Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2017, 11:00   #76
BHPian

Re: Scoop! VW Polo GTI stock clearance. Now at Rs. 19.99 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Just checked the tyres. They are of a 4516 batch (week 45 of 2016). Made in Poland 215/45R16 91V Bridgestone Turanzas. These also have a marking 'xtra load' on them. I hope VW has followed prescribed norms when cars were lying in stock. Usually tyres are overinflated to prevent the rubber from going out of shape at the contact point. Super rare size this one. I don't think its available in the Indian market. I hope VW can supply tyres when needed. Or am I being over optimistic?

BTW as per VIN decoding its a MY 2017 car built in Pamplona, Spain in 2016.
I am sure latest michelin PS4 in 225 size can fit in this one. One more question, are you getting the warranty 2+2 years full, meaning starting from your invoice date? Recently VW told me that warranty starts from date of manufacturing i.e. Jan-2017. Me too considering to bargain hard on the stock left. However, since yours is the final black, i have to select from white, red and silver. I have white Jetta, so red it will be. lets see how much juice i can take out from VW dealer.
Old 12th September 2017, 11:45   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_PGPX View Post
I am sure latest michelin PS4 in 225 size can fit in this one. One more question, are you getting the warranty 2+2 years full, meaning starting from your invoice date? Recently VW told me that warranty starts from date of manufacturing i.e. Jan-2017. Me too considering to bargain hard on the stock left. However, since yours is the final black, i have to select from white, red and silver. I have white Jetta, so red it will be. lets see how much juice i can take out from VW dealer.
Only PS4 size available in 16" is 205/50R16 as per the website. It will be a downgrade from the stock 215s IMO.

Warranty has to be from the invoice date! Dealer is confusing you. I will check the fine print in the standard warranty booklet. Extended warranty booklet is yet to be delivered.

Regarding colour, that is what my dealer told me. Dealer's words are always to be taken with a pinch of salt. But regarding price there was no room for any negotiation. You can try with your dealer. All the best!
Santoshbhat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 09:53   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Regarding colour, that is what my dealer told me. Dealer's words are always to be taken with a pinch of salt. But regarding price there was no room for any negotiation. You can try with your dealer. All the best!
Ownership review is pending santosh sir. Even a short photologue with first impressions will help in decision making.
Old 13th September 2017, 10:09   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So I bit the bullet and brought home the GTI. Time to renew my love affair with the 1.8 TSI

Will try and put up a detailed review after racking up some miles.
Congrats!! Looking forward to the ownership review.

I hope VW replaces the current GTI in India with the new 2018 Polo GTI recently showcased at the Frankfurt MOtor Show. It is much more practical with four doors. Apparently the 2 door version is discontinued.

Drive on,
Shibu.
shibujp is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 10:20   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_PGPX View Post
Ownership review is pending santosh sir. Even a short photologue with first impressions will help in decision making.
I'll need to spend some time with the car and drive over varied conditions to do justice to an ownership review. I've barely driven 30 kms since I brought it home! I have been travelling a lot. Out of next 25 days I am out for almost 15 days. My hands are really itching to get behind the wheel. I'll be happy to answer any specific questions in the meantime.

PS : Just call me Santosh

Last edited by Santoshbhat : 13th September 2017 at 10:26.
Santoshbhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 10:38   #81
BHPian

Quote:
I'll need to spend some time with the car and drive over varied conditions to do justice to an ownership review. I've barely driven 30 kms since I brought it home! I have been travelling a lot. Out of next 25 days I am out for almost 15 days. My hands are really itching to get behind the wheel. I'll be happy to answer any specific questions in the meantime.

PS : Just call me Santosh
Sure Santosh, Take your time, no hurries. 39 pieces still to go. By the way, how much amount you paid for the extended warranty + RSA?
Mission_PGPX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2017, 07:34   #82
Senior - BHPian

Kochi is definitely buying the GTI after the price correction. Here is one I spotted at office parking yesterday. And black looks to be the favorite colour among those lucky few. It surely looks very menacing on road. Or maybe it is just evoking that respect in you subconsciously.

Scoop! VW Polo GTI stock clearance. Now at Rs. 19.99 lakh-img_20170913_120506545.jpg

Sorry about the low light photography. Maybe this is good as it projects the 3 door setup really well. LOL

Edit:
Btw, congratulations on the GTI Santosh! Lovely lovely choice. I now have a definite favorite if I were to pick a car from your garage for a drive.

Last edited by deetjohn : 14th September 2017 at 07:39. Reason: adding text.
deetjohn is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 11:04   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

With year end approaching any further discounts on GTI? Anyone knows? I am still on the fence. With 25L vRS, GTI looks over priced even at 20L. But the small form factor and light weight have their own charm...hope they give a nice December offer on GTI especially for bhpeans or something :-)
Old 3rd November 2017, 14:39   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
With year end approaching any further discounts on GTI? Anyone knows? I am still on the fence. With 25L vRS, GTI looks over priced even at 20L. But the small form factor and light weight have their own charm...hope they give a nice December offer on GTI especially for bhpeans or something :-)
Ideally they should because the stock they're sitting on is just gathering dust!

Especially when you consider the fantastically well specced vRS - that is quicker, more modern, more reliable, mod friendly, practical, and more feature loaded; all for a couple of lakhs more - I doubt too many people would be interested in the GTi unless they discount it a further INR 5L.
Old 14th November 2017, 11:10   #85
Team-BHP Support

During my discussions with VW, apparently an extra 50 POlo's made their way to our shores. The dealers have snapped them up and VW do not have any stock centrally.
ajmat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th November 2017, 12:08   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
During my discussions with VW, apparently an extra 50 POlo's made their way to our shores.
IMO, 50 more GTIs that is most likely going to eat the dust for sometime.

I really cannot get my head around the fact as to when did VW decide to ship more GTIs, when the already "EXCLUSIVE 99" had few takers, even after couple of months from launch.

The only saving grace is that with the Octy vRS all lapped up by enthusiasts and the next lot is due only after couple of months. This could probably be VW's only chance to drop couple more lakhs on the GTI, and leave the rest to destiny.

With an Ex showroom price of ~15 lakhs, they may just clear the entire GTI stock in under a month!!

Last edited by Vik0728 : 14th November 2017 at 12:10.
Old 14th November 2017, 12:16   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
I really cannot get my head around the fact as to when did VW decide to ship more GTIs, when the already "EXCLUSIVE 99" had few takers, even after couple of months from launch.
That was just a marketing gimmick. VW has imported more than 99 GTI long time back. I have heard that the numbers were more than 300 in total.
Old 14th November 2017, 12:54   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

I called BU Bhandari (a dealer in Pune). They said they don't have any GTI anymore!
What's cooking?
Old 14th November 2017, 13:18   #89
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
I called BU Bhandari (a dealer in Pune). They said they don't have any GTI anymore!
What's cooking?
It's a clear indication- Please head to Viraaj Skoda and get the Octavia VRS in 2018.
IIRC Neither the GTI nor the VRS are currently available with any dealer in Pune.

Last edited by asit.kulkarni93 : 14th November 2017 at 13:20.
Old 14th November 2017, 17:12   #90
BHPian

VW mumbai north seems to have a white one in stock. if anyone interested let me know.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks