Team-BHP - Mock Online Test for Driving Licence
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Mock Online Test for Driving Licence (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/188409-mock-online-test-driving-licence.html)

I happened to come across this site that has several mock tests for Learners and Driving Licence for India, updated as per the 2017 manual.

Driving-Test.in

I took one of the tests and left it midway after getting about 4 answers wrong. I guess I need to update my knowledge on the driving rules in India.stupid:

I think this will be a good site for anyone who wants to practice before taking the actual test.

Nice link. Took the test some time back and managed to pass. Results below:

A very good site. Took all 7 tests and cleared them. took 2 attempts to clear 2 of them ;-)

there is explanation for question you didn't answer correctly.

I recommend everyone to take the test to refresh their memory.

There are questions like: How much space should be there between your brake pedal and the floor of the car :Shockked:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DriverR (Post 4229112)
I happened to come across this site that has several mock tests for Learners and Driving Licence for India, updated as per the 2017 manual.

Thanks. Gave a couple of tests and passed in both. On the second one I just scored 66 %, but still was passed. I thought you needed 80% to pass the test.

Thank you Driver R. This is a very good website. Really helps drive the rules in without much effort. I took the test and got 2 wrong answers, but loved the concept.

I do hope this is made mandatory for everyone both while issuing a learners licence and again while issuing the permanent licence. Heck they should make it mandatory even for renewals.

Wish the developers all the best and thank you once again for highlighting this lovely site.

I also gave 2-3 tests to refresh my memory. Some questions were really new to me, some were wrong as well, i sent feedback for them for those questions:

A few samples as follow:

Mock Online Test for Driving Licence-11.jpg

Here for PUC right answer was given as 12 months. Actually we get PUC validity as 6 months only.

Mock Online Test for Driving Licence-12.jpg

Does it means a vehicle without any number? we can drive Temp. registered vehicle, right?

Mock Online Test for Driving Licence-13.jpg

It says we can't honk near courts. But as far as i remember we can't honk near school as well.

Mock Online Test for Driving Licence-14.jpg

It says regn. plate should be illuminated with white light - by law.:Shockked:
For so may years we are having yellow light only for regn. plate
Now a days we have very few car having white light for it.
So these many years are we cheated?

Mock Online Test for Driving Licence-15.jpg

It says long vehicle is turning right of it, so how could it can take left turn - as per their right answer?

Please correct me if i am wrong in any concept.

Overall a very good experience.:thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by tushar_b (Post 4229897)
It says long vehicle is turning right of it, so how could it can take left turn - as per their right answer?

They are specifically talking about long vehicles. A long vehicle may go in the opposite direction to make space for the turn, particularly for left turn.

Quote:

Here for PUC right answer was given as 12 months. Actually we get PUC validity as 6 months only.

Even I selected four months (as there were following options- Four, Eight, Twelve and Twenty).
Mock Online Test for Driving Licence-screenshot_20170705200753632.jpeg

Quote:

Does it means a vehicle without any number? we can drive Temp. registered vehicle, right?

I had selected None.
May be its not allowed to drive the vehicle even under Temp. Reg.

Quote:

It says we can't honk near courts. But as far as i remember we can't honk near school as well.

Even I had selected School. But it showed my wrong.
Mock Online Test for Driving Licence-longscreenshot_20170705201145.png

Quote:

It says regn. plate should be illuminated with white light - by law.:Shockked:
For so may years we are having yellow light only for regn. plate

Even I too was surprised to the result for this question when I selected Yellow Lights.

Quote:

Even I had selected Right Turn.

By the way, after answering every question, a "Why" option gets highlighted
so as to check the reason behind the answer.

The problems faced by me as below-

I got confused with this question-

Mock Online Test for Driving Licence-longscreenshot_20170705201521.png
Is it true that we should steer into the skid if the Car begins to skid?stupid:

Mock Online Test for Driving Licence-longscreenshot_20170705203715.png
Now here the Correct Answer is given as "Stay on the gas pedal" in the background and when I clicked on "Why" to know why is it the correct answer, it was shown as- Once a tire blows, you need to stop as quickly and safely as possible. The first step towards doing this is to immediately get off the accelerator. Both are contrary. Which is correct?
Mock Online Test for Driving Licence-longscreenshot_20170705203738.png
I had selected Grip the steering wheel firmly. Am I wrong?

Mock Online Test for Driving Licence-longscreenshot_20170705223520.png
Here I had selected that the Leaner's License is valid throughout India.
But I was prompted wrong citing the reason that- An Indian learner license may only be used in the state in which it is issued, unlike a full license which can be used throughout India.
Is it really so?

Mock Online Test for Driving Licence-longscreenshot_20170705223537.png

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi (Post 4230314)
But I was prompted wrong citing the reason that- An Indian learner license may only be used in the state in which it is issued, unlike a full license which can be used throughout India.
Is it really so?

I am not sure of the other answers, but as per previous posts in this forum (Learner's License Of Other State Valid permit to drive in BLR?) and other sites (Link), it appears the test answer is wrong.

Learner's License is valid across India. Looks like this and possibly other wrong answers needs to be highlighted to the website owners.

Quote:

Even I had selected School. But it showed my wrong.
Attachment 1654807

Same with me.

Quote:

Even I had selected Right Turn.
It is specific for long vehicles as they have take a long turn for their carriage to make the turn too.

Quote:

Is it true that we should steer into the skid if the Car begins to skid?stupid:
I got this wrong too. I also thought we should be countering the skid (same as drifting).

Quote:

Now here the Correct Answer is given as "Stay on the gas pedal" in the background and when I clicked on "Why" to know why is it the correct answer, it was shown as- Once a tire blows, you need to stop as quickly and safely as possible. The first step towards doing this is to immediately get off the accelerator. Both are contrary. Which is correct?
I also have this question. Can any expert comment on this?

Quote:

Attachment 1654811
Is it really so?
They have corrected this. I had selected throughout India and it was cleared.

Quote:

Yes, you are wrong.

Because, the question asks: which of these should you NOT do :D

As for whether or not you should stay on the gas pedal, there's a whole thread for that: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...t-blowout.html

Quote:

Is it true that we should steer into the skid if the Car begins to skid?

Yes. Turning away from the skid would only increase the chances of spinning out.

Eg. You are turning right, the car begins to skid (ie. go further to the left than desired) -- to 'catch' traction again, you should turn into the skid (ie. left), rather than turning further right.

Quote:

Originally Posted by _raVan_ (Post 4230384)
I got this wrong too. I also thought we should be countering the skid (same as drifting).

"Drifting" (ie. opposite lock) is considered 'turning into the skid'. I think the terminology used is what leaves room for confusion here :)

Managed to clear all of them in the first attempt riding the logical wave than knowledge of the rules (sorry to be admitting that). Many of the questions felt straight out of a Moral Science text book from school. While it definitely increases knowledge, or should I say, gives you a good lesson of being an ideal motorist, reality is far different from this :)

Quote:

This was the only question I got wrong in my first test. i was looking for 6 months but that wasn't even an option lol:

EDIT - thanks to my Dad who religiously follows all hand signals, I was able to manage all of them correctly, else I wouldn't have got most of them right

PUC can be had for 1 year also. When I had a Swift diesel it was the PUC guy who told me that I can get a 1 year PUC by paying 100 bucks extra. Not sure how much of it went in his pocket and honestly I didn't bother because prior to that I always used to get 6 months validity.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan (Post 4230391)
Yes, you are wrong.

Because, the question asks: which of these should you NOT do :-D

My Bad. I did not read the question "properly".
I thought it asked what should you do? stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan
Yes. Turning away from the skid would only increase the chances of spinning out.

Eg. You are turning right, the car begins to skid (ie. go further to the left than desired) -- to 'catch' traction again, you should turn into the skid (ie. left), rather than turning further right.

Here too I got confused with "point the tyres to which direction when vehicle skids".

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan
I think the terminology used is what leaves room for confusion here :-)

You nailed it right!

EDIT: -
On a side note, while giving this test, I came across many new questions, which I did not hear, read (previously) or even think that such questions might exist.lol:.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fine69 (Post 4230452)
PUC can be had for 1 year also. When I had a Swift diesel it was the PUC guy who told me that I can get a 1 year PUC by paying 100 bucks extra. Not sure how much of it went in his pocket and honestly I didn't bother because prior to that I always used to get 6 months validity.

My understanding is that PUC is valid for 1-year for BS-IV vehicles.
And for 6 months for all other vehicles (BS-II, BS-III etc.)