Team-BHP - Hyundai Elite i20 Facelift, now launched at Rs 5.35 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Hyundai Elite i20 Facelift, now launched at Rs 5.35 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/187427-hyundai-elite-i20-facelift-now-launched-rs-5-35-lakhs.html)

Hyundai have begun testing the (Elite) i20's facelifted version in India. Thanks to Autocar India for snapping a couple of pictures of a camouflaged test mule. This may be the first sighting of a facelifted i20 test mule anywhere in the world.

The front features the new Hyundai family grille - a large "cascading hexagon" with horizontal chrome slats as seen on the facelifted Xcent, next generation Verna etc.:

Hyundai Elite i20 Facelift, now launched at Rs 5.35 lakhs-0_0_300_httpcdni.autocarindia.comextraimages20170422115752_ix1.jpg

Hyundai Elite i20 Facelift, now launched at Rs 5.35 lakhs-0_0_300_httpcdni.autocarindia.comnews20170422115822_ix2.jpg

Hyundai are also believed to be testing their 1.0-litre Kappa T-GDI turbo-petrol motor, which may be offered in addition to the existing engine line-up. ACI also speculate a 2018 Auto Expo launch for the facelifted i20.

Quote:

Expect Hyundai to unveil the refreshed i20 (seen here) sometime next year, possibly as early as the beginning of 2018 at the Auto Expo.
Source

2018 Hyundai i20 – IAB Rendering

Expected to launch in India early next year. (Most Likely at Auto Expo 2018).

Hyundai Elite i20 Facelift, now launched at Rs 5.35 lakhs-2018hyundaielitei20frontthreequarteriabrendering.jpg

Quote:

The front fascia has been completely restyled with cues borrowed from the international-spec Hyundai i30, featuring a larger hexagonal grille with chrome slats and chrome surround, sleeker swept-back headlamps with projector lighting and LED DRLs, sportier bumper design with Hyundai’s Air Curtain inlets, and new 16-inch dual tone alloy wheels. At the rear, Hyundai has lifted the registration plate to the hatch.
Quote:

To compete with the Maruti Baleno RS and VW Polo GT, Hyundai could introduce a performance-oriented variant, which could pack the 1.0L T-GDI engine available in the international-spec version that produces 100 PS and 171 Nm of torque, paired with a 5-speed manual gearbox.
Source

Mod Note: Moving these two i20 posts to an independent thread. Thanks for sharing!

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Here's a scoop from Autocar, clearly showing the new family grill on the i20

Spotted in Tamil Nadu by a Motorbeam reader.

Quote:

The facelifted Elite i20 was heavily camouflaged from the front, rear as well as the sides and revealed only the alloy wheels on it which are inspired from Alfa Romeo. The facelifted Elite i20 will be bearing the same fluidic design language as the current model. The premium hatchback will get Hyundai’s signature hexagonal front grille with chrome slats. Hyundai has also tweaked the front bumper and the headlights get a new updated design. The overall proportions of the car are expected to remain the same. The sides of the 2018 Hyundai Elite i20 tell the same story, while at the rear, the company is expected to give a new bumper and tail-lights. The registration plate will now be placed on the boot instead of the bumper. The interiors of the vehicle were covered but expect new upholstery inside while the dash layout is expected to remain the same.

Hyundai Elite i20 Facelift, now launched at Rs 5.35 lakhs-2018hyundaielitei20spiedfront.jpg

Hyundai Elite i20 Facelift, now launched at Rs 5.35 lakhs-hyundaielitei20bonnet.jpg

Hyundai Elite i20 Facelift, now launched at Rs 5.35 lakhs-hyundaielitei20frontspied.jpg

Hyundai Elite i20 Facelift, now launched at Rs 5.35 lakhs-hyundaielitei20headlamp.jpg

Hyundai Elite i20 Facelift, now launched at Rs 5.35 lakhs-2018hyundaielitei20interiors.jpg

Hyundai Elite i20 Facelift, now launched at Rs 5.35 lakhs-2018hyundaielitei20spied1.jpg

Hyundai Elite i20 Facelift, now launched at Rs 5.35 lakhs-hyundaielitei20spottedrear.jpg

Wow, those rims are so similar to the ones that were offered on the pre-facelift Mercedes A-Class!

Hyundai Elite i20 Facelift, now launched at Rs 5.35 lakhs-33qgf5z_1079478_1_7985038.jpg

Pic Source: Carwale

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 4213403)
Spotted in Tamil Nadu by a Motorbeam reader.

Thank you RavenAvi for sharing this here. :thumbs up

IMO, the I20 Elite in its current form looks stunning, and hopefully Hyundai do not go all bonkers with this facelift.

But what has really excited me is the re-introduction of All Round Disc Brakes in I20. clap:

This looks good. Constantly upgrading their cars is what has got Hyundai, where it is today. Respect.

Having said that, I am unable to make out whether this is a manual variant or an auto tranny, owing to the reflection of the other white car. I hope that, HMIL does introduce the auto variant in ASTA(O) as well this time. Currently, it is only available in Magna and makes no sense to buy it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vik0728 (Post 4213513)
But what has really excited me is the re-introduction of All Round Disc Brakes in I20. clap:

Eagle eyes! :thumbs up

Braking was always fine on the i20. So why does it need disk brakes on all 4 wheels?

Hoping against hope that Hyundai is planning a 1.6 diesel variant or something to match up to the likes of Figo S.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vik0728 (Post 4213513)
IMO, the I20 Elite in its current form looks stunning, and hopefully Hyundai do not go all bonkers with this facelift.

Sorry to say this, Hyundai have always messed up the Facelifts. The Verna Transform, Sonata Embera, Verna 4S, are all good examples. Their original form was much better then the Facelift one's.

Let's hope they don't mess again this good looking car at least this time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amtak (Post 4213553)
Having said that, I am unable to make out whether this is a manual variant or an auto tranny, owing to the reflection of the other white car. I hope that, HMIL does introduce the auto variant in ASTA(O) as well this time. Currently, it is only available in Magna and makes no sense to buy it.

AT in Asta O will put it in price range of Rapid/Vento TSI. So, highly unlikely Hyundai is going to introduce Top Spec Trim. At the same time, they should remove those ugly Stylish Steel Wheels provided on Asta. Also, Current Asta isn't as loaded as earlier Asta, so Hyundai needs to rectify that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 4213559)
Braking was always fine on the i20. So why does it need disk brakes on all 4 wheels?

Hoping against hope that Hyundai is planning a 1.6 diesel variant or something to match up to the likes of Figo S.

Braking is fine, if you compare it with likes of Alto, Go, Nano, Kwid etc. But compared to Polo, Jazz, Baleno, the brakes on i20 are lethargic. I have given up driving my i20 Due to poor brakes. Even my recently acquired Ignis Brakes are much better.

If Hyundai wishes to correct this, they should make those Disc's all around standard across engines & variants, rather then restricting it just for Asta (O) like they currently are doing right now w.r.t Feature List.

1.6 Diesel, even if offered will be more expensive & will be no match for Figo S in terms of Dynamics. That car is a different thing altogether. Hyundai can only dream of having one like that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarguyNish (Post 4213582)
Sorry to say this, Hyundai have always messed up the Facelifts. The Verna Transform, Sonata Embera, Verna 4S, are all good examples. Their original form was much better then the Facelift one's.

Let's hope they don't mess again this good looking car at least this time.

They will do the same facelift for this one too. after fludic design this is the new design for all their cars

Quote:

AT in Asta O will put it in price range of Rapid/Vento TSI. So, highly unlikely Hyundai is going to introduce Top Spec Trim. At the same time, they should remove those ugly Stylish Steel Wheels provided on Asta. Also, Current Asta isn't as loaded as earlier Asta, so Hyundai needs to rectify that.

Agree, but there would always be someone who is willing to pay for a fully loaded automatic car than letting them slip through into the hands of another company. I am not saying that off the 9000 units sold every month, 1000 + are automatics, but slowly, the percentage of automatic cars is increasing.

When I was looking to buy my car last year, only reason I didnt consider I20 then was it didn't have an auto tranny. Later, they launched it but in Magna. Having said that, my Figo DCT is more loaded than many under 4 meter sedans.

Quote:

If Hyundai wishes to correct this, they should make those Disc's all around standard across engines & variants, rather then restricting it just for Asta (O) like they currently are doing right now w.r.t Feature List.

I have the Asta(o) and there are no rear disc brakes, unfortunately. Perhaps, the facelift should have it.

Also during my test drive, I drove the Polo and i20 on consecutive days and have to say, I didn't find much difference in their braking; both cars were good with braking.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 4213403)

They are testing it in OOTY, looks like the launch is imminent.