Team-BHP - Nissan Micra facelift coming soon, to get new features. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.99 lakh
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Nissan Micra facelift coming soon, to get new features. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.99 lakh (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/187371-nissan-micra-facelift-coming-soon-get-new-features-edit-launched-rs-5-99-lakh.html)

The Nissan Micra will soon get a facelift in India, which will come with minor cosmetic tweaks and some feature additions. The company has released a set of teaser images of the upcoming update, revealing a few features that will be added to the facelifted car.

One of the released teaser images shows a zoomed out shot of the new Micra with the caption 'It Can Sense Rain'. This points towards the possibility of addition of rain sensing wipers to the updated model. This may as well be an indication that the facelift might be introduced in the monsoon season. Other features that will likely be added to the new Micra include a touchscreen infotainment system and reverse parking sensors and camera.

Changes on the 2017 Micra will likely be limited to the feature list and cosmetics. As a result, it is not expected to get any mechanical updates and will thus be powered by the same 1.2-litre petrol and 1.5-litre diesel engines. Both these powerplants come with a 5-speed manual gearbox as standard, while the petrol model also comes with a CVT unit.

Nissan Micra facelift coming soon, to get new features. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.99 lakh-dbdc2suvwaa2vn4.jpg

:thumbs upIs this the model headed here? Looks chik.

Nissan Micra facelift coming soon, to get new features. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.99 lakh-micra-1.jpg Nissan Micra facelift coming soon, to get new features. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.99 lakh-micra-3.jpg
Nissan Micra facelift coming soon, to get new features. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.99 lakh-micra-2.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoumenD (Post 4208451)
:thumbs upIs this the model headed here? Looks chik.

No, what we'll be getting is a facelift of the current car. The images you have posted are of the next gen Micra. Nissan currently has no plans to bring this to our shores.

Quote:

Originally Posted by y2ksrs (Post 4208462)
No, what we'll be getting is a facelift of the current car. The images you have posted are of the next gen Micra. Nissan currently has no plans to bring this to our shores.

Why do they not want to bring the new one instead? The facelift wont help even cross the 4 digit mark.

The market is ripe for the next gen Micra and they could place it against the i20/Baleno and rake in very good numbers as these cars are doing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dZired (Post 4208429)
Other features that will likely be added to the new Micra include a touchscreen infotainment system and reverse parking sensors and camera.
Changes on the 2017 Micra will likely be limited to the feature list and cosmetics.

Micra is such a small car, a passenger sitting at the front has plentiful plastics in contact with the body. The need of the hour is a spacious car with generous legroom for passengers, nothing will change by providing these features, am sure they will plonk the Touchscreen HU from Terrano. Wonder why they are so lethargic to do a decent facelift.

I read an interview kind of Mr Guillaume Sicard, the out going president of Nissan India in HBL sometime back; that they don't or wont want to compete with Maruti or Hyundai in India. The plan is to make Nissan a premium brand in India (Honda way?) and Datsun to cater volume segment.

Under this, Nissan is going to discontinue Micra and Sunny by 2022 and the new gen micra wont be manufactured in India.

All their plan is to re-lunch X-Trail, Teana and probably Leaf.

Excerpt from the interview:
Quote:

Going forward, Nissan will be positioned as the more premium global brand for India with the best in technology. Datsun is more about access to four-wheel mobility with good design and efficient functionalities with the best-in-class price and total cost of ownership.
IMO, it is good for them as with new gen Micra, there is no way they can compete with i20 or Jazz with the current level of infrastructure and sales team they have. It is not that Micra is a bad product, in fact it is very competitive with the price range, but challenging Maruti or Hyundai on B2 segment is not easy in India.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deehunk (Post 4208474)
Micra is such a small car, a passenger sitting at the front has plentiful plastics in contact with the body. The need of the hour is a spacious car with generous legroom for passengers, nothing will change by providing these features, am sure they will plonk the Touchscreen HU from Terrano. Wonder why they are so lethargic to do a decent facelift.

I am sorry, but in last 5 years that I am driving a humble Micra, I never found it 'such small'. Space management like any Japanese manufacturer is pretty smart, in fact somehow decent in the segment it is placed.

2017 Updated Micra launch is set for 2nd June, 2017. There might be a price cut as they did with the 2017 Sunny recently.

Source

Quote:

Originally Posted by PetrolRider (Post 4208535)
The plan is to make Nissan a premium brand in India (Honda way?) and Datsun to cater volume segment.

Under this, Nissan is going to discontinue Micra and Sunny by 2022 and the new gen micra wont be manufactured in India.

IMO, it is good for them as with new gen Micra, there is no way they can compete with i20 or Jazz with the current level of infrastructure and sales team they have. It is not that Micra is a bad product, in fact it is very competitive with the price range, but challenging Maruti or Hyundai on B2 segment is not easy in India.

Wonderful! India is going to have so many Pseudo-premium brands. They cannot compete with the likes of a Suzuki or Hyundai, and they are no way close to the real premium segment – in no-man’s land?

They should really look at the likes of Hyundai to see how they can build a successful portfolio rather than tugging along with old generation models.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vb-san (Post 4208592)
They should really look at the likes of Hyundai to see how they can build a successful portfolio rather than tugging along with old generation models.

It would be harakiri for Japanese to copy Korean model lol:. I think they would rather be happy to copy fellow Japanese Honda.

Jokes apart, I am wondering what a portfolio they are planning for India, a 30 lac + petrol SUV (x-trail hybrid), a petrol guzzler D+ segment sedan (Teana), fully electric leaf with 0 supporting infrastructure and GTR :Frustrati.

Wouldn't it be rather better to shutdown the Nissan brand in India and focus more on Datsun and Renault?

Quote:

Originally Posted by PetrolRider (Post 4208609)

Jokes apart, I am wondering what a portfolio they are planning for India, a 30 lac + petrol SUV (x-trail hybrid), a petrol guzzler D+ segment sedan (Teana), fully electric leaf with 0 supporting infrastructure and GTR :Frustrati.

Knowing India's SUV craze, Nissan Kicks would be a good addition. They can keep flogging the Micra and the Sunny for fleet use. I think they are reliable, no-frills, comfortable workhorses.

I wonder what keeps such companies from bringing a potent vehicle to Indian shores. Our nation has shown acceptability to almost all good vehicles in whatever shapes or sizes, Hyundai elite i20 & Creta is one example where people are ready to shell out more for a good package.

I drove the nissan juke once in a foreign land & it was a pleasure to drive car with great looks (debatable) & i really feel India will surely welcome such cars with open arms, still i fail to understand why the manufacturers keep on selling outdated stuff with slight or little modifications to our nation. Come on Nissan see how Maruti's and Hyundai's are making a mark in almost every territory. Is it too difficult to learn & understand? Isn't the failure of Chevrolet enough to open up your eyes?

New teaser image points towards the presence of automatic headlamps.

Nissan Micra facelift coming soon, to get new features. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.99 lakh-dbjcpp0uqaaknjl.jpg

The decision to NOT bring the new Micra to India is absolutely ridiculous IMO. Premium hatchbacks sell for sure. No doubts about that. And I've seen the new Micra plying on roads here, and it's gorgeous! Looks every bit European.

Personally, I find it quite ludicrous that Nissan is trying to be a premium brand in India. IMO, none of their current cars on sale exude any sort of premium feel. Barring perhaps the Teana & the X-Trail which, if I'm not wrong, is based on a platform which existed since the beginning of time. The Terrano is just a Duster with the Nissan badge slapped on. No premium feel there whatsoever. And the current Micra? Sure it has a tractable diesel, but again it's not even on nodding terms with the concept of premium.

So what the heck are you smoking, Nissan India?

Overdrive speculates the following prices for the 2017 Nissan Micra Active. Read the related article here.
*all prices ex-showroom Mumbai.

Going by the speculations in various websites, the following is expected.

# LED DRLs.
# Revised front and rear bumpers.
# Redesigned tail lamps
# A new infotainment system with navigation and other supported apps.
# automatic rain sensing wipers
# Automatic headlamps.
# Reverse parking sensors / camera.

Everything else is expected to remain the same.

I guess, they couldn't have done more with the existing Micra.

But, are they really planning to keep it alive till 2022?

Imagine the :deadhorse emoji with the guy with a white beard, beating the skeleton of the horse.