it with my 3 series but then got a scolding from the missus that it's awful to compare and start enjoying the car! Hope to have a good time with this one.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-img_20180614_131935.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-img_20180614_132101.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-img_20180617_111512.jpg  

vivekshukla is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th June 2018, 19:27   #546
BHPian

I was told by the sales person at Sireesh that all W11s come with Bridgestone tyres - or does it only apply to W11(O)? A few of us have taken delivery of W11 recently, and it will be great to get their feedback.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekshukla View Post

A big let down was that my car came shod with Apollo Aptera and driving 200 kms on a country road made me change them. They are noisy and offer very little braking feedback. Besides, the car was pulling towards left (an alignment issue). I first thought to raise a complaint but that would have meant taking the car for service and also being on phone with customer care. I decided to swap the tyres with Michelin Primacy SUV tyres today and they are brilliant - got Paddock Club membership with some Club Mahindra and other vouchers. And, after the alignment car drives straight.
Old 17th June 2018, 20:45   #547
BHPian

Quote:
I was told by the sales person at Sireesh that all W11s come with Bridgestone tyres - or does it only apply to W11(O)? A few of us have taken delivery of W11 recently, and it will be great to get their feedback.

Thanks
Anant Cars told that the cars come with either Bridgestone or Apollo. My colleague who took the car on 11th (April 18 made) got Bridgestones but I got Apollo. My car is June manufactured as per the VIN. Rather unpredictable but even I was under the impression that all W11 come with Bridgestones.
Old 17th June 2018, 20:59   #548
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekshukla View Post
Anant Cars told that the cars come with either Bridgestone or Apollo. My colleague who took the car on 11th (April 18 made) got Bridgestones but I got Apollo. My car is June manufactured as per the VIN. Rather unpredictable but even I was under the impression that all W11 come with Bridgestones.
Our W11 (O) was manufactured in May and has Bridgestone tires. We did a PDI on Friday and will be taking possession after registration tomorrow.
thejaguar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2018, 00:28   #549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejaguar View Post
Our W11 (O) was manufactured in May and has Bridgestone tires. We did a PDI on Friday and will be taking possession after registration tomorrow.
I checked with my sales executive and he confirmed that W11(O) comes with Bridgestone as it's 235/60/18. My car is 235/65/17 and they offer either Apollo or Bridgestone. In my test drives, I had found that 18 inches offered harsher ride as compared to 17 so I went with 17 inch wheels and I also prefer the aluminium/silverish look of the wheel as compared to black. What I saved, spent in getting Michelins.

All the best for your car! Happy motoring.
vivekshukla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2018, 18:27   #550
BHPian

I took delivery on May 25th of W11(O) manual variant and it came with Apollo tyres. 18" is the rim size I have. Checked with SA and he said these tyres are purely on the lot being released, the earlier lots had Bridgestones. Mine have Apollo's and he said some could even have MRFs from what he has heard.
Old 19th June 2018, 09:19   #551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFuel View Post
I took delivery on May 25th of W11(O) manual variant and it came with Apollo tyres. 18" is the rim size I have. Checked with SA and he said these tyres are purely on the lot being released, the earlier lots had Bridgestones. Mine have Apollo's and he said some could even have MRFs from what he has heard.
I have booked W11 (O) AT. Is it advisable to change the tyres if i get Apollo and not Bridgestone?
Old 19th June 2018, 09:47   #552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesrani View Post
I have booked W11 (O) AT. Is it advisable to change the tyres if i get Apollo and not Bridgestone?
I have a Scorpio and thinking of getting either XUV/Tata H5X whenever it comes. But I changed my Scorpio tires to Michelin and can tell you for a fact that its a sea change and you can immediately feel the difference (since Michelin uses softer rubber) in comfort due to better shock absorption, better braking and reduced road noise. Only downside in Michelins is reduced life (by about 30K) as MRF/Bridgestone use harder rubber leading to a longer life.

Because of my great experience with Michelins, I have decided to change to Michelin the moment i get a new car.

Hope this helps !!
JKBKS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2018, 10:28   #553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesrani View Post
Took delivery of my XUV on May 10th, I immediately drove to tyre shop and changed from Bridgestore to Yokohama G056.
2500cc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2018, 10:31   #554
BHPian

We brought home our crimson red W11 (O) AT last night. I am still familiarizing myself with all the features available, but so far, it has been a blast to ride the car. I am looking forward to longer trips over weekends in the near future.

I have attached a picture of the car (with my 3 year old behind the wheel), but strangely enough, the picture does no justice to how the car looks in person. I was on the fence between crimson red and mystic copper (with my family rooting for crimson red), but after having looked at the car in person a few times, there are absolutely no regrets at all - it looks stunning!

I have a couple of questions:
1] Is it advisable to go with regular diesel or v power diesel (Shell)? When I filled her up last night, I went with v power to be on the safer side, but not sure if it's worth the Rs 7 premium
2] Has there been any talk of enabling Apple carplay at a later stage via a software update?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-img_20180618_194959.jpg  

thejaguar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th June 2018, 10:33   #555
BHPian

How much did you get for your Bridgestones, and at which dealer?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Took delivery of my XUV on May 10th, I immediately drove to tyre shop and changed from Bridgestore to Yokohama G056.

Most Viewed