Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2018, 14:25   #166
Senior - BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Again thanks to my friend in xuv group. Heres pics of new leather seats. Also notice those grey leather upholstery. It runs on dashboard as well.
Also you can see new set of alloys.
New leather color looks nice and the leather addition to the door trim will surely make the interiors look more plush. Overall design seems similar as before. I am wondering what impact will 18inch wheels have to the ride quality. It anyways on the firm side and this might have a negative impact unless the suspension has been tuned.

Quote:
So guys latest news on Engine this time.

Its confirmed. New XUV 5oo will be coming with 155 Bhp and 360 NM Torque and not 170 Bhp as speculated earlier.

Sad news i know. However somehow i knew it wont be 170 as new Rexton (XUV 700, whichever name MnM decide) will be in 170 bhp range. Anyways, i still believe it will be a hoot to drive. Has a nice growling sound to it. Yet to be driven though.
10% power increase is decent and the figures at this price point are fairly decent. Even the current state of tune makes it a very good performer, so this increase would just make it better.
Old 2nd April 2018, 14:36   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
New leather color looks nice and the leather addition to the door trim will surely make the interiors look more plush. Overall design seems similar as before. I am wondering what impact will 18inch wheels have to the ride quality. It anyways on the firm side and this might have a negative impact unless the suspension has been tuned.
Heard that suspension has been tweeked and they are more comfortable compared to current xuv.
nitinralli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2018, 18:10   #168
Senior - BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this page!

Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-image5.jpeg

Last month, we had shared spy images of the XUV500 facelift, which revealed the various changes made to the exterior styling, both in the front and rear. A set of spy images now reveal the updated interiors of the XUV500.

Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-image4.jpeg

The latest spy images suggest that the facelift version will get tan coloured leather seat covers with diamond stitching and an all-black dashboard with silver trim on the centre console. The upper portion of the dashboard is covered in leather trim instead of bare plastic. The centre console gets a piano black fascia in place of a matte black finish. Rest of the switchgear is identical to the current XUV500 except for the gloss finish on the rotary dials. Further, there's silver trim on the gear knob, center armrest, hand brake lever and steering wheel. The twin-pod instrument cluster appears to have been carried over unchanged. Also note that much like the outgoing model, this particular variant of the XUV500 has got aluminium pedals.

Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-image3.jpeg

It has been reported that Mahindra might offer an updated touchscreen infotainment system on the XUV500 facelift. However, as per the information received, the system does not support Apple CarPlay. This suggests that the current head unit might be carried over. It has features like Android Auto, Connected Apps and EcoSense. A set of tweeters have been added on the A-pillars.

Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-image1.jpeg

Besides the cosmetic changes, the XUV500 facelift will reportedly get an updated 2.2-litre, 4-cylinder diesel engine which makes 168 BHP and 350 Nm. Although, Mahindra is yet to confirm this. It has also been rumoured that the updated XUV500 might be launched around April 18, 2018.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (17) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2018, 18:20   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this page!

Besides the cosmetic changes, the XUV500 facelift will reportedly get an updated 2.2-litre, 4-cylinder diesel engine which makes 168 BHP and 350 Nm. Although, Mahindra is yet to confirm this. It has also been rumoured that the updated XUV500 might be launched around April 18, 2018.

Link to Team-BHP News
Must say that I am very pleasantly surprised with the interiors. It looks wonderfully upmarket now without any of the gaudiness and mix of infinite textures. I am not sure if the top of the dashboard is actually leather or just plastic which looks like leather, like in the previous gen Camry.

The stitching effect is a direct copy of the Hexa's cabin, but looks pleasing nonetheless. But I absolutely loved the tan leather seats with diamond pattern stitching.

IMO, this is how the XUV's cabin should have looked in the first place - classy and understated. Good effort by M&M.
Old 2nd April 2018, 18:27   #170
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
IMO, this is how the XUV's cabin should have looked in the first place - classy and understated. Good effort by M&M.
I read your post first and then noticed the pictures above. Must say that I really had to look closer to find out the differences.

Slightly better than earlier, but not very different either IMHO. Nothing that I would call classy, still with those mosquito coil vents, messy waterfall console and twin pod meters that are too curious for attention.

The sober colour schemes and material quality helps though.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2018, 18:55   #171
Team-BHP Support

Leather stitching on the dashboard catches your attention. The next facelift will hopefully have an all-black interior theme.
Old 2nd April 2018, 19:03   #172
Distinguished - BHPian

Quality of dashboard plastics is a welcome improvement. Looks much better than the present-gen dash with wavy plastics all over, which makes it seem as if it came right out of the plastic recycle factory.

The texture of the seats and the faux stitching gives the car a really upmarket feel. They should have matched it with better designed AC vents.

They should have done something about that oddly-placed start/stop button too. It's irritating to bend over almost to where your left foot is just to start the car. All the more aggravating when you are buckled up.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2018, 21:53   #173
BHPian

I just sold my 2014 XUV. Test drove a ton of vehicles and... almost decided upon buying an XUV once again! There’s simply no alternative that checks all the boxes.

The only thing I sorely will miss is the red mood lighting. Don’t quite like the blue hues. The red was so much more animalistic.
Rathore_13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2018, 22:30   #174
Senior - BHPian

Sad to see Mahindra is still going with Manual IRVM's

Some more pictures of the interiors:

No improvements with the seat configuration. They still come with the no sliding 2nd row seats and minimal luggage space with all seats up.

Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-20180402photo00047427.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-20180402photo00047426.jpg
fusionbang is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2018, 23:34   #175
BHPian

Finalised with XUV for my uncle. He was a fan of the first edition of the car but right now is disappointed with the looks on this new one.

Just a few changes: dashboard material ditto like the Hexa, change of fabric for the seats, looks of the car and a bit tweak in power.

Going for it nonetheless as heart rules over the mind!
As for me, am happy i didn't wait a whole year for this face lift! Had expected more changes specifically to the dashboard and not just change in texture or chrome additions.

Anyways, Hope test drives start soon as we need to have the car by july-august.

Last edited by abhi7013 : 2nd April 2018 at 23:37.
abhi7013 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2018, 18:54   #176
BHPian

Wondering how would the leather on the dashboard in some of the new vehicles (fortuner, hexa, now XUV) age with our climate conditions when compared to the conventional plastic materials
Old 3rd April 2018, 19:15   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I read your post first and then noticed the pictures above. Must say that I really had to look closer to find out the differences.

Slightly better than earlier, but not very different either IMHO. Nothing that I would call classy, still with those mosquito coil vents, messy waterfall console and twin pod meters that are too curious for attention.

The sober colour schemes and material quality helps though.
Respect your opinion.

The AC vents are not a deal breaker for me and I mentioned the word "classy" relatively. Of course, I am not comparing this interior with the luxury Germans.

I actually like this interior more than the Hexa now. Of course I am not sure about the touch and feel aspect, but still it looks more premium than the Hexa.

I will wait for more detailed pictures.
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2018, 20:21   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplysaj View Post
Wondering how would the leather on the dashboard in some of the new vehicles (fortuner, hexa, now XUV) age with our climate conditions when compared to the conventional plastic materials
Yes, that is my concern too. In the Nexon or other cars with ceramic surfaces inside, folks are going ahead with adding an extra protective layer.

But no idea how to protect the leather finished surface. Would like to highlight that it's not exactly leather but just a similar finishing.

These interior images of XUV have further made me realise just how premium the finish in Hexa is and the need to carry over the same appeal for long periods of time!

Last edited by abhi7013 : 3rd April 2018 at 20:26.
Old 4th April 2018, 04:12   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So guys latest news on Engine this time.

Its confirmed. New XUV 5oo will be coming with 155 Bhp and 360 NM Torque and not 170 Bhp as speculated earlier.
Any believable word on when the 155 Bhp motor will hit the market?
Old 4th April 2018, 07:17   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
Any believable word on when the 155 Bhp motor will hit the market?
Most probably this 18/19th of the month. Many dealers across nation have already received thier stock of new XUV's.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks