Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2017, 19:17   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: If you wait over 3 minutes in a toll station, you needn't pay toll?

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I think this thread can be locked. There looks to be no such rule, esp in practice.
and why do you think so?

Aren't we all having a good discussion on the probabilities of this rule in place some point in time?

Please refer various links and articles posted. It is only because someone spilled the beans about this rule that MORTH had to come back and clarifiy that there "IS" no such rule whereas various reports hint otherwise when users officially complained.

We are all here for updates and healthy discussion and in the interest of that, this thread can very much remain open.

And yes, many time there are instances of booths letting go the traffic due to congestion. I have quoted examples earlier.

Last edited by paragsachania : 10th December 2017 at 19:19.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2017, 20:02   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
And yes, many time there are instances of booths letting go the traffic due to congestion. I have quoted examples earlier.
The Toll Plaza at Savaleshwar on Solapur-Pune Highway does not let go the traffic even if the lines go over 300-400 m. I have seen many times.
Old 10th December 2017, 20:04   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
and why do you think so?
Because, the point was raised, and the clarification shared. The exceptions & un-official exceptions also shared.
Old 10th December 2017, 20:08   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Because, the point was raised, and the clarification shared. The exceptions & un-official exceptions also shared.
Yes and hence I think this can stay open for discussion. It's only today I managed to capture what I posted although I have been mentioning about it. It clearly hints one thing - The booth has a service level to meet; whether that's Maximum permissible queue length or transaction time per vehicle. This "remotely" is connected to the 3 minute rule that we all have been discussing.

Having this thread open would mean we keep sharing our experiences from across the country and that will certainly matter for the larger audience.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th December 2017, 21:21   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

It certainly exists there for a reason, a reason we all know and we all keep discussing; online .
This board clearly indicates that there is a 3 minute rule. Some time back I have seen a similar board in one of the toll towards Kanyakumari too.
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks