Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2017, 10:17   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai India launches HyBUY - a digital initiative

In a bid to lure more customers, specially those who are connected on digital platforms by the ever-increasing internet connectivity all across our country today, Hyundai India has launched a new digital initiative called the "HyBUY".

Hyundai India launches HyBUY - a digital initiative-1.jpg
Hyundai India launches HyBUY - a digital initiative-3.jpg

Once a customer visits the HyBUY website and enrolls himself/herself, he/she can avail special benefits by depositing a certain amount of money and stands to gain more rewards on sharing this deal with his/her friends, family and close ones in his/her circles who are connected to him/her on online social media platforms.

These benefits increase with the increase in number of people in the chosen one's connected circles joining the HyBUY deals. Once a booking is completed online, the referred Hyundai dealership continues with the rest of the buying experience for the enrolled customer.

Hyundai India launches HyBUY - a digital initiative-2.jpg

Name:  D1.png
Views: 1647
Size:  52.5 KB

This digital campaign is for a limited period, and for a limited number of cars only. Benefits offered on the HyBUY site are over and above the current market offers, if any.

According to Hyundai India's team, the company's digital reach (as of this press release) is -

Facebook: 8.9 Mn
Twitter: 491 K
Instagram: 190 K
YouTube Views : 65 Mn
YouTube subscribers : 25.8 K
LinkedIn: 71.7 K

Official Press Release:

Hyundai India launches HyBUY - a digital initiative-untitled.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 13th July 2017 at 10:19. Reason: embedded URL.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th July 2017, 10:37   #2
BHPian

Re: Hyundai India launches HyBUY - a digital initiative

I checked out the website (didn't sign up) but the concept left me a bit confused. Looks suspiciously like Hyundai is trying something Amway-ish.
Of course, I'm a social media dinosaur so I might be missing the point.
Roy.S is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2017, 16:14   #3
BHPian

These referral marketing tactics always leave a sour taste in my mouth. There’s no way I am sending junk to my friends so I can score a discount of a few thousand bucks.

It might prove to be popular in the mass market, but I always blacklist people who send me invitations to join stuff like this for personal gain.
aryayush is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2017, 17:54   #4
BANNED

These are all marketing gimmicks. I doubt whether this style of marketing would even be successful. I don't know how a company like Hyundai comes out like these kind of ideas.

Time will only say how successful is this kind of marketing.

Last edited by GTO : 14th July 2017 at 10:51. Reason: Typos
visky is offline   Received Infraction
Old 14th July 2017, 14:57   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai launches HyBuy online booking service

Hyundai has launched HyBuy - an online platform where customers can book a car and earn reward points on referrals.

Customers can sign up for service by logging on to the official website (Click here). To book a car online, customers will have to deposit a certain amount via the website. The deposit amounts will vary depending on the model selected. Reward points will be on offer for referrals.

It's been reported that HyBuy customers will be offered special deals. These will be for a limited number of vehicles and over a preset duration. The service is only limited to online bookings. Other aspects of the purchase like demos, test drive and delivery will be handled by the dealerships.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai India launches HyBUY - a digital initiative-hybuy.jpg  

Old 14th July 2017, 18:25   #6
BHPian

Re: Hyundai launches HyBuy online booking service

Do you believe that this would work at all?

From my understanding of hybuy, it seems like an influencer marketing + multi level marketing + referral system all put it one.

But I feel that the levels to achieve to just 'unlock' extended warranty as an initial benefit is too high - it's like one has to WORK to get that.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks