Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2019, 18:54   #811
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

The list is pretty long

1. Rattles in dashboard plastic.
2. Extremely poor radio reception. They've ordered for a replacement wire which is on the way for two weeks now.
3. Left pull.
4. Steering vibration at speeds 110 - 120 (I drove on EPE, Where speed limit is 120)
5. Certain apps like Spotify, gaana, etc refuse to work with android auto.
6. Windscreen washer spray not working.
7. Folding seat (middle left) rattle noises.

Looking for contacts to escalate to.
Old 11th June 2019, 19:36   #812
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman_30 View Post
The list is pretty long
Did you do an extensive PDI before getting the car? There could be possibility of damages to a new car during transit and I hope they dint sell you a car of that sort.

I have first hand experience with this because:

1. Initially I was allotted a car which had a damage to the bumper and was being repaired at the stockyard. While I was looking for the car in the stockyard along with the SA to do PDI, I was able to spot the car with the bumpers removed, when asked I was told that it was damaged during transit

2. Then a second car was allotted, which almost passed the PDI. But thanks to one of my friend who had informed me on how to check the welding marks post repair, I was able to identify that the rear door was damaged and it was fixed/repaired at the stockyard.

3. SA was very helpful and I was able to finally choose the right car which passed the PDI successfully.

Now the car is already registered, you will have to catch hold of the service advisors and get this fixed.

If you are in Bengaluru, I would recommend Chrome Motors, Mysore Road (Authorized Mahindra Service Center) who will help you in resolving these issues.
Old 11th June 2019, 19:38   #813
BHPian

Yup, the PDI was done, unfortunately some of these issues cropped up later, and some weren't identified in PDI.
I am in Noida. Thanks for the offer though.
Old 11th June 2019, 20:55   #814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman_30 View Post
The list is pretty long

Looking for contacts to escalate to.
Tweet @GoenkaPk with your issues, will definitely gain traction.
Old 15th June 2019, 23:45   #815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
White Walker gets new legs and shoes

Changed from Bridgstone HT to Michelin AT same specs
What a beast
May You please elaborate in detail Your ride experience post changing over to Michelin AT.
Regards.

Last edited by wanderingwolf : 15th June 2019 at 23:50. Reason: The answer to my query is already addressed later in the thread.
Old 16th June 2019, 00:15   #816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejaguar View Post
The family got all ready at 4AM on Saturday to go out on a fun outing only to discover that our (barely a month old) XUV500 wouldn't unlock using our remote. Finally, we managed to unlock the car using the physical key only to realize that the vehicle won't start. It appeared that the battery was completely dead. The scary part was that you can't even open the trunk when the battery is dead.

Then the blame game started, with them even blaming the remote. Then they admitted that it's not a remote issue anymore, but the vehicle had to be towed to the service center for scanning so as to get it to work again!

there is a significant loss of trust in the brand and the vehicle. I will now think twice before making any plans for long road trips. The sad part was that this was going to be our first real outing with our new XUV and it was such a huge letdown.
Ok, sad to hear about this ordeal which You had to go through. All XUV500 odd series owners (W9/W11 etc), including me, need to remember that our beasts have Touch Sensor entry. This touch sensor is continuously looking for presence of remote proximity, even when our vehicles are locked. Hence, if the vehicle is not started/run for a duration exceeding 12-14 days, all new beast owners would face the issue of a non-responsive battery.

Now, once you call the Mahindra With You Hamesha 24*7 Road Side assistance chap, he would come with jumper cables and a fully charged battery. Now, the beauty of the system is that the beast still wouldn’t start. It needs more Power. Now, get a second car, start it, open the bonnet, tell the service technician to connect the portable battery in series with the running car’s battery and then connect those to the XUV’s battery, and voila! Your XUV has grunted back to life.

Now, don’t dare to switch off Your XUV. Get the jumper cables disconnected and give a warm hug to service technician and send him off. Jump into the Driver’s seat and drive Your beast for atleast 30-40 kms before turning it off.

Next day onwards, start it daily and run it, even if it means taking it out for the corner milk shop 500 mtrs away. If you use XUV500 as only your weekend car, You’d end up facing this issue of dead battery. I sold off my second car and now XUV500 is my only car, city, highway, weekday, weekend, and I am not the one to complain
wanderingwolf is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2019, 08:06   #817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderingwolf View Post
Ok, sad to hear about this ordeal which You had to go through. All XUV500 odd series owners (W9/W11 etc), including me, need to remember that our beasts have Touch Sensor entry. This touch sensor is continuously looking for presence of remote proximity, even when our vehicles are locked. Hence, if the vehicle is not started/run for a duration exceeding 12-14 days, all new beast owners would face the issue of a non-responsive battery.

Now, once you call the Mahindra With You Hamesha 24*7 Road Side assistance chap, he would come with jumper cables and a fully charged battery. Now, the beauty of the system is that the beast still wouldn’t start. It needs more Power. Now, get a second car, start it, open the bonnet, tell the service technician to connect the portable battery in series with the running car’s battery and then connect those to the XUV’s battery, and voila! Your XUV has grunted back to life.

Now, don’t dare to switch off Your XUV. Get the jumper cables disconnected and give a warm hug to service technician and send him off. Jump into the Driver’s seat and drive Your beast for atleast 30-40 kms before turning it off.

Next day onwards, start it daily and run it, even if it means taking it out for the corner milk shop 500 mtrs away. If you use XUV500 as only your weekend car, You’d end up facing this issue of dead battery. I sold off my second car and now XUV500 is my only car, city, highway, weekday, weekend, and I am not the one to complain

Thankfully, there has been a recent software update that has resolved this issue completely. I have been through stretches where the vehicle hasn't been started for 2 weeks and there have been no issues at all. It appears that many Mahindra customers have to gone through a few issues before the vehicle gets into a steady state - in my case, beyond the battery drain issue, the weaved stitching on the front passenger seat had come loose. After taking a few pictures and waiting for a couple of months, Mahindra ended up replacing the entire seat itself because apparently there is no way to restitch! They did come through in the end, but had to wait for a few months and a bunch of back & forth communication.
thejaguar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2019, 09:09   #818
BHPian

Dear all,

I have been an avid follower of Team BHP for quite some time and have been blessed with the valued membership in May 2019.

I own a plush XUV 500 W11 (O) MT and have done 9000+ kms till now. I use it mostly for long highway drives which includes 2 trips to Sikkim ... One to pelling (west Sikkim) and one to zuluk (east Sikkim) in May 2019 itself. I am already planning for another 10 day trip from Kolkata to zuluk to Gangtok to gurudongmar lake to yungthang valley and back in Oct 2019.

I wud like to summarise my 10 months of experience as below ...

Positives
---------------
1. Great highway cruiser,
2. Equally home in the hills,
3. Very easy to drive and park in congested cities,
4. Ergonomics are good,
5. Engine is a gem,
6. Braking have been good till now.
7. Middle row leg space is humungous,
8. Gearbox is quite slick, easily slots in,
9. Tan colored quilted leather seats look very upmarket,
10. Storage spaces are adequate,
11. Almost all safety features are available.
12. Flat floor in 2nd row,
13. Avg FE till now is 14-15 Kmpl with full AC on.
14. Even after 6-7 years it still is a looker.

Negatives
----------------
1. Rattles from the dashboard and 2nd row seats,
2. Missed 2nd gear 5-6 times,
3. Battery discharging if not used for 3-4 days,
4. Crashes over potholes,
5. Harsh ride quality over broken roads (not comfortable at all),
6. No luggage space (have to use it as a 5 seater in my road trips),
7. AC vents on the pillars in 2nd and 3rd row do not have blower controls,
8. Needs dedicated AC vents for 2nd row,
9. Air flow from the corner AC vents in 1st floor is very less,
10. Clutch lever is a bit tight,

In my trip to Pelling in Oct 2018, I had taken the road from Singtam and by mistake took the "Ganju Lama VC Road" which was completely broken & full of mud and slush (slippery as hell). I could reach Ravangla @ 5 PM in the evening and had to stay in Ravangla for the night. The hotelier remarked that we were extremely lucky to have survived this ride as the road is almost non-existent and there are frequent accidents n deaths. He attributed our survival to our XUV 500.

Overall XUV is a very competent vehicle and can survive long hauls. Only downside is the quality controls at the manufacturing stage, which if taken care of by Mahindra, would have made this the BEST under 20 lacs category.

Rgds,
Saurabh
SaurabhB is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 16:02   #819
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejaguar View Post

Thankfully, there has been a recent software update that has resolved this issue completely
Just got back from a 30+ day travel, and my black W11 (O) AT AWD looked dusty and greyish. Jopasu duster and Hyderabad's down pour made it black again - but the car started like it usually does. And even the ICE continued playing the USB from where I left it (its still temperamental about this - will decide to start from the first track every now and then)
ph03n!x is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2019, 12:50   #820
BHPian

Update on Apple Carplay:

Based on what my service center indicated, the update was released to them yesterday and Mahindra has provided a cut-off list for VIN's that are eligible for this upgrade. I was also told that all Plush models would be eligible for this upgrade, but I can't vouch for this information. I am waiting to hear back as to when I can get my W11 (o) AT upgraded.
Old 18th July 2019, 16:38   #821
Senior - BHPian

My 1.5 month old XUV is at service station today, I was experiencing a rattling noise when steering is turned on bad roads. Apparently steering column is faulty and needs replacement. It will be replaced under warranty.

Not really happy with the overall sales and service experience. I repeat M&M can't do premium.
Old 18th July 2019, 18:56   #822
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
Apparently steering column is faulty and needs replacement. It will be replaced under warranty.
Update: Just got a call from the Mahindra workshop, they have replaced the part but the rattle still persist. They are not able to diagnose the exact source of it and intend to keep the vehicle with them for another day.

They offered me a loaner/taxi reimbursement but I think It is time to rekindle my romance with my Terrano.
BANDHAV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 19:38   #823
BHPian

Got Carplay updated, works well so far. Siri integration is excellent.
Old 19th July 2019, 00:21   #824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Got Carplay updated, works well so far. Siri integration is excellent.
W11? Any idea if it can be updated on W7 or W9 as well?
Old 19th July 2019, 09:40   #825
BHPian

I too got the Carplay update on Monday and it works great. As far as I know, only the W11 is eligible for this update. The explanation being given is that the hardware on the W11 is different, hence it's the only variant that gets the update.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks