Team-BHP - Mercedes-AMG GLC 43 Coupe launched at Rs. 74.80 lakh
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Mercedes-AMG GLC 43 Coupe launched at Rs. 74.80 lakh (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/188823-mercedes-amg-glc-43-coupe-launched-rs-74-80-lakh.html)

Mercedes-AMG has launched the GLC 43 Coupe in India at a price of Rs. 74.80 lakh (ex-showroom, India). The car is imported into the country as a CBU.

The GLC 43 Coupe measures 4,728 mm in length, 2,096 mm width and 1,587 mm in height. It has a wheelbase of 2,873 mm. Its fuel tank capacity is 66 litres.

The GLC 43 Coupe comes with a choice of six exterior colours. It can be differentiated from the standard GLC by its swooping roofline and its front grille which has chrome pins. Other changes to the exterior include AMG-spec bumpers with scuff protection in a brushed silver finish, full-LED headlights. The coupe-like roofline terminates into a lip spoiler at the back and the car also gets quad-exhaust tips.

The cabin of the GLC 43 Coupe sports black leather upholstery with red stitching and red seat belts. There is carbon-fibre trim on the centre console, a flat-bottom, multi-function sports steering wheel, aluminium pedals, AMG instrument cluster, sport seats and an 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Bluetooth and USB connectivity that sits atop three central air-conditioner vents.

The Mercedes-AMG GLC 43 Coupe is powered by a 3.0-liter, bi-turbo V6 petrol engine that produces 362 BHP @ 5,500-6,000 rpm and a peak torque of 520 Nm @ 2,000-4,200 rpm. The car comes with a 4-MATIC all-wheel drive system (rear biased with a torque split of 31:69) and a 9-speed 9G-Tronic automatic transmission. The GLC 43 Coupe has a claimed 100 km/h time of 4.9 sec and an electronically limited top speed of 250 km/h. It also has an engine start/stop function.

The GLC 43 Coupe comes with AMG Dynamic Select, which offers five driving modes - Eco, Comfort, Sport, Sport Plus and 'Individual', which allows the driver to customize the setup. Features such as independent sports suspension, adaptive dampers with air body control and speed-sensitive sports steering, performance exhaust are part of standard equipment. Other features include park assist with 360-degree camera, adaptive brake lights, cruise control and 7 airbags, including a knee airbag on driver's side.

The GLC 43 Coupe rides on 19-inch, 5-spoke alloy wheels. However, customers can also opt for 21-inch alloys wheels. 360 mm discs with 4-piston calipers take up braking duties at the front, while 320 mm discs with a single piston caliper do duty at the rear.

Its a good combination of speed + practicality. but again its a bit pricey. Import duty is everyone's enemy.

Another fake AMG flodding the market. :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjumrani (Post 4238202)
Another fake AMG flodding the market. :Frustrati

Have you driven any 43 AMGs? I was pleasantly surprised on how fun the C43AMG was. This coming from a purist who's daily drive is a NA v8 does mean something. The turbo surge with a RWD setup leaves you grinning through out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 4238204)
Have you driven any 43 AMGs? I was pleasantly surprised on how fun the C43AMG was. This coming from a purist who's daily drive is a NA v8 does mean something. The turbo surge with a RWD setup leaves you grinning through out.

I considered buying the GLE 43AMG coupe but after TDing it in Hyderabad decided not even touch it.To me it was just fake AMG.

Irony is that Bangalore doesn't even have a display car but yet I seriously considered the car until I drove it. This one is also a fake AMG.

Mercedes is really diluting the AMG brand with these wannabe cars. Funny thing is all of them are priced around the same 75 lacs, give or take a few. Wonder why!

Tad bit overpriced. By tad i mean alot and by alot i mean quite alot.

But i think the memory seats must've elevated the cost :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 4238204)

The C43 is a 4Maticlol:. But yes the 43s definitely have some punch, and sound better than the 45s IMO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akshay1234 (Post 4238279)
The C43 is a 4Maticlol:. But yes the 43s definitely have some punch, and sound better than the 45s IMO.

Agreed. But the fact that I didn't even realise it's 4matic is testimony that it drives like a RWD. He was really tail happy and that's what brought out the fun factory.
The Audi Quattro is feels like all time equal distribution 4 wheel drive. It never gives you any tail wagging even if you try. Which is great for confidence but bad for the fun factor.

Merc GLE 43 AMG Coupe.

The Interior of the GLC43

GLC43 AMG in a stunning shade of blue.