Team-BHP - Hyundai Elite i20 Facelift, now launched at Rs 5.35 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Hyundai Elite i20 Facelift, now launched at Rs 5.35 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/187427-hyundai-elite-i20-facelift-now-launched-rs-5-35-lakhs-5.html)

The rear light pattern resembles too much with the first generation of Audi Q3.

Hyundai's i20 Elite face-lift now appears in blue!

Hyundai Elite i20 Facelift, now launched at Rs 5.35 lakhs-2018hyundaielitei20faceliftnewspyshot1.jpg

Hyundai Elite i20 Facelift, now launched at Rs 5.35 lakhs-2018hyundaielitei20faceliftnewspyshot2.jpg

source
https://www.cartoq.com/hyundai-i20-e...no-challenger/

Received these pictures in WhatsApp.

Hyundai Elite i20 Facelift, now launched at Rs 5.35 lakhs-img20180205wa0015.jpg

Hyundai Elite i20 Facelift, now launched at Rs 5.35 lakhs-img20180206wa0000.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikhs (Post 4351255)
Received these pictures in WhatsApp.

I don't know why but the rear seems similar to S Cross for me. The rear looks good IMO and the overall car too in that colour.
cpics:

Looking at the orange one made me feel like it is a Creta with a lower stance.
Whoever came up with the family design/grill concept in the car world!!:Frustrati

No pics of the passenger door yet but I hope they provide a request sensor on both front doors like the Baleno.

1) The rear number plate has moved up from the bumper to the tailgate.
2) It still gets only one reverse light which is really inadequate for our country.
3) Wish Hyundai gives the face-lifted version ABS across variants. Its high time they copy what MSIL is doing in this regard.
4) Its sacrilege to think that if one were to buy the i20 AT, there isn't an option to get it with ABS. An update is long overdue. And hopefully AT will be available in the higher variants too now that it is a 1.2 CVT and will attract lower taxes.
5) Nice alloys. Looks very similar to a Mercedes. :)

Here's my wish-list for the new i20
  1. Should be available in both MT and AT
  2. AT should be a 6 speed box
  3. AT should be available in the top end variant with all the bells and whistles
  4. Optional sun-roof (non-availability is not a deal-breaker)
  5. Should be available in vibrant colours (non-availability is not a deal-breaker)

When many potential customers are willing to pay for the above, Hyundai should make this available.

Hyundai, hope you listen and action.

Few more pictures of the face lifted i20

A few more from one of my sources:

Hyundai Elite i20 Facelift, now launched at Rs 5.35 lakhs-1.jpg

Hyundai Elite i20 Facelift, now launched at Rs 5.35 lakhs-2.jpg

Hyundai Elite i20 Facelift, now launched at Rs 5.35 lakhs-3.jpg

Hyundai Elite i20 Facelift, now launched at Rs 5.35 lakhs-4.jpg

Hyundai are on a spree to make the cars appear sportier(Elantra->Verna->i20). Hope the new i20 satiates the hunger of an enthusiast as well.

I am a fan of the current gen i20 tail-lights, they look imperial on highways during night drives. From the pics, it appears the tail-light design has changed. And the addition of number plate to the hatch has made the car to appear S-cross/Brezza'ish from the rear.

Quote:

A few more from one of my sources:
It is safe to assume that the 'Rear Parking Camera' (in higher variants) on the Facelift I20 will now be concealed above the registration plate.
If my memory serves me right, this is the first iteration of I20 where the rear camera will not stick out like a sore thumb!! clap:

The front facia seems aggressive with that tweaked/reworked bumper, but not a fan of that black "Fake Diffuser" like thingy at the rear.

Personally, hated that design/concept on the Grand I10 facelift, and looks like the feeling isn't changing with the facelift I20!! :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vik0728 (Post 4351598)
If my memory serves me right, this is the first iteration of I20 where the rear camera will not stick out like a sore thumb!! clap:

First generation had it brilliantly implemented under the logo. Second generation had a lame knob for the camera placement and I'm glad its gone now.

Not too sure what I feel about the new the design yet though.

I personally am not a fan of license plates on the hatch.
Somehow destroys the clean sloping hatchback look, and is more prone to rattles on older cars (as the hatch is opened/ closed everyday and the license plate screws suffer from that extra thump).
But I guess adding that black band in the rear bumper cover necessitated moving the license plate recess to the hatch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 (Post 4351563)
I am a fan of the current gen i20 tail-lights, they look imperial on highways during night drives. From the pics, it appears the tail-light design has changed.

+1. Even I felt that and they should have stuck with the same as it gives a family look with Elantra and Verna.