Team-BHP - Honda launches Pro Care maintenance packages in India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Honda launches Pro Care maintenance packages in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/187722-honda-launches-pro-care-maintenance-packages-india.html)

Honda has launched maintenance and service packages for its range of cars in India. The said packages have been introduced for all models in Honda cars India's portfolio, except the CR-V crossover. Honda is also offering various other value added services under the Pro Care packages, including anti-rust coating, paint protection, rodent protection, AC cleaning and interior dry cleaning.

For the Brio, Amaze, Mobilio, Jazz and City, the maintenance packages offer a coverage of 2 years / 40,000 km (whichever is earlier). On the other hand, the packages for Honda BR-V, WR-V and Accord cover a period of 3 years / 30,000 km, whichever is earlier. These packages need to be opted for by the customer before the car's 2nd free service. The said maintenance packages insulate the car owner from any rise in labor or maintenance charges for the said coverage period. These packages can also be transferred in case the car is sold to another owner.

Honda launches Pro Care maintenance packages in India-maintenance.jpg

Honda is also offering extended warranty packages for its Indian line-up of cars. These packages can be used to extend the standard warranty of Honda cars by one year or two years. It must be noted that Honda's extended warranty packages must be opted before the lapse of the standard warranty of a car.

Honda launches Pro Care maintenance packages in India-samplepage0001.jpg
Honda launches Pro Care maintenance packages in India-samplepage0002.jpg

The company has further introduced one time warranty packages. Through these packages, a Honda car owner can opt for a warranty, if his/her car is under 7 years old and has less than 1 lakh kilometers on the odometer. The one-time warranty package provides a coverage of 1 year / 20,000 km (whichever is earlier).

The Honda Pro Care also has roadside assistance packages on offer. This service offers support for towing, battery jump start, key lockout, taxi assistance and fuel delivery. The RSA packages can be opted till the 5th year of the car's life.

Honda launches Pro Care maintenance packages in India-capture.jpg

Honda has added express service and repair capabilities to some of its dealerships across India. The company is claiming that these workshops can deliver a car service in 3 hours, while repair and paint jobs can be completed in 4 hours. The company is hoping to expand these capabilities to multiple dealership workshops across India to minimize the downtime for its customers.

The company has also added multiple online services to its official website. Customers can book a service and access service cost calculator on the Pro Care page on Honda's website. The company is also adding user manuals of its cars on the website so that they can be accessed easily by the customers.

Source: MyCarHelpline

Excellent offering, thanks for sharing!

They need a bit of tweaking though. Few private owners will do 40,000 km in 2 years. The plan & pricing should have been for an average of 10,000 km a year. Still, for those with high running, the pricing is good.

The 3 year plans are terrifically priced. A BR-V will cost me just 3.2k a year for maintenance, while the same for the Accord is merely 5.6k.

Don't understand why some models have 2 year options and the others 3. This just makes things confusing. Honda should simplify and offer 2, 3 and even 4 - 5 year packages for its entire range.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dZired (Post 4215390)
These packages can also be transferred in case the car is sold to another owner.

:thumbs up.

Quote:

The company has further introduced one time warranty packages. Through these packages, a Honda car owner can opt for a warranty, if his/her car is under 7 years old and has less than 1 lakh kilometers on the odometer
So, if my City has a major failure at the 6 year / 85,000 km mark, I can buy this one-time warranty? Cool. Am sure there are some riders (e.g. car should have full service history at the authorised workshop etc.).

Thanks, great info!

and i always thought these packages would be costing similar for all Honda models as there is huge overlap of engine, transmission & parts across the new 6 models of Jazz, Amaze, WR-V, City, Mobilio and BR-V

Maintenance packages of WR-V are the cheapest even though it shares most parts with its sibling Jazz. Honda is indeed re-enforcing their service quality commitment by rolling these offers.

I wonder why diesel maintenance package costs 50 to 80% more than petrol variants. Does it imply that diesel cars are 50 to 80% more expensive to maintain? How are maintenance plans structured for other car manufacturers?

What exactly is covered under the Pro care packages? All scheduled services, I am guessing. As per Honda's online service cost calculator, cost of services upto 30K for Jazz is around 8853 in Mumbai. Assuming WR-V to cost approximately same, What additional benefits will the 1K rupees have? Or maybe, the online calculator omits some small items from the cost. For example I could not find windscreen washer fluid included in the calculator.

Does anyone have detailed list of inclusions & exclusions for the packages? I couldn't find it easily on Honda's website. It only said Contact your nearest dealer for more information

Excellent move but somehow the best deals are on the W-RV and the Accord for some reason. I think that has something to do with the once a year service interval as compared to 6 monthly for the others :deadhorse

The one time warranty service is a new thing I think, I haven't heard anything like this before. I believe it would make sense to get it when the extended warranty runs out. But I just want to know if I develop a fault with my car at 6yrs/65k kms and it has been diagnosed at Honda A.S.S. and if the repair cost is too high, could I just get the warranty at that time and claim warranty? I'm just asking if it can be done genuinely under this scheme otherwise I'm sure with a Friendly SA,the A.S.S would happily turn a blind eye to your problem before the warranty.

EDIT: Honda has the prices on the website for both types of customers

Type A: Good service records according to the manufacturer
Type B: Poor service records

I think offering the Type B option is remarkable and even more pathbreaking than this whole AnyTime warranty thing. The scariest part of buying a used car is poor service history and no warranty. Now you can buy warranty no matter how bad the service history. I hope honda can back this up with good advertising and better products in the entry level space. But good to see Honda innovating at its core strengths, reliability and service.

Here I was thinking Honda was an automobile manufacturer; turns out they have ventured into the insurance market big time.

While this is certainly not a bad move, I would be more excited if Honda offered more engine-gearbox options.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4215890)
They need a bit of tweaking though. Few private owners will do 40,000 km in 2 years. The plan & pricing should have been for an average of 10,000 km a year.

Exactly. For owners having high running, it isn't of much use IMHO.

I haven't taken extended warranty for Ritz and Swift. Extended warranty was taken only for Ertiga and Alto K10 because these two are normal running cars and not my type of taxi competing running.stupid:

Are the prices they are asking for reasonable?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 4216992)
I haven't taken extended warranty for Ritz and Swift.

I feel extended Warranty for today's cars is worth every penny.

I have seen many cases where a lot was replaced peacefully only because Extended Warranty covered it despite of the car clocking more than 1.2 Lac Kms. Take for Instance Arun's Linea that has EW Coverage for 1.5 Lac kms and how he got the complete Windscreen replaced only recently. Else we all know how much it costs to pay from pocket.

And I am referring to a car that clocks more miles than you or me.

In my own case, I never had to claim anything from Extended Warranty for the WagonR but in case of Ertiga, I got the steering rack assembly replaced under extended warranty which otherwise would have made me spend at least 9-10K from pocket because It had already run beyond 40,000 kms.

I insist that you avail extended warranty for your next car. aka - S-Cross 1.6 which you have been contemplating on. Modern day cars are sensitive and Extended warranty will come to rescue, big time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by smartcat (Post 4216039)
I wonder why diesel maintenance package costs 50 to 80% more than petrol variants. Does it imply that diesel cars are 50 to 80% more expensive to maintain? How are maintenance plans structured for other car manufacturers?

Fuel Filters for Diesel cost more than Petrols and will need frequent replacement than their Petrol counterparts.

Apart from that, most Petrol here I presume 1.2L while Diesels are 1.5 and hence equivalent increase with Engine Oil capacities too.

Apart from that, rest of the service and liquids cost the same for both P and Ds.

I was delighted on hearing this news , since I purchased the BRV CVT in Feb. ( covered 2,500km and completed first free service) . Yesterday afternoon at 2.00pm , I went to Solitare Honda, Borivali (Both Showroom and Service center on the same plot) and asked to sign up for the maintenance package. No one seemed to know anything about it!!!. I was asked to contact the "Service Manager" who was not in. I will make another attempt to contact him on Monday, since I am tied up for the weekend.
But it is quite surprising that Honda is not publicizing this news, since it is good for sales and the Brand. OR are Dealers are not too keen to push the package?
I will update the outcome on this thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SanjayDalal (Post 4218170)
Yesterday afternoon at 2.00pm, I went to Solitare Honda, Borivali (Both Showroom and Service center on the same plot) and asked to sign up for the maintenance package. No one seemed to know anything about it!!!. I was asked to contact the "Service Manager" who was not in. I will make another attempt to contact him on Monday, since I am tied up for the weekend.
But it is quite surprising that Honda is not publicizing this news, since it is good for sales and the Brand. OR are Dealers are not too keen to push the package ?

Yes, even Arya Honda did not have any idea about this maintenance package, I was looking forward on taking this for my 2017 City petrol MT, the price list on our forum shows 13500 rupees for 2 years/40000 kms whereas the AMC from Arya Honda is nearly 27000 rupees for the same 2 years/40000 kms.

I spoke to my SA first, he then asked his friends who were walking around, then the various asst. managers, then came their other managers and many more people came to read this thread on my phone but not a single person had any clue. Looks like Honda has not informed the dealers about this yet. They told me to forward this thread's link to their email ids so that they can read more about it, looks like Team-BHP will get many new readers now.

If anyone has more information about this package please share it here.

I just got off the phone with Honda Company helpline and subsequently with Solitare Honda Borivali. I had earlier contacted Solitare Honda with regards to Honda pro care package and they told me that, they had no information about it and they would get back to me. But no one did.
Earlier this afternoon I got a service reminder from Solitare Honda for 2nd free service for my Honda BRV . When I asked the lady for the pro care package, I was told some one would call me back. I immediately called Honda Car Co. helpline, and the gentleman at the other end could not confirm any information on this . He simply said that he would get the dealership to get back to me. I told him that the dealership had no knowledge of this package and not responded to me. Thereafter I rang up the dealership again and talked to the service manager Mr. Kevin. He politely told me that Solitare Honda will not be following the Honda Procare plan. He then said the service people will get back to me as to actual cost they plan to charge.
Does any Tbhpian have a contact no. for senior Honda Managers?
I need to to take a decision BEFORE the second free service/ Or will any other dealer in Mumbai honour the Procare plan?

Solitaire is a big dealer in Mumbai. How can they not offer something that Honda offers? This will be a flop even before it starts if dealers are allowed to exclude themselves from this offering. In my opinion Honda should force each and every dealer that they have to provide this service.

I feel that Solitaire may still be working out the commercials for this with Honda. Solitaire(Navnit Group) are very influential car dealers here and have dealership for a lot of brands right from the Marutis till the expensive Europeans.

Otherwise this is an excellent move. It takes the ownership anxiety out of equation.

Honda Cars India Ltd. (HCIL) has launched a new customer service section on their official website. The new section has been developed to provide detailed service related information to customers.

Honda launches Pro Care maintenance packages in India-honda.jpg

Key features of this section include-
- Online service booking
- Service cost estimation
- Maintenance packages
- Express service
- Easy maintenance tips
- Information about upcoming service camps

Other information related to extended warranty and roadside assistance has also been provided. Honda also hopes to educate customers by providing maintenance tips and highlighting the importance of periodic maintenance. Customers can also get their queries answered through the website's FAQ section.

With the cost of Honda spares priced in terms of gold and the quality going downstream, I doubt if they'll have repeat customers.

On my recent bill, I got charged Rs. 1800 for an alternator belt + GST + labour. This is just for starters. A brake pad set change can quote anywhere near Rs. 8-9K with labour and taxes. This is madness. At-least here in Pune at Crystal Honda.