Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2018, 12:47   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Scoop! VW Polo GTI stock clearance. Now at Rs. 19.99 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 View Post
Congratulations sir!

Did you get the red one from BUB yesterday? Is this replacing your GT or Laura? Wish you safe and fun miles with the GTi.
Yes that's the one how did you know? yes, exchanged the GT.

And all thanks to you (or I should say "caused" by you). If I had not read your post about new pricing on 26 Dec, I would have happily continued driving the GT and would have saved a lot of money. As per the dealer, this was the last GTI in stock and if I was late in deciding, I would not have got the car. Not sure how true is this, but you shouldn't have posted
anandpadhye is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 15:33   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Congrats! Hope to see pictures soon.

So what is the pricing story? Have dealers been given a price band starting from 14.99 to xx.xx (within which they can negotiate), depending on how many GTIs they have in stock?
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 17:42   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
... And all thanks to you (or I should say "caused" by you). If I had not read your post about new pricing on 26 Dec, I would have happily continued driving the GT and would have saved a lot of money. ...
Really sorry for the part Team-BHP has played in causing you this expense...

...And really delighted that it did

Please post lots about the car. Or at least a couple of posts with photographs? If you do do an ownership thread, please post the link here.

Many congratulations on your new buy.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 19:17   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Congrats! Hope to see pictures soon.

So what is the pricing story? Have dealers been given a price band starting from 14.99 to xx.xx (within which they can negotiate), depending on how many GTIs they have in stock?
Well in my case, the sales rep offered me 15.55L ex-showroom but not sure any other customer got the same/better offer, even I am curious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Really sorry for the part Team-BHP has played in causing you this expense...

...And really delighted that it did

Please post lots about the car. Or at least a couple of posts with photographs? If you do do an ownership thread, please post the link here.

Many congratulations on your new buy.
Haha! Thank you! Yes will start the ownership thread for sure.
anandpadhye is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 19:19   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

And all thanks to you (or I should say "caused" by you). If I had not read your post about new pricing on 26 Dec, I would have happily continued driving the GT and would have saved a lot of money. As per the dealer, this was the last GTI in stock and if I was late in deciding, I would not have got the car. Not sure how true is this, but you shouldn't have posted

Well a friend who is considering the GTI told me about a red one being delivered yesterday so that was an easy guess. BTW there are few more cars left with BUB. Just confirmed with them today morning.

And about the post mentioning the price in Pune that was bhpian Abhishek kulkarni.

Drive safe

Asit
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 20:34   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

The car was parked at the delivery bay for a couple of days waiting for the road tax to be paid. On the way back from office late night on Monday, I saw the showroom was closed but GTI parked at the frontage with nice spot lights shone on the car - was a sight to remember. Wanted to stop and take a photo but was in a hurry, was feeling a little sad that I missed taking the picture. Next morning, got this picture on whatsapp from the sales rep with the text "Your GTI is waiting for you..."

Scoop! VW Polo GTI stock clearance. Now at Rs. 19.99 lakh-gti_teaser.jpeg

Made my day. I only have the whatsapp image, will get the original high res version from him if possible, but what an angle, this guy has taste
anandpadhye is online now   (25) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 20:52   #127
Team-BHP Support

Congrats Anand!

You surely are one mad TSI addict. A Laura 1.8 TSI, the Polo 1.2 TSI and now the GTI! Being the fitness freak you are, I thought you'd be trading in the Laura for the GTI (for the AT; Anand is an avid marathoner). What happened?

Congrats and do pen down a review of this baby, time and other factors permitting. Wishing you a pleasant, fun-filled and safe ownership experience ahead!

PS: So nice of the sales advisor to click a snap and send it to you. The DRLs look kickass!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 10th January 2018 at 21:33.
Gannu_1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 21:38   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 View Post
Well a friend who is considering the GTI told me about a red one being delivered yesterday so that was an easy guess. BTW there are few more cars left with BUB. Just confirmed with them today morning.

And about the post mentioning the price in Pune that was bhpian Abhishek kulkarni.

Drive safe

Asit
Thanks! Hmmm so they have a few more cars, good, some lucky guys can grab. Sadly none of my friends and family are interested, in fact, nobody understands why i sold a 4 door Polo and bought a 2 door one! I am too tired to explain...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Congrats Anand!

You surely are one mad TSI addict. A Laura 1.8 TSI, the Polo 1.2 TSI and now the GTI! Being the fitness freak you are, I thought you'd be trading in the Laura for the GTI. What happened?

Congrats and do pen down a review of this baby, time and other factors permitting. Wishing you a pleasant, fun-filled and safe ownership experience ahead!
Thanks Ganesh Yes, the 1.8 TSI is a lusty engine, I just can't have enough of it! So I traded the 1.2 instead. Laura is now 8 years old but still feels like new. I just love her! The 1.2 though more than enough in the city, felt out of breath on the highways + brakes and lights are extremely poor on the 1.2. Hope the GTI addresses all the 3 issues

I will surely write down a detailed review. I am a big fan of your ownership thread and the DIY that you do is simply outstanding. Want to develop DIY skills myself!

Cheers!
anandpadhye is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2018, 15:10   #129
BHPian

Just experienced the GTI at the Mumbai Worli showroom, they have three cars, the white display one is sold, OTR is 21.0 approximately, the GTI is indeed a fabulous looking car and with a great engine. The other two cars were red I believe which has been allocated here.
Old 17th January 2018, 13:28   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Received the registration number for the GTI on Monday so started driving the car to office and back this week. It's great fun. I used to love my Polo GT TSI for office commute as I could squeeze through traffic easily and for the comfort of the DSG, but used to miss the much superior grunt of Laura's 1.8, so I would still take the Laura to office once in while. GTI has the same small footprint of the Polo and the BIG grunt of the Laura! Best of both worlds

And even though GTI has 32 additional horses over Laura's 160, GTI seems more efficient on the office commute. ~8.7L/100km compared to Laura's ~9.5L/100km - and this is with AC, and liberal use of S and paddles! I know, I have to "run in" the first 1000km or so, but it's just impossible not to pull the paddles or flick the liver into S even once in 45 min! Will need a lot of meditation

Cheers!
anandpadhye is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 18th January 2018, 11:38   #131
BHPian

Quote:

I wish , I had known the TSI was being sold off . We could have had a trade , and a fellow TBHPian would have had a GT at a bargain ! Sigh !
Old 18th January 2018, 13:18   #132
BHPian

Credits to the 7 Speed DSG and lower weight to lug around.

Quote:
And even though GTI has 32 additional horses over Laura's 160, GTI seems more efficient on the office commute. ~8.7L/100km compared to Laura's ~9.5L/100km - and this is with AC, and liberal use of S and paddles! I know, I have to "run in" the first 1000km or so, but it's just impossible not to pull the paddles or flick the liver into S even once in 45 min! Will need a lot of meditation

Cheers!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 18th January 2018 at 13:23. Reason: Trimming quoted post for improved readability.
Old 19th January 2018, 10:14   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamkhadse View Post
I wish , I had known the TSI was being sold off . We could have had a trade , and a fellow TBHPian would have had a GT at a bargain ! Sigh !
Oops, sure, I asked all my friends (bhpeans and others), but nothing worked out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
Credits to the 7 Speed DSG and lower weight to lug around.
Yes absolutely. And some incremental improvements I see. 1.8 in GTi reaches 90℃ in just 1km even on a cold morning, the one in Laura takes 2.5km. How did they do this? Do they just keep the water punp switched off until coolant temp reaches 90℃? Can this be back ported to Laura via a simple s/w upgrade? Laura is a lovely car, deserves such long term support, like the LTS versions of Ubuntu
Old 19th January 2018, 13:40   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Oops, sure, I asked all my friends (bhpeans and others), but nothing worked out...

Yes absolutely. And some incremental improvements I see. 1.8 in GTi reaches 90℃ in just 1km even on a cold morning, the one in Laura takes 2.5km. How did they do this? Do they just keep the water punp switched off until coolant temp reaches 90℃? Can this be back ported to Laura via a simple s/w upgrade? Laura is a lovely car, deserves such long term support, like the LTS versions of Ubuntu
Very curious to know , what was the price that you got for your GT ? Kms and year of manufacture ?
Old 19th January 2018, 13:43   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Suspect something to do with switching oil from Synthetic (Laura) to Mineral (GTI) to reduce the DSG Mechatronics failure rate?

Trust me, the VAG's got plenty of support outside the OE A$$.

Last edited by AirWind : 19th January 2018 at 13:45.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks