Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2006, 18:37   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639
kallil, could you tell me how you got in touch with maruti. whered did you send the mail to?
I am noy able to send from their website as their message length needs to be very small and i wrote a long mail describing my problem.

thanks
i used their website...i explained the problem in brief...
also topped it by saying that it was my third car upgrade(all marutis)-guess that helped..
Old 8th November 2006, 22:23   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

I'd ordered the roof-end rear spoiler with my black Swift Vxi when I'd booked it at RNS Motors, Yeshwantpur on May 2006. The car got delivered - but RNS said they weren't able to source the spoiler. And I was particular abt SGA. Now, my car's coming up for its 2nd free service in December, and upon querying RNS last week, they were exasperated that Maruti had not supplied this accessory since March 2006 itself.

Cutting to the chase, coincidentally a few days after my talk with RNS, this week, I rcd a feedback form from Dr Kumar, Advisor-Engineering, from Maruti HQ Gurgaon, in which I rated them on the lower side of average primarily due to this unacceptable accessory condition. I was surprised when I got a call following that feedback form from Mohan XXX, from Maruti Regional Office, Bangalore. He wanted to understand abt the lowly 6.73 average rating. After presenting my PoV, he claims that during my 2nd service coming up, I shall have a SGA roof-end rear spoiler. I am pleasantly surprised!

Last edited by theMAG : 8th November 2006 at 22:26.
Old 9th November 2006, 00:18   #18
Senior - BHPian

This is really so good on maruti's part.Most maruti car's cost half of their competition,spares and service are dont know how many times cheaper so margins from a single customer are much less than the others but inspite of this each customer is treated like a king at maruti whereas in the case of the others inspite of spending so much you are at their mercy.

Something for everybody to take note of.
Old 9th November 2006, 16:56   #19
BANNED

Here's my 2 cents for Maruti.

I had given my alto at Indus motors (A.S.S) for it's 4th service. It had a K&N extreme filter fitted. After the service, filter was damage due to somebody's negligence.
I pointed it out to the senior works manager there and he assured me with a replacement. I still had doubts and the next day, I had a knock on my door. It was MARUTI guys with a new filter. Phew!!!
Old 9th November 2006, 17:00   #20
Senior - BHPian

They gave replacement for an aftermarket filter

Last edited by Technocrat : 9th November 2006 at 17:02.
Old 9th November 2006, 17:10   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support

That is truly and stupendously amazing! Is it any surprise that Maruti rocks the charts in customer satisfaction.

Nice to hear a great manufacturer experience...
Old 9th November 2006, 18:08   #22
Team-BHP Support

I finally managed to send my mail to them. I am not sure if i can post it here. It's rather long. I've got 2 mails from them, one from Maruti and the other from the dealer i bought the car Pratham.
I am supposed to take the car to them and they have assured they will have any problem fixed under warranty.

Till now no *** was able to fix it. Let's see what happens now.

I've explained the problems I have been facing here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...leaning-2.html
Old 9th November 2006, 18:38   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat
They gave replacement for an aftermarket filter
Exactly! And that's the reason I posted it here.

Though, it was evident that the filter was damaged in their hands.
Old 10th November 2006, 00:12   #24
Team-BHP Support

IMO the service quality is a huge matter of the local dealer and his attitude towards the customer. Here in Hyderabad I have known a lot of people who purchased and serviced there Maruti from Varun. Most of them say that they have no options but to suffer the aloof staff of Varun. Apparently, they are one of the largest Maruti dealers in the country and even Maruti pampers them a lot. But customers suffer...

One case is one of my colleagues who went to inquire about the discount on the Baleno. When asked why the discount was so low as others offer higher discounts the sales guy gave a patronizing reply, "sir, when you buy from Varun it is different from buying from 'others'"... and went on rattling about their achievements. People say they are creaking with load and hence even the service standards have gone down.

I think dealers in Bangalore like Bimal are also of ill-repute... So there...
Old 10th November 2006, 10:10   #25
BHPian

Me too had a bad experience with Bimal trying to buy a Maruti Zen about 5 months back. Salemen too much drunk on success. In that part of Bangalore he is the only dealer with an impressive showroom. So most of the software crowd falls for the same.

Bought the car from Mandovi and the experience has been pleasent through out.

Had gone with a problem of leaky 'O' ring at the distributor mount. Repair was done and since the queue was long for car wash (post service) and I had some other work that day. So left the place and forgot all about it. Then couple of days later I get a feedback form in which I just mentioned that I didn't get the wash as the waiting time was long. That's it. Couple of days later out of the blue I get a call from their service center asking 'How could you do this sir ? Now Maruti is going to take action on us for not washing the car before delivery' The funny part is the service guy is insisting on taking the car from my home personally wash it and give it back. It had to take all my persuasion to stop him from doing that

So much for Maruti muscle power.

No wonder they top the TCS rating....

regards
Bullfrog
Old 10th November 2006, 11:15   #26
BHPian

I also have had very good experiences with Maruti, I exchanged my ealier Baleno done about 70000 kms to another Baleno last Nov.
I kept complaining about the clutch feel not being good and now with about 16000kms on the odo RNS Bangalore and Maruti have decided to replace the same with SGP parts to satisfy me, they are importing the clutch as it is not available here any more. What is available are MGP and that is what is running in my car at the moment. So I am waiting for the 20000kms service to replace the clutch

MARUTI and RNS are simply AWESOME
Old 10th November 2006, 11:19   #27
BHPian

Just got my car servcied at Wilson garden Mandovi, 75K service and the engine compartment service has been extremely good. This is my first experience with them and they way they have polished the engine compartment ..it's class -apart.

So I will suggest to aviod getting your cars serviced during pre-festival rush, my last service was unsatisfactory even after keeping the car for 2 days in the service centre.

Wilson garden scores way above JP nagar Mandovi
Old 10th November 2006, 11:23   #28
BHPian

I heard somewhere that at the mention of 'Team-BHP' you are given star treatment @ RNS

Is it true ?
Old 10th November 2006, 11:30   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullfrog
I heard somewhere that at the mention of 'Team-BHP' you are given star treatment @ RNS

Is it true ?
They do not discriminate customers as far as I have seen, I have not mentioned TEAM BHP at any point to get claims done at RNS, or even to the Maruti engineers i interact with.

I have decided that any future purchase will be a Mruti and at RNS only
Old 10th November 2006, 11:47   #30
BHPian

nice to know of such great gesture from Maruti, wish Skoda and others were learning a lesson off it!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks