Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2018, 18:52   #76
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Apparently, production of the W4 and W9 variants of the existing XUV500 range have been discontinued from the beginning of March, 2018. Only existing stocks at the factory are available.
Awesome you made my day - I had been test driving the D segment vehicles but the XUV 500 AWD AT (the AWD was the lure) has been receiving a thumbs down from the family for the interior. Your news gives me hope. I would rather wait for 2 months than put down another additional 6L on an Crysta 2.8 ZX AT which has the current thumbs up from everyone in the family in the 6+ seater segment (Its the Elantra 2.0 SX(0) AT if it has to be a sedan). I just hope the new front grille is not as hideous as I have seen in some of the mock up pictures. I love the current front grille.

Last edited by .anshuman : 20th March 2018 at 20:00. Reason: Large quote fixed. Thanks
Old 17th March 2018, 20:29   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Awesome you made my day - I had been test driving the D segment vehicles but the XUV 500 AWD AT (the AWD was the lure) has been receiving a thumbs down from the family for the interior. Your news gives me hope. I would rather wait for 2 months than put down another additional 6L on an Crysta 2.8 ZX AT which has the current thumbs up from everyone in the family in the 6+ seater segment (Its the Elantra 2.0 SX(0) AT if it has to be a sedan). I just hope the new front grille is not as hideous as I have seen in some of the mock up pictures. I love the current front grille.
Lemme guess, thumbs down for the Hexa from your family because its a TATA and didn't warrant a space in the shortlist?! Just guessing cause the auto is particularly good and there's no mention of it, let alone a TD!
Old 17th March 2018, 20:31   #78
Team-BHP Support

re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Lemme guess, thumbs down for the Hexa from your family because its a TATA and didn't warrant a space in the shortlist?! Just guessing cause the auto is particularly good and there's no mention of it, let alone a TD!
Tata has AWD and an AT?

(Before jumping to conclusions)
Sheel is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th March 2018, 21:22   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Interesting you should ask this question. It so happened I test drove it today morning, The KHT folks brought home an XTA. The wife who had loved it road presence so far gave it a thumbs down the moment she got in. The vehicle had 27K kms on it and 16 months old (Nov '16 model). The plastic parts already started showing its age there there seemed to be trouble with cooling the cabin. I couldn't help but compare it to the Crysta 2.8 ZX AT which we test drove with comparable age and mileage and the family was quiet happy. It might pretty much be a case of shoddy maintenance by the dealer, but one gets the impression that with Hexa might not take abuse well over time. I did not want to mention this to avoid unnecessary backlash from passionate forum members :-). Also the engine sounded boomy in contrast to what I have read in hexa forum. I found the AT shifts and ride quality as the 2 plus points in my test drive today.

BTW, on the TATA quote, my first car is an indica and I am still holding on to it 15 years later. My second and 3rd ride is an VW. So, no I have nothing against TATA and it would be nice not to jump to conclusions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Tata has AWD and an AT?

(Before jumping to conclusions)
It has an 4x4 but not an AT.

Last edited by SR-71 : 17th March 2018 at 21:31.
SR-71 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th March 2018, 22:18   #80
BHPian

Huge difference between guesses and conclusions! Anyways the one negative TATA has to deal with are dealers and potential customers who are on the fence either get swayed this side or that solely based on dealers than the product. Hope they give equal focus to dealerships the same way they are for their products!
Old 18th March 2018, 07:22   #81
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Huge difference between guesses and conclusions!
Ya, I read the OP's requirement and concluded that he requires an AWD and an AT, which sadly none of Tata cars come with.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2018, 13:33   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Ya, I read the OP's requirement and concluded that he requires an AWD and an AT, which sadly none of Tata cars come with.
Yes. XUV 500 is the only option as of now.
None from Hexa or Crysta lineup come with AT + AWD.
Old 18th March 2018, 16:34   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Apparently, production of the W4 and W9 variants of the existing XUV500 range have been discontinued from the beginning of March, 2018. Only existing stocks at the factory are available.

W6 & W10 variants are being produced but that too in limited numbers.

The all-new XUV500 is scheduled to enter production next month. Confirmation from sources:

1) Power bump from 140HP to 150HP. (170HP has been dropped)
2) New design alloys.
3) Revised, enriched interiors, including dashboard plastics.
4) DRLs in front headlamp units.
5) New front grille.
6) Slight design revisions for the boot door and rear bumper.
7) Improved brakes with lesser nose dive.

The all-new XUV500 is supposed to launch by end-April. Deliveries to begin by mid-May.
Thanks for sharing the info. I have been waiting for this facelift for quite a long. My XUV will complete 6 years in November and has done 108000 kms so far and I am one of those happy customers with niggle free ownership. My next upgrade will be sometime next year and who knows it might be another XUV again.
Old 18th March 2018, 18:46   #84
BHPian

Finally, we get the same material across the dashboard I think our reviewers counted four(?) different textures last time around.

This is a very good move by Mahindra. I hope they keep the price to a reasonable level because from what I hear, the top end is already crossing 20L on road. Anything more, and they'll need "offer price" magic to sell.

Looking forward to our TBHPians reviews / comments.
Old 19th March 2018, 18:23   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Interesting you should ask this question. It so happened I test drove it today morning, The KHT folks brought home an XTA. The wife who had loved it road presence so far gave it a thumbs down the moment she got in. The vehicle had 27K kms on it and 16 months old (Nov '16 model). The plastic parts already started showing its age there there seemed to be trouble with cooling the cabin. I couldn't help but compare it to the Crysta 2.8 ZX AT which we test drove with comparable age and mileage and the family was quiet happy. It might pretty much be a case of shoddy maintenance by the dealer, but one gets the impression that with Hexa might not take abuse well over time. I did not want to mention this to avoid unnecessary backlash from passionate forum members :-). Also the engine sounded boomy in contrast to what I have read in hexa forum. I found the AT shifts and ride quality as the 2 plus points in my test drive today.

BTW, on the TATA quote, my first car is an indica and I am still holding on to it 15 years later. My second and 3rd ride is an VW. So, no I have nothing against TATA and it would be nice not to jump to conclusions.
Disappointing to read about the quality of the TD vehicle. I have a Hexa which is 15 months old now and just yesterday my wife remarked about how it looks and feels just like a brand new car. No niggles, no showing of age and the engine feels awesome. In terms of interiors, have preferred this over the XUV and continue to. The AT feels great and the ride is superb, as you too have noted. What I'll add to it is seating comfort. The seats - in all three rows - are far more comfortable (my perspective again) compared to what I've seen in other vehicles in the category.
imidnightmare is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2018, 21:08   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1) Power bump from 140HP to 150HP. (170HP has been dropped)
Why do we still have reports saying it would be 170 BHP? (http://www.team-bhp.com/news/rumour-...nch-april-2018)
Old 20th March 2018, 13:45   #87
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to Varuna Janardanan for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-img20180320wa0002.jpg

The upcoming Mahindra XUV500 facelift has been spotted without any camouflage, ahead of its rumoured launch in the month of April this year.

The latest spy images reveal the XUV500 facelift's exterior design changes. The front end features a new chrome grille with a mesh design and chrome strips flanked by new twin-pod headlamps with projectors and LED DRLs. The split air dam at the bottom seen on the outgoing model is now a part of the grille itself. The fog lamps are placed below the headlamps like the current model. Although, the fog lamps do not have the excessive chrome surrounding them, instead they get vertical chrome strips. The ORVMs with integrated turn signals have been carried over from the outgoing model.

Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-img20180320wa0001.jpg

Moving to the rear, the XUV500 facelift features a new tail gate design and tail lamp clusters. The vertically stacked tail lights have been replaced with triangular units with reflectors placed lower down. It gets a new chrome number plate garnish, roof spoiler with an integrated HMSL and a redesigned rear bumper. The spotted XUV500 is the W11 variant and has a rear wiper and defogger. On the inside, the SUV is expected to receive an updated infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity.

Media reports suggest that the XUV500 facelift will likely be offered with an updated 2.2-litre, 4-cylinder diesel engine with 168 BHP and 350 Nm of torque on tap. Mahindra might also introduce a G9 petrol AT variant equipped with a 6-speed automatic gearbox. Complete list of specifications will be revealed at the official launch next month.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (41) Thanks
Old 20th March 2018, 13:55   #88
BHPian

Not so sure about how these visual updates will resonate with XUV fans. The grille looks like it is trying too much and the rear is more MUV than before. The welcome changes will be whats under the hood (168bhp/350NM) and the update to the infotainment system.
Kingston is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th March 2018, 13:56   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
The front end features a new chrome grille with a mesh design and chrome strips flanked by new twin-pod headlamps with projectors and LED DRLs.
Looks like someone from Toyota design team moved to Mahindra, another jaw drooping look.

Quote:
The vertically stacked tail lights have been replaced with triangular units with reflectors placed lower down.
Not a very good looking change either.

Last edited by sukiwa : 20th March 2018 at 13:59.
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2018, 14:03   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

The changes to front, especially the grille, is not very pleasing but is acceptable. The rear is the most disappointing. It has lost its masculine charm and looks a lot like the BRV now.
ashis89 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks