Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2018, 10:40   #556
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by arao View Post
How much did you get for your Bridgestones, and at which dealer?

Thanks!
I paid 4.9k per tyre in return, G056s were quoted 12.2k/tyre. The dealer is at Kalyan Nagar.
2500cc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2018, 11:43   #557
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejaguar View Post
I have a couple of questions:
1] Is it advisable to go with regular diesel or v power diesel (Shell)? When I filled her up last night, I went with v power to be on the safer side, but not sure if it's worth the Rs 7 premium
2] Has there been any talk of enabling Apple carplay at a later stage via a software update?
Congrats! She looks stunning indeed! Eagerly waiting for mine!!

About the official word on Apple CarPlay, M&M enabled Android Auto over a year ago via an update, there has been no word on its Apple counterpart since then. I think if they were going to implement it, they would have by now... It's a bummer for the iOS users, but at least the bluetooth still supports most of the features, I think the only feature you would be missing out would be turn-by-turn navigation, for which you can use the in-built version.

Quick question for the people who have taken the deliveries already, have you been contacted by the Purple club team? And what all freebies were on offer?

Last edited by psinide : 19th June 2018 at 11:49. Reason: post appended
Old 19th June 2018, 13:40   #558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psinide View Post
Congrats! She looks stunning indeed! Eagerly waiting for mine!!

About the official word on Apple CarPlay, M&M enabled Android Auto over a year ago via an update, there has been no word on its Apple counterpart since then. I think if they were going to implement it, they would have by now... It's a bummer for the iOS users, but at least the bluetooth still supports most of the features, I think the only feature you would be missing out would be turn-by-turn navigation, for which you can use the in-built version.

Quick question for the people who have taken the deliveries already, have you been contacted by the Purple club team? And what all freebies were on offer?
Yeah, it's the navigation experience (Google Maps) for which I really wanted CarPlay, but I guess I will get a cheapo Android phone for Android Auto and hotspot that will be in the car permanently. A prepaid Jio plan for a couple hundred bucks for every 3 months should do the trick.

Specific to Purple club - there is an envelope with a bunch of freebies:
1] Membership to Purple club and RSA
2] a 3 night/4 day stay at Mahindra club resorts
3] 20% on Zoomcar rentals
4] 1 complementary foot massage at O2 spa
5] There is also a referral coupon that gets both the referrer and referee a Rs 7500 Amazon/flipkart voucher

Not sure if I am missing something.
thejaguar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2018, 13:56   #559
BHPian

Just received message from dealer that my W11 (O) has arrived. Now i need to make payment. However this is with Apollo tyres. Is it really necessary to change or are the Apollo also good?
Old 19th June 2018, 14:56   #560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejaguar View Post
Yeah, it's the navigation experience (Google Maps) for which I really wanted CarPlay, but I guess I will get a cheapo Android phone for Android Auto
Congrats for your new car and cheer up, you don't need to switch to Android Auto for Google maps. Apple has added Google maps and Waze maps to CarPlay in iOS 12 software update. Just wait for the release of update. Currently beta version can be downloaded as developer by paying $99.

See below link

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ming-soon.html
Old 19th June 2018, 15:01   #561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
It's true that Apple CarPlay will now support Google Maps, but the issue is that the XUV500 doesn't support CarPlay, only Android Auto.
thejaguar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2018, 15:16   #562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesrani View Post
Just received message from dealer that my W11 (O) has arrived. Now i need to make payment. However this is with Apollo tyres. Is it really necessary to change or are the Apollo also good?
Oh! So, I am not alone getting Apollo. I changed Apollos with Michelin Primacy SUV in just 3 days of ownership. My reasons were:
  1. I drove the car on a state highway and got complaints of road noise from middle and last seat occupants
  2. Lack of brake bite on wet surface
  3. Bumpy ride as I could feel the harshness of tyres when in contact with even a small pothole.

I was on the fence for some time trying to avoid the change but mental peace prevailed over financial.
vivekshukla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2018, 18:31   #563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekshukla View Post
Oh! So, I am not alone getting Apollo. I changed Apollos with Michelin Primacy SUV in just 3 days of ownership. My reasons were:
  1. I drove the car on a state highway and got complaints of road noise from middle and last seat occupants
  2. Lack of brake bite on wet surface
  3. Bumpy ride as I could feel the harshness of tyres when in contact with even a small pothole.

I was on the fence for some time trying to avoid the change but mental peace prevailed over financial.
How much did you get the tyres for?
Old 19th June 2018, 22:07   #564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesrani View Post
How much did you get the tyres for?
I got Rs.6,100 per tyre for old ones and Rs.14,000 per tyre for Michelins. I have a long standing relationship with the tyre shop so they did balancing and alignment for free.
vivekshukla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2018, 11:49   #565
Senior - BHPian

Folks, when I took delivery of my car few years back Mahindra was delivering both bridgestones and apollos based on lot and it seems to be the case even now. So normally dealers will have both cars in their lots. You can specify to the dealer which brand of tyres you want and they will allocate accordingly. In my case i visited dealers yard and looked at multiple cars before agreeing on which one i wanted to be allotted to me. Bridgestones are better than apollos and helps save some money by removing the need to swap immediately. They are surely not at par with Michelins though.
Old 20th June 2018, 13:14   #566
BHPian

Good idea, but may not work if every variant has a waiting period and they have no unsold stocks in the yard. This is more so in case of W11(O) which has a different spec for the tyres.

This discussion of Apollo vs Bridgestone is several years old. And if M&M still persists in using the not-so-popular tyres then there must be a good reason for it. Perhaps our preference for one brand over the others is not based on sound reasons?

The AWD variants are assembled against order, and it would be a good idea to let us specify the tyres preference in advance.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Folks, when I took delivery of my car few years back Mahindra was delivering both bridgestones and apollos based on lot and it seems to be the case even now. So normally dealers will have both cars in their lots. You can specify to the dealer which brand of tyres you want and they will allocate accordingly. In my case i visited dealers yard and looked at multiple cars before agreeing on which one i wanted to be allotted to me. Bridgestones are better than apollos and helps save some money by removing the need to swap immediately. They are surely not at par with Michelins though.
Old 20th June 2018, 13:21   #567
BHPian

@XUV500 AWD AT owners: What is your average mileage? Mine gives 11.5km per litre average, with mixed city and highway usage.
Old 20th June 2018, 13:35   #568
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghav_K View Post
@XUV500 AWD AT owners: What is your average mileage? Mine gives 11.5km per litre average, with mixed city and highway usage.
You should be happy with that. For AWD AT its good enough.
Old 20th June 2018, 19:51   #569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arao View Post

This discussion of Apollo vs Bridgestone is several years old. And if M&M still persists in using the not-so-popular tyres then there must be a good reason for it. Perhaps our preference for one brand over the others is not based on sound reasons?
What Apollo tyres are coming in xuv now? I had apollo hawkz on my 2012 xuv and they were ok. They worned out faster so replaced them at 40k. Other than that there was nothing to complain. I had only one puncture and noise levels were also ok.

Similarly I got bad feedback on this forum for Bridgestone potenza and good feedback on mrf zlo. My experience was other way round. So one needs to be little careful in deciding based on few comments.

Last edited by avimal : 20th June 2018 at 19:55.
Old 20th June 2018, 20:31   #570
BHPian

The tyres I got in my XUV are Apollo Apterra HP 235/60 R18. I tried to exchange them for Yokohama Geolander but the price difference was crazy. I was asked to pay 9k per tyre after exchange. So I put off the idea, driving with the Apollos now. Have done 850kms in city driving, so can't tell how they perform. Will have to wait and watch.

Most Viewed